Stuck in the lift

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Stuck in the lift

Postby spacegirl » Mon May 25, 2009 1:25 pm

I've just spent 30 mins stuck in a tiny lift with a horrible old man from the offices above mine, who clearly smokes about a thousand cigarettes a day as the lift actually seemed to be filling up with smoke from his breath by the time we got out it was disgusting, and also the most awkward 30 mins of my life. not the way i was hoping to begin my week.
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Stuck in the lift

Postby captainf » Mon May 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Argh sounds horrible! Smokers breath is awful.
I feel sorry for you spacegirl. Hope your week gets better.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Mon May 25, 2009 10:43 pm

spacegirl, hun, it wasn't funny then, but you make it sound funny now! :P

Hope you've cleared your lungs out, changed your clothes and cheered yourself up with a raspberry ripple, you're a natural cheerer-upper! =D>
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 26, 2009 9:19 am

First is you get stuck in a lift thats bad enough then with someone who is stinking then it makes it worse.

I got stuck in a lift on a boat and I was terrified lol. My mind was doing a bit of a titanic, if we sink we are stuck, we can't get out etc...I'm not scared of small spaces...I am however scared of small places I can't get out of!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby spacegirl » Tue May 26, 2009 2:14 pm

lol yea it really made me appreciate the fresh air, i went for a long walk in a park after work haha. can't buy raspberry ripples here... :( i usually stock up on all that kind of stuff when i'm home lol!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Tue May 26, 2009 3:59 pm

I have to addmit I dont like using lifts. Im not scared of small spaces, but I dont like the fact that lifts are mainly very old, tatty looking things.. reminds me of a coffin really. However, I happily go in the ones where you can see out of.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 27, 2009 8:38 am

We had a couple of dodgy lifts at uni which we had to use...

One was about the size of 1m square and said it fit 7 people in (4 at most in reality); but we often had lectures on the 6th floor (the floors were massive); plus the lift only went to the 5th floor so you still had to walk the final floor - there was actually a stop button in this lift which instantly stopped the lift until you let go of it (even in mid floor).

In the library they had one of those horrible lifts, it just rattled the whole way up, and shook and stopped and started.

In my building at uni the lift was like a snail, then they got new things to make it go faster and it sped up. I did once walk to the top; actually I walked a lot. My building had 2 sides, one had a lift, the other side had no lift access and didn't join the otherside of the building (i.e. the corridors were just blocked off). One side had about 7 LARGE floors and the other side with the lift had 9 floors (7 with lift, 2 with extra walking). I did ONCE walk the 9 floors. Also being a physics building there wasn't many womens toilets around. We used to have letures on the 3rd floor no lift bit; the boys could nip out the room, walk directly across the corridor and use the toilet and back in....girls had to EITHER walk down 3 flights of stairs to use the toilet or go down to the second floor and then walk to the opposite end of the corridor to the toilets - either way it took ages. Mind the womens toilets from the 4th floor up used to have fantastic views of the inside of St. James Park - hahahah.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat