Susan Boyle

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Susan Boyle

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:31 am

Bel Bel wrote:I reckon the guy who played the instrument is more likely to get some kind of career out of it than anybody else

lilmissespana wrote:He might make one covers album that will be played in Clintons or lifts but I can't see him having a massive career ahead of him. I also thought he was way overrated, anyone that can play the sax well can produce a tone like that. I do like him as a person, though, and I like it when good things happen to good people so good luck to him.

Both me and my bf thought the sax man was WAY over rated; anyone with enough training can play an instrument well, sax's sound nice especially the straight ones, and having the money to buy such a quality instrument. Instruments are NOT cheap.

I bought a sax around 8 years ago (ok they haven't gone up that much in price) brand new my sax was £800 - it's a relatively unknown make as well. Thankfully it was an ex-trial one so I got it for £400 (bargain :o).

I have a clarinet as well; it was a fairly decent make, although since I got it this make has gone down hill a bit (I'm not concerned about the make to be honest, so long as it works). I've had it for around 13 years (£310 when bought) however whilst 97% of the time it sounds really good, with it being old and a "cheap" model it's starting to get a bit worn out now; when you play one note the whole thing vibrates and makes a really dodgy sound. I unfortunately can't justify buying another one any more.

I also have a flute; I'd always wanted one; I think Netto or one of those cheep shops were getting them in; it was very inepensive (flutes are normally in the region £400-£500 for an average one); I thought I'll get one, try and teach myself it and if I really like it or if I play it all the time then I will buy myself a better one.

The point is to play an instrument it requires a lot of money, and I'm sure there are loads of people out there who can play as well as him; honestly give me a month of solid playing and I'll be as good as him. It's not "that" hard to do once you have the basics.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:34 am

ah well i am tone deaf and can play a few tunes on a recorder but it's all just memory rather than natural ability :(
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Skarlet » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:35 am

I played both flute and clarinet as a child, and my teacher was a lot better then that guy. He was very overrated.

I don't play them now so much, although I keep thinking that I should get them out again.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:43 am

alicat wrote:my teacher was a lot better then that guy. He was very overrated.

Precisely, there are far more people out there that can play better than him...I was amused that he said he was always the "nearly guy" - he always misses out (he said it in the semi final) I jokingly said "thats another thing to his CV - the Nearly won Britains got Talent".

The guy I used to play sax with was in my opinion way better than the man on TV.

Bel Bel wrote: well i am tone deaf and can play a few tunes on a recorder but it's all just memory rather than natural ability

I am tone deaf too, my bf found a recorder at his parents last year and he said he wanted to learn it...I did offer help but he got way too confused with the first 3 notes I told him.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby pinkroses » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I think shes brilliant, i'm glad she went on the show, not only was she a good singer, but she also showed people that appearences can be deceptive and don't judge a book by its cover
pinkroses
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:12 am

pinkroses wrote:but she also showed people that appearences can be deceptive and don't judge a book by its cover

This is why I liked her.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Chit Chat