Chris Moyles

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Chris Moyles

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:10 pm

I used to love Chris Moyles, I used to listen to him all the time in the morning but over these past few months he's really starting to grate on me. I've actually had to turn the radio over because I can't stand him waffling on anymore. I think he's got a bit big for his boots now.

I think he's really arrogant and obnoxious and I don't like the way that he is continually allowed to get on his soapbox and drone on about himself or publicly tear some poor sod to shreds. I really didn't like the way he used to lay into Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud and I think he is really arrogant to think he can get away with saying that sort of stuff and just pass it off as his sense of humour.

To rub salt into the wound, our local radio is pretty shocking, so sometimes Chris Moyles is actually the lesser of the two evils! ](*,)

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same, everyone I know loves him!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Chris Moyles

Postby captainf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:12 am

Suppose you could settle for your local instead. I havent ever listened to Chris Moyles because I normally stick to local stations.
Isnt your local Heart? Ours in MK is too and its fine.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 am

Better than Trent FM! lol.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:46 am

I feel exactly the same.

I used to love Chris Moyles, bought and read both his books etc and yet now I can barely stand how he always slags other people and appears to think he's the greatest thing going. The sad thing is, when you read his books or see him out of his normal context he's not like that at all, that's just a radio facade he puts on.

I've heard rumours going round that he's going to lose his breakfast show slot pretty soon. He also keeps losing listeners and then having to try and claw them back. I also think that his ratings are inflated simply due to the time of day. More people are listening to the radio during his show slot than at other times because they're commuting etc.

No, for me Scott Mills is the best DJ and show on Radio 1 these days. I listen to CDs in the morning and Scott on the way home.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Weasley » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:56 am

I'm not a big fan of the radio - our local station is Beacon and it plays tooooo many commercials!
I've never really liked Chris Moyles and for that reason I've never really listened to him. I just listen to CD's! Everyone is like "Oooo did you hear Chris Moyles this morning? He was soooo funny" and I've never thought he was funny at all!!! Maybe it's my sense of humor but he's not for me thank you!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:28 am

Our "local" comminuty radio is NE1 FM...seriously bad at times. It's done by people in the "community" - Imagine a whole load of geordie chavs speaking on the radio....They seem to have a few "spuds" read the news. A 5 year old could read it better. However some of the presenters are good; most however when I last listened to it were not.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 am

Sorry to go off topic here but I was listening to the radio the other day - not something I do often due to the adverts...however they were having a discussion about women and fake tan...they had a woman on the phone defending fake tan and a man on the phone saying he didn't like it....the woman said "I like it, it makes me feel thin"...the guy replied "if you want to be thin why don't you go on a diet"....it was hysterical, you probably had to hear it because the woman went off it later but I did agree with the guy and her "poor" reasoning for defending fake tan.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:13 pm

chris moyles was great but i don't listen to him anymore. I flick between heart, choice, kiss and lbc if the music has started to bore me (think LBC is a sign of getting old :lol: )
Scott Mills is great and makes me laugh
My journey to work is so short it's hardly worth turning the cd on so i use them for longer journeys
On the fake tan subject i hate the smell, i can always smell it even if the girl has perfume on (it's just like coffeee which i hate) and the streaks on some girls are hilarious (how can you think you look good like that). I understand wanting to be brown too but orange which most of them are. Also orange hands where they don't wash it off properly after applying :lol: :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Bel Bel wrote:it's just like coffeee which i hate

I HATE coffee too...at work they have a proper coffee machine and it stinks the entire office out ALL day. Or rather it used to until the guy who lived on coffee moved downstairs (shame). He also liked it to be arctic temperatures. One of the guys was taking the P out of us this morning - there were 3 of us in the kitchen this morning - 2 were trying to figure out how to use the coffee machine (they've just moved upstairs from downstairs so haven't used it before and I never drink coffee), anyway he was joking between us we have 5 degrees (2 of which are masters) and we took a while to figure out how it works.

I agree some of the streaks of self tan are funny, it amuses me when they've obviously done it with shoes or something on and then they wear sandles....white feet at the ready.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby earthchild » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 pm

re the fake tan, its also awful when you can see the line that goes around their feet or the line behind their ear and their neck!
i'd like to be brown too esp as i dont tan naturaly in the sun however im just too lazy to use fake tan!
but i guess its far more better for people to use fake tan than actually ruin their skin from the suns rays!
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm too lazy to use fake tan too, but then I do tan in the sun and I'm not fussed about looking white...it was the colour I was born with - I wasn't born tanned so why do it now.

I did have some dove or nivea (I don't remember which) moisturising cream which a built up a fake tan over time - I think it was called summer sun or summer skin...(I got it in a gift set, used it about twice and gave it to my mam cos I never use creams).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Jo » Tue May 05, 2009 4:34 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I used to love Chris Moyles, I used to listen to him all the time in the morning but over these past few months he's really starting to grate on me.

Only just seen this post but totally agree with you. I think he's turned into a bit of a bully. He'd never actually see it that way though - he'd say he's just being honest. I get particularly annoyed by his attitude towards women, especially those he doesn't find attractive - in his head it seems to follow that they therefore don't deserve any respect and it's OK to make nasty comments.

And of course Chris Moyles is allowed to make nasty comments about people's size because he's on the big side - twisted and selfish logic. What a plonker :grrr:

I have to say though, I don't like Scott Mills either, he seems really childish to me. One of my pet hates is that he seems to have started saying "off of", instead of just 'off' - i.e. "I bought this off of Ben", or "Get off of me", or "I got off of the bus". *Blows raspberry*.

Maybe I've got PMT today or maybe I've just grown out of Radio 1! :P
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 06, 2009 9:07 am

Jo wrote:I have to say though, I don't like Scott Mills either, he seems really childish to me. One of my pet hates is that he seems to have started saying "off of", instead of just 'off' - i.e. "I bought this off of Ben", or "Get off of me", or "I got off of the bus". *Blows raspberry*.

Maybe I've got PMT today or maybe I've just grown out of Radio 1! :P

Oooh the off of would annoy me soooo much, I at least think radio and TV presenters should learn to speak properly since their job relies on it, you don't want chav Joe Public on the radio, you want someone nice and sensible who talks properly.

I attempted to listen to the radio this morning on my way to work, I flicked through 24 radio channels and NOT ONE was playing music. I did briefly listen to Galaxy and they were having a debate weather supermarket checkout employees should have teeth or not. The guy on the radio was apparently served by a lady with no teeth; needless to say the "conversation" was rotting my brain so I switched back to my CD.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Jo » Wed May 06, 2009 9:56 am

dipsy wrote:...they were having a debate weather supermarket checkout employees should have teeth or not.

Cos that's going to play a deciding factor in whether or not the sun comes up tomorrow innit?! :o
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Moose » Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 am

I also used to listen to Chris every morning without fail but since he climbed Kilimanjaro he's got right on my wick. In fact I can't actually remember what I found so hilarious about him. I used to like the chat between the team but now even that goes on too much, and there are quite a lot of in-jokes that if you miss one day, you won't understand if you listen the next day.

As for Scott Mills, well I can't really get into him at all. Firstly, I think he puts on his voice (for an entire show 5 days a week, you may ask? Yes!) and it's quite whiney (Becky, the other one on the team has almost exactly the same style of talking). I think the "off of" thing that you're talking about, Jo, is something he used to do that's just stuck really, so he uses it all the time now, almost like a catchphrase. Can't stand that Chappers either - his voice annoys me and he sounds just like some bloke off the street who's happened to walk into the station and start talking about football or something!

I bought an iPod in January so always listen to that in the car now - especially as I'm listening to all of my songs from A-Z in order with no breaks (sad - I know this)! So no radio for me anyway at the moment! I was moaning about Radio 1 to someone the other day and they were not interested so I'm glad you lot want to talk about it! :D
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Chit Chat