Susan Boyle

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Susan Boyle

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:04 am

lilmissespana wrote:I think she's incredibly overrated.

She definately is.

I'm pleased Diversity won Britains got Talent (they were me and my bf's favourite - Stavros Flatley were too but in all honesty they weren't going to win).
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby spacegirl » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:58 am

anyone hear about susan boyle being taken to the priory? what on earth?

the poor woman. how on earth are the gossip mags gna spin this one?
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:27 am

I've heard it. Why don't they just leave her alone. It's no ones business but her own (It also applies to all celebrities as well).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 am

I wish they would just leave her alone. The papers were awful to her, and when I saw the final, it looked to me like she was relieved to not win the show. It sells papers though to build people up, and then to tear them down.

I think Diversity were brilliant so was really pleased they won.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 am

alicat wrote:it looked to me like she was relieved to not win the show.

I did think that too; it's a shame for her (no matter how over rated she was or wasn't) - after all we all need to remember she's only plain ol' "Susan" from Scotland rather than some super famous star. As they said the other day she's been thrown into the spotlight, and it's only been 7 weeks; I'd imagine it's hard to deal with the pressure of the show, the excitement of getting on the show, the good press, the bad press the general thrust into fame.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:47 am

Yeh, I agree it is a shame for her, the publicity over her was more a hindrance then a help. Its ridiculous how the press treated her- I do feel that she should have been looked after more by the producers. I think they wanted all the publicity- wasn't bad for the ratings, but they didn't care about how it was affecting her. She isn't a normal lady, (I mean that nicely) and she needed proper care.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:06 am

alicat wrote:and she needed proper care.

Indeed she did; the only "care" I saw them give her was, Piers Morgan defending her on the internet (also it will have been in the papers).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:20 pm

The red tops just LOVE to build someone up from an underdog ... and then they like to knock them off the pedestal they made for them. It's so cruel. I feel for Susan Boyle - I don't think she was amazing (nice voice, nice lady, but not a superstar) - she was plucked from obscurity and then a MASSIVE fuss was made worldwide, which she didn't ask for. I'd personally have been surprised if she didn't end up in somewhere like the Priory - imagine leading a relatively quiet and solitary life, you take one shot and then bang! Worldwide fame. I know she chose to audition but she can't have predicted this. I hope she gets better soon and that the red tops stay away from her.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby LME79 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm

alicat wrote:Yeh, I agree it is a shame for her, the publicity over her was more a hindrance then a help. Its ridiculous how the press treated her- I do feel that she should have been looked after more by the producers. I think they wanted all the publicity- wasn't bad for the ratings, but they didn't care about how it was affecting her. She isn't a normal lady, (I mean that nicely) and she needed proper care.

Yup, the show wanted the ratings and the tabloids knew that her story would sell papers. Evil, really.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby xgemma86x » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm really sorry if I offend anyone here but I think she's way overrated and am glad she didn't win. Granted she's got mental disabilities but her stroppy attitude aint gonna make her go far if she carries on the way she is :(
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:55 am

I'm pleased Diversity won :) although I would have really likes Stavros Flately to have won!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:50 pm

The trouble is her 'stroppy attitude' has been spread about by the redtops, and I am loathe to believe them. She isn't the best singer in the world, but she is a good singer, and its not like she made them write everything about her. She was completely out of control of everything, and I think even the best person would get stroppy and angry about it.

I was rooting for Diversity, I really liked them and their act.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:05 pm

alicat wrote:I was rooting for Diversity, I really liked them and their act.

I liked them from their first audition; I didn't like flawless as much, in their first audition they just danced - they danced well...in their semi-final they "coppied" diversity and did dance, funny and track changes. I thought they just coppied and I didn't like it; if they'd danced like in their first audition I think I'd have liked them more.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:14 pm

i haven't really watched all that much but even though they have won how long do you think any of them will have a career out of it
I reckon the guy who played the instrument is more likely to get some kind of career out of it than anybody else
They will all be enjoyable for a bit but it will wear off
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby LME79 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Bel Bel wrote:i haven't really watched all that much but even though they have won how long do you think any of them will have a career out of it
I reckon the guy who played the instrument is more likely to get some kind of career out of it than anybody else
They will all be enjoyable for a bit but it will wear off

He might make one covers album that will be played in Clintons or lifts but I can't see him having a massive career ahead of him. I also thought he was way overrated, anyone that can play the sax well can produce a tone like that. I do like him as a person, though, and I like it when good things happen to good people so good luck to him.

I think Diversity will do alright, there might be a call for a dance group like that to dance in instrumental music videos or something ... George Sampson and Paul Potts are still going strong, so we'll see!
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat