Sick Days...

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Sick Days...

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:02 am

I always went to work sick, we were told if we were ill we shouldn't come into work (I worked on the tills)...Good morning, would you ACHOOOOOOOO like a hand with your packing achooooooooooooo...it doesn't go down well. I worked for Morrisons and one winter they didn't put heating on, the customers were complaining it was so cold...Morrisons said the boiler was broken, but head office control the temperature of the store (in Yorkshire somewhere). It was soo cold for a couple of weeks; I was working on customer services right next to the OPEN doors in winter, I had 3 jackets on I was still so cold and looked like the Michellin man...One woman on the checkouts said if you don't put the heating on the entire checkout staff are walking outside...(shop floor staff were allowed to walk around and go upstairs for a warm)...SHOCK HORROR the "broken" boiler was fixed and we had heating.

Anyway the shop was always either FAR too cold or hot; especially if you were on one of the end tills, it was next to the freezers, next to an open door - great in winter :-? !
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 am

captain_flynn wrote:I'm so glad I never crashed my plane during my time working there . . .

:o

Erm, Captain, tell me again that flying is safe, please . . .
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Yes, its safe ;) I was just being ironic.. Please fly, I need you all to fly so that the airline pilot jobs are still available when im ready to join them in the future. :D

Dipsy, yeah I was at safeway during the early transition to morrison period. Such a cold place. For a time I worked nights during the winter and that was awful.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:49 am

captain_flynn wrote:Dipsy, yeah I was at safeway during the early transition to morrison period. Such a cold place. For a time I worked nights during the winter and that was awful.

Me too, except I was always at Morrisons.

captain_flynn wrote:Please fly, I need you all to fly so that the airline pilot jobs are still available when im ready to join them in the future.

You can always have a job flying me to somewhere nice :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Aww you're so kind ;) :D
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:58 am

captain_flynn wrote:Aww you're so kind ;) :D

Lol :D
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby m_m » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:32 am

Serendipity wrote:Anybody watch the apprentice final?

I watched it last night, I thought Kate should have won! I was so shocked when he picked Yasmina.
Last edited by m_m on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Chit Chat