Susan Boyle

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Susan Boyle

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 26, 2009 11:55 am

What does everyone think of her since the country seems to be Susan Boyle mad.

Personally I like her, she seems a normal everyday person, nothing special going on about her and then she opens her mouth and sings. She doesn't seem to realise the impact she's made so far which I also really like about her. She's just plain old Susan and hasn't gotten carried away.

On a freaky side note, one of my neighbours (the younger sister of the idiotic rude woman who lives next door) looks a splitting double of her (except her hair is more straight - they have it in the same cut). I noticed this when Susan Boyle first appeared on the TV it only took me until this weekend to realise by freaky coincidence my neighbour is called Susan too...*que eerie music* (at least when I mentioned this to my mam she hadn't realised this coincidence either).
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Susan Boyle

Postby spacegirl » Tue May 26, 2009 2:08 pm

i've missed the whole susan boyle phenomenon over here in france but i see it every now and again in the english gossip mags. Although I did turn on the tv the other night and they were doing a whole section on her on a really popular French evening show. And they were actually being very positive and giving lots of compliments on her singing and her attitude! The French! Being nice! I couldn't believe it, she's becoming a worldwide star!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 26, 2009 2:42 pm

spacegirl wrote:she's becoming a worldwide star!

Indeed! She's probably been in more magazines and been on more TV than a lot of celebrities.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Tue May 26, 2009 4:05 pm

I don't know who she is :oops:
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue May 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Shes good, but after the show finishes and she wins it we wont really hear from her again. Why? She isnt blonde, isnt thin, isnt between 18 - 25.. I dont agree with that materialistic way but lets face it, the music industry is just commercial and just as sex sells, so does a pretty face.. :roll:
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 27, 2009 8:50 am

captain_flynn wrote:Shes good, but after the show finishes and she wins it we wont really hear from her again. Why? She isnt blonde, isnt thin, isnt between 18 - 25.. I dont agree with that materialistic way but lets face it, the music industry is just commercial and just as sex sells, so does a pretty face.. :roll:

Sadly that is true!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 27, 2009 8:52 am

RagDoll wrote:I don't know who she is :oops:

The woman from Britains got Talent - she came to the auditions and they all took the P out of her when she said she wants to sing....then she opened her mouth and the judges almost fell off their seats in shock. I think her appeal is because they ruled her out because of the way she looked rather than letting her sing first.

Britains got Talent is probably the only TV I ever watch.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Wed May 27, 2009 8:56 am

I just don't get it really...I mean she's good and everything but people have gone crazy over her! Okay, okay she's not your run of the mill singer...and it was a novelty to hear her sing in the audition, and since then everyone has gone Susan Boyle mad! She didn't sing that well the other night, although I'm 99% certain she's going to win. She's had soooo much media attention.

Also, have you noticed they always put the first act to go through last? They did that last year and it really annoys me. You don't even have to watch the results! I think they do that so as you remember them more and vote more. Conspiracy...tut, tut.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 27, 2009 9:07 am

I did think she was a dead certainty to win...however she got a lot of negative press yesterday. It's unfair how the press manipulate people into thinking things instead of letting us make our own minds up as to if someone is good or not.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed May 27, 2009 9:13 am

Ah right, no wonder I didn't know who she was - I never watch reality TV stuff, it does my head in. Coincidentally, however, I did end up watching it last night because I was around at a friends and she wanted to see it. We spent most of the time laughing at the 'human saxaphone'!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 27, 2009 9:24 am

The "human saxophone" is weird lol.

I like the auditions on the reality shows - I like watching people come on and go "I can sing brill I can" then they sound like a squashed cat singing....it's funny. I only do watch Britains got Talent (and X-Factor) because my mam and bf love it.

On about reality TV - I was at work in a supermarket years ago and some student guy said to me "do you watch Big Brother?" I said no, he then told me "I needed to get out and get a life, it's great". I don't object to people watching it; I used to watch it live when I was doing revision (I never got addicted so it was easy to ignore it and do revision), just I don't agree with people who don't watch it saying people who do are stupid or people who do watch it saying I have no life because I don't watch it...each to their own.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:29 am

haha "you need to get a life, watch more tv". I'd see that as the opposite of "getting a life"
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Weasley » Wed May 27, 2009 9:30 am

I'm not a huge fan of reality TV, I do like shows like X Factor and Britains Got Talent is okay..
I've never watched Big Brother and don't think I could bring myself to do so. I mean, some people may like it but I can't think of anything worse than watching 10 people brush their teeth, sunbathe in the garden and argue with each other. There are even some people that watch them sleep at night! I've been told the same Dipsy...that I have no life because I don't watch it. No actually, I have a life because I don't watch it! Each to their own I guess...

That Human Saxophone sounded more like Donald Duck. It was terrible. I really like that Stavros Flatley. I thought they were super funny! I don't really have a favorite though, I don't really care who wins...
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 27, 2009 9:40 am

I liked the first dance act to go through "diversity". I don't have a favourite; I like them all to be honest. I do think it would be hilarious if Stavros Flately did win. I was saying last night that they are funny but I can't actually put my finger on why they are funny. I think it's because the son is literally a mini version of his dad, and you can see that they are really close, and they actually have fun and enjoy it rather than being forced into doing it.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Sun May 31, 2009 7:24 pm

I think she's incredibly overrated.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Next

Return to Chit Chat