Little annoyances

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Little annoyances

Postby rufio89 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:09 am

Ahh yes the Clumber Street crossings. There must be SO many traffic accidents there.

Oooooh a little annoyance I've thought of (thinking of annoying things about nottingham), when you're walking down towards the Broadmarsh from the square, there's SO many sausage charity workers trying to sign you up to things! You put your head down to avoid one and just walk straight into another one. Or a market researcher. Or internet sales, or credit card sales, or holiday sales. ARGHHH I DONT WANT TO BUY YOUR THINGS. If I DID I'd go to the shop!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 01, 2009 8:49 am

rufio89 wrote:there's SO many sausage charity workers trying to sign you up to things! You put your head down to avoid one and just walk straight into another one. Or a market researcher. Or internet sales, or credit card sales, or holiday sales. ARGHHH I DONT WANT TO BUY YOUR THINGS. If I DID I'd go to the shop!

We have this too...then we have the "anti terror petitions" - they've been there as long as I can remember and NO I don't want to sign their petition on racism or a petition on asylum seekers or illegal immigrants - they seem quite rude when you don't want to sign; then we have the animal charity camped up close by - again after being there for as long as I can remember no I don't want to sign - surely people still can't be signing it. Then we often have a preacher or a band or something playing; this is all within 10m square. (We have a monument (Greys Monument) and they all sit out on the base of it). Then all the emo kids start to hang around there and it's sooooooooooo busy.

How are you getting on with your passport Ruth?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:58 am

I'm having to go to the Passport office on Saturday, my appointment is at 12.30, so at least I've got peace of mind on it (hopefully), but it's in Peterborough so a bit of a drive. :(

I'm just terrified I'm going to forget something, or something will be wrong on the form. Arghhhhhh. I'll feel SO much better when this is done.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 01, 2009 9:53 am

get someone to check over it so you don't have a wasted journey
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Fri May 01, 2009 10:04 am

I hate chuggers too :evil: Unfortunately they always target me, without fail, partly because I think I've got that sort of face, and partly because I'm mostly alone, and they prefer lone people (no companions to get annoyed waiting). Sometimes I'll even cross the street to avoid them - when I'm out I'm usually on my way to an appointment or otherwise busy and I just don't want to be hassled by strangers when I'm going about my lawful business. If I want to donate I donate, I don't need a random person in the street (who's almost certainly after money for themselves in the form of a commission, these are usually professional salespeople, not workers for the actual charity) to tell me to do it. I think accosting people and trying to get their bank details off them in the street is borderline illegal. I make a point of never donating to a charity that I've seen employing professionals to do this.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 01, 2009 10:08 am

i find the best way is to tell them yopu already donate to their cause and quickly walk off

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby earthchild » Wed May 06, 2009 11:28 am

peecee wrote:the people who stroll along the aisles of the local supermarket, and park their trolley in the MIDDLE of the aisle while they look at something; or suddenly stop for a gossip with 30 other people in the middle of the aisle. I really, REALLY want to slap them out of the way. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????

lol, i defnately agree with this one,
People who are standing in the middle of an extremely street/train station having conversations when there are so many people trying to get past!
then they loudly tut or make some obnoxious comment because they are accidently being knocked by a traffic of people,
by all means have your conversation- But have the curtesy to stand to the side of the pavement so other people can get past!

or the stupid pull along suitcases, that when people get off an escalator they stop instantly to pull up the handle with no consideration to the fact the escalator is still moving and there are people trying to get off.

two things that are guaranteed to have me in a rage when trying to get to work :evil:
im just amazed at how self involved people can be.
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 06, 2009 11:38 am

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
rufio89 wrote:there's SO many sausage charity workers trying to sign you up to things! You put your head down to avoid one and just walk straight into another one. Or a market researcher. Or internet sales, or credit card sales, or holiday sales. ARGHHH I DONT WANT TO BUY YOUR THINGS. If I DID I'd go to the shop!

We have this too...then we have the "anti terror petitions" - they've been there as long as I can remember and NO I don't want to sign their petition on racism or a petition on asylum seekers or illegal immigrants - they seem quite rude when you don't want to sign; then we have the animal charity camped up close by - again after being there for as long as I can remember no I don't want to sign - surely people still can't be signing it. Then we often have a preacher or a band or something playing; this is all within 10m square. (We have a monument (Greys Monument) and they all sit out on the base of it). Then all the emo kids start to hang around there and it's sooooooooooo busy.

I was in town at the weekend and as well as everything else up above I mentioned there was then a "march" through town by the anti-racist people who held up all the trafic for ages. Personally I think it draws more attention to racism rather than trying to prevent it.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed May 06, 2009 11:46 am

Talking of people stopping you in the street - I got stopped by some Mormons the other day. They tried to get into some moral/religious debate with me and wanted me to at least have a look at their website. I told them that I wasn't being rude, but I wasn't in the slightest bit religious and nothing was going to change that, yet he still harped on. That really annoyed me, he was being really pushy about the whole thing and I just wanted to get home. It also kinda bemused me that they were stood in a predominantly Muslim neighbourhood - I can't imagine suddenly changing your faith just because a couple of guys stood on the street tell you to?!

Each to their own, I don't have any problem with anyone being religious, but I don't want to be preached at and told that the Lord has the answer etc. I don't go around preaching that everyone should be an atheist.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:48 am

Im with you on that RagDoll. I had some Mormons come up to me when I was younger (and had black and red dreadlocks and multiple facial piercings), and tell me that I looked like "my soul needed saving". I had to bite my tongue from telling them to f-off.

I'm firmly athiest, but I have no problem with other people being religious so long as they dont try to force their beliefs on me.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 06, 2009 11:53 am

rufio89 wrote:I'm firmly athiest, but I have no problem with other people being religious so long as they dont try to force their beliefs on me.

Ditto that!

I don't think anyone from any religion should preach their beliefs. My issue with religion is don't most of the religions all believe in the same god? Why can't they agree to disagree and say we all believe in the same god so we'll get along.

I also think the Christian religion does still class women as 2nd class citizens, I must say it's not as bad as women in the muslim world.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed May 06, 2009 12:35 pm

if i was told i needed saving by one of those so and so's i would be tempted to tell htem it was too late i had laready sold my soul to the devil :lol:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:34 pm

I've NEVER had Jehovahs Witnesses knock on my door, no matter where I've lived.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Wed May 06, 2009 2:28 pm

We have on occasion, we normally hide from them, haha
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 06, 2009 2:55 pm

rufio89 wrote:I've NEVER had Jehovahs Witnesses knock on my door, no matter where I've lived.

So you are the lucky one, eh?!

The fact is when you say no they just don't go they keep at it...
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat