holidays

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

holidays

Postby spacegirl » Tue May 26, 2009 5:27 pm

anyone ever been to bulgaria or cyprus? i wanna book a last min hol and these are the only 2 places on the dates i have to go. what do u reckon?
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: holidays

Postby captainf » Tue May 26, 2009 10:11 pm

I dont know much about Bulgaria. My uncle went to Cyprus though and had a great time. Mind you, it was about 15yrs ago but sometimes he still mentions it so it must of left an impression.

Have a great time wherever you go.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 am

I went to bulgaria when I was like 5 (so almost 20 years ago); my parents would never ever ever go back. Although a friend of mine went last year and she LOVED it.

I think Cyprus is said to be expensive; bulgaria won't be in the euro (correct me if I'm wrong) so it will be cheaper.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kerrie24 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:37 am

Bulgaria is still very cheap although its getting more 'touristy' now.my cousin has a house there,next to sunny beach,they go for about 8 weeks a year and love it.A friend of mine just got back from cyprus and she says it was lovely,and the weather is lush at the minute.Any holiday should be fantastic,go book!lol
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby spacegirl » Wed May 27, 2009 5:28 pm

ended up booking cyprus yay!!! i get paid in euro so i'm not worried, all i'm looking to do is eat and sunbathe :D
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 28, 2009 8:26 am

ooooh when do you go? Do you have any links to the hotel/apartments/resort? (just to fuel the jealousy)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 28, 2009 4:17 pm

cyprus is lovely - good choice
it will be very hot
what part will you be going to?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby spacegirl » Thu May 28, 2009 4:21 pm

going the last weekend of june, to be honest all i know is cyprus. didn't pay much attention to resort, hotel etc lol. i'll look it up later and post it on to make you all jealous haha

anyone else getting away this summer?
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Thu May 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Wonderful! I hope you have a great time.
The only place I ever really go is London to visit dad, so i'll probs go there soon.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 29, 2009 8:42 am

spacegirl wrote:anyone else getting away this summer?

Yea, I started another thread, but I think with a title like "holidays" yours is probably more obvious :)

I'm off to Lanzarote on the 2nd July for 2 weeks :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 29, 2009 11:20 am

It will be really hot in July dipsy 8) 8)

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 29, 2009 11:52 am

I know :D; however we are going to the 'windy area of the island'. My dad winges about the heat, so we pick windy spots; my parents went a few years ago, so I'm going to the same hotel on their recommendation.

Last year I went to Majorca and my parents were there for 2 weeks and me and my bf for one wee, I came back with a better than than my mam who sits in the sun most of the day...I sat in the shade and came back a lovely colour...my bf is "scared" of the sun he once said "I play on the computer therefore the sun will burn me" - because the sun dislikes computer geeks therefore burns them?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby spacegirl » Fri May 29, 2009 12:41 pm

haha i love that logic! where on earth did he come up with that?

I can't wait to go on holidays, i better get the johnson's holiday sun out before i go though, i don't want to blind everyone with the glare of the sun off my white skin!

windy is good, you always seem to get a better colour when there's a bit of wind, probably because when it's too hot it's impossible to stay out too long. i love the heat but i'm not a hardcore tanner like you see on holidays. those women that get up at 6am and don't leave til the sun goes down!
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 29, 2009 1:51 pm

spacegirl wrote:haha i love that logic! where on earth did he come up with that?

goodness knows, he's adament it's true though...just like we had a conversation that "pizza is healthy for you" - no amount of me saying it's unhealthy was ever going to get him to say it was unhealthy. So now I keep bringing it up to make him laugh.

spacegirl wrote: i don't want to blind everyone with the glare of the sun off my white skin!

:rofl:

spacegirl wrote:windy is good, you always seem to get a better colour when there's a bit of wind, probably because when it's too hot it's impossible to stay out too long.

I think it's because you don't feel the heat as much; my only downside to windy spots is I'm always cold (here), so when I come out of the pool I freeze.

Lol on a side note; it just reminded me with the pizza thing I wrote; I was discussing postcodes with the guy I sit with at work...he said the closer into the city you are the less number wise your post code is...I.e. the city is 1 and then the surrounding areas increase in number...whilst he's probably 90% correct; I won the "discussion" - I used to live in a place called Blyth which is about 30miles North(ish) of Newcastle, and I also used to live in a place called Wallsend - about 6miles east of Newcastle. Wallsend is where Hadirans Wall ends (Walls end - I had to explain it to my bf); anyway the postcode for Blyth is NE24 and for Wallsend NE28; so I said that the theory is obvioulsy wrong; then he said that it's obvioulsy because Blyth was established before Wallsend (I don't actually know what Blyth is - it does have pit houses; but it's a fairly modern place)....my clincher on the "discussion" which made the WHOLE office laugh was..."So Blyth was built and established BEFORE Hadrian the Roman built his wall there?" - he then agreed that maybe Wallsend was there first. (I suppose you had to be there but it was funny at least).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 29, 2009 4:01 pm

lol that story made me laugh - what a wally

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Chit Chat