SO unfair!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

SO unfair!

Postby rufio89 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm SO jealous! My boyfriend's started his new job last week, and he's working with disabled kids so he has to have his CRB check done.

There's been a clerical error with it so it's gonna be another few days and his boss has said 'cant really have you working here till we get that through, so dont come in the rest of the week, but since it's not your fault, we'll still pay you"

Lucky!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: SO unfair!

Postby captainf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Dont worry. It will all work out and he'll get to go back to work.. he gets pay for the time he doesnt work so theres no real problem. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:29 pm

I know what you mean! Some people are really jammy! My boyfriend is like that too, I have no idea how he manages but no matter what he does, lucky things happen to him all the time. Hopefully it'll start rubbing off on me!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:07 am

argh! It's so unfair, I've been made to work overtime the past 2 days, so I've been working 8-6, (plus it takes me an hour to get in, and an hour to get home), while he sits on his bum watching TV or plays golf. Not fair :( lol
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 01, 2009 8:44 am

My bf is jammy too; he always lands on his feet or gets someone else to sort his problems out for him so he's just stupidly lazy about it now.

I've had to work to get where I am and yes I happened to fall on my feet in this job - I appreciate it. My bf just seems to take these things for granted; I'd like him to recieve a reality slap - not in a bad way just to make him appreciate the good times more.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 01, 2009 9:57 am

some people are just lucky like that my brother is the same

i worked all my school holidays and slaved myself for years to get where i am. My brother bummed about, took drugs, got in trouble with the police and worked as a barman for years. He has the same level of job on same pay as me. It's almost like i shouldn't have bothered working so hard but i would have done it anyway it's just the type of person i am. And i don't begrudge my brother for it, fair play to him.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:19 am

My brothers like that, he just doesnt bother to do anything and yet he always ends up landing on his feet.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby kerrie24 » Fri May 01, 2009 3:22 pm

My brother was always skiving school and did terrible in exams and he has quite a high paid job now through a friend of a friend.As they say,its not what you know...its who you know lol
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jo » Sat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm

rufio89 wrote:I'm SO jealous! My boyfriend's started his new job last week, and he's working with disabled kids so he has to have his CRB check done.

There's been a clerical error with it so it's gonna be another few days and his boss has said 'cant really have you working here till we get that through, so dont come in the rest of the week, but since it's not your fault, we'll still pay you"

Lucky!

First thing that comes to mind is... hmmm, what jobs need doing while he's got nothing better to do? :badgrin:
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby rufio89 » Sun May 03, 2009 12:30 pm

First thing that comes to mind is... hmmm, what jobs need doing while he's got nothing better to do?

Hehe those were my thoughts exactly. I told him to bake me a cake if he was bored. But he didnt :( lol
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 05, 2009 9:13 am

kerrie24 wrote:My brother was always skiving school and did terrible in exams and he has quite a high paid job now through a friend of a friend.As they say,its not what you know...its who you know lol

That IS very true. Most people where I work got in through "word of mouth, who they were related to or who they knew" - it's only the last year they started to advertsie externally and not take people through who they knew. They didn't like to hire "outsiders" as to rock the boat.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Tue May 05, 2009 10:21 am

Why is it always men that seem to be so jammy?!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Men flaunt it, women will just get on with it?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat