Thank Crunchie It's Friday..

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Thank Crunchie It's Friday..

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:28 pm

You guys need to move. It has been 16 degrees the last few days down here in the south 8)
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:34 am

Bel Bel wrote:You guys need to move. It has been 16 degrees the last few days down here in the south 8)

Oh I know. I watched the weather saying about how "mild" it has been these last few weeks...did they even cover weather in the North...No!!! We don't exist up here do we Ragdoll, Kerrie :cry:. I mean we only get on the computer when all the street rats run in the big wheel to generate electricity :P .
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 am

I know, it's rubbish, and when the north does get a mention (particularly the north east), it's quite often in a derogatory way. Makes me mad!

Anyway, I'll step down from my soap box now to celebrate the fact IT IS FRIDAY :D ! What does everyone have planned this weekend? I am getting my hair cut tomorrow, which I am actually really pleased about as it's just an uncontrollable bush at the moment! I'm also going to have to do some reading and if possible start my first essay, which has to be in on 9th Nov.. ahhh!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 am

I had a really ridiculous night out last night, I dont know that Ive ever been so drunk in my life, not good :( so Im stupidly tired, and I broke my effing iphone. I also drank my weight in alcohol.

What's the weekly units allowance for women?

and I have to go out tonight as well, my brother is down from London because he has a gig, I was really looking forward to it as well until this morning. Why why why did I get sucked into going out last night?????

What is everyone upto this weekend? I'm gonna have a quiet one after tonight I think!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:38 am

Its something like 21 units for women (I believe)

I am going to a dance, where my sister is doing a performance on saturday. I don't know what else I got planned yet.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:39 am

RagDoll wrote:I know, it's rubbish, and when the north does get a mention (particularly the north east), it's quite often in a derogatory way. Makes me mad!

99% of the time it's a derogatory way. I remember when London had snow last year - it even made our LOCAL news - did the local snow make it on the local news...no! Did the fact somewhere had flooded the day before make it on the local news - no!

I admit some places in the N-E are bad - just as there are bad places everywhere; I mean we may not have the big expensive shops but we do have the now second biggest shopping centre in Europe, or did it go back to the biggest after Debenhams? I don't know.

I'm off to my boyfriends parents this weekend as it's his nephews 1st birthday on Tuesday and I wanted to see him and to make sure he has his presents in time. If I left it up to the two "uncles" they poor baby would get nothing!!!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:44 am

How 'nice' a place is isn't just down to its shops etc. though is it? (I mean that in a conversational kind of way, just realised it sounds quite mean in black and white - I hate the way you can't interpret peoples' tones on the net!!)... I mean we have some fantastic countryside, ranging from great beaches in Northumberland to the North Yorkshire Moors etc. etc. I could name so many fab places to visit. We need to keep it a secret anyway though Dips ;) ... keep the Southerners out lol (JOKE EVERYONE!)
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:04 pm

RagDoll wrote:How 'nice' a place is isn't just down to its shops etc. though is it? (I mean that in a conversational kind of way, just realised it sounds quite mean in black and white - I hate the way you can't interpret peoples' tones on the net!!)...

Oh no I agree, I was meaning it as in; we are a nice place, we have a good shopping centre - ao we aren't as primitive as people think. We have beautiful countryside and I think Newcastle in general is a pretty place with all the old buildings. The North Yorkshire moors have lovely scenery and walks and history! Plus I personally think we have some of the best coastline in the UK. I even read an article at "ooop Norf" people speak the actual Queens English - not the modern Queens English but we use words and stuff (mostly slang words now) that were old 'proper' English.

I love listening to old people talk in all their slang words because no one else can understand them; one of my friends from London said she was standing in a queue behind 2 old geordie men and she thought they were speaking in a foreign language. It's a dying tradition. It's now mostly the chav's who use all the slang words. Oh on a side note the neighbour behind us has 2 grandkids; one called Kyle who is about 5 and Olivia (1ish) that's right O-livia - now Kyle isn't very good at speaking but they won't correct him that it is O-livia rather than livia - I know it could be an affectionate family term but even his grandma (our neighbour) can't speak adult words. I so want to go and strangle them sometimes and correct their pronunciation. I also don't like the use of "ma" - mam and "da" - It's very chav here; surely you can't be so lazy as to add the last letter on. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The neighbour behind us has 2 sisters; one lives next door to us and she can speak "adult words" but her other sister who lives over the road can't either!

RagDoll wrote:We need to keep it a secret anyway though Dips
]

I mean, yea ragdoll it's a horrible place to live isn't it!!!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Speaking the queens english has nothing to do with where you come from, its how you was brought up.

How was everyones weekend? What did you guys do?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:05 pm

rufio89 wrote:What's the weekly units allowance for women?

Em - actually, it's 14 for women, and 21 for men! :o

That's per WEEK, petal, not per night...:rofl: Got any milk thistle tablets? I'd take a bottle of them if I were you! :P
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 am

captainf wrote:Speaking the queens english has nothing to do with where you come from, its how you was brought up.

How was everyones weekend? What did you guys do?

I was saying our slang words are the old queens english.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby earthchild » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:16 am

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote: I watched the weather saying about how "mild" it has been these last few weeks...did they even cover weather in the North

Dont know what weather reports you guys watch but i live in london and there is always a weather report for the UK, showing everywhere including the north-east! then after that there is a more localised report ie for London.
i lived in the midlands for a brief amount of time and their weather reports were also like that.

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:I remember when London had snow last year - it even made our LOCAL news - did the local snow make it on the local news...no!

thats because its very rare to have snow settled in a built up city!
on the rare occasion when we get snow here it usually melts as soon as it hits the ground!

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:We have beautiful countryside

couldnt agree with you more, i think people who have access to the beautiful countryside and coastlines up north are extremely lucky!
i think the most beautiful beach in the Uk that was voted was in Scotland, it has pure white sand!
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:55 am

earthchild wrote:dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
I watched the weather saying about how "mild" it has been these last few weeks...did they even cover weather in the North

Dont know what weather reports you guys watch but i live in london and there is always a weather report for the UK, showing everywhere including the north-east! then after that there is a more localised report ie for London.
i lived in the midlands for a brief amount of time and their weather reports were also like that.

It was one news weather thing I watched; yes they skimmed over the whole country but they only focused on the mild weather in the south; it was one incident; I just thought it was funny enough to mention - obvioulsy not!

earthchild wrote:dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
I remember when London had snow last year - it even made our LOCAL news - did the local snow make it on the local news...no!

thats because its very rare to have snow settled in a built up city!
on the rare occasion when we get snow here it usually melts as soon as it hits the ground!

But don't we have national news for this sort of thing? Local news is for local events, local stuff not the weather 300 miles away.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 pm

earthchild wrote:
dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:We have beautiful countryside

couldnt agree with you more, i think people who have access to the beautiful countryside and coastlines up north are extremely lucky!
i think the most beautiful beach in the Uk that was voted was in Scotland, it has pure white sand!

The only downside to the lovely beaches are the weather; we don't get so warm weather as the south to enjoy them as much - when we go get the weather the beaches are packed. This applies to the whole of the UK - I'd love to get a month of two of guaranteed nice, warm, sunny weather so we could enjoy our local beaches and countryside properly, without having to go abroad to guarantee weather. It is a real shame really.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby earthchild » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:01 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote: I just thought it was funny enough to mention - obvioulsy not!

i didnt take it personal, i was just wondering !

earthchild wrote:But don't we have national news for this sort of thing? Local news is for local events, local stuff not the weather 300 miles away.

fair point...
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat