sunshineeee

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: sunshineeee

Postby mattmxl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Picked the single worst time to try and give up drinking didn't I, just when the weather conditions are very rare perfection for a spell in a beer garden and a cold crisp drink in your hand, lol. Pity its going to grow cooler towards the end of the week, although with as hot as its been very recently some might say thats no bad think. Just hope it doesn't cloud over for long, we don't get enough weather like that and its been glorious.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 pm

mattmxl wrote: Just hope it doesn't cloud over for long, we don't get enough weather like that and its been glorious.

Too right!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:02 pm

mattmxl wrote:Pity its going to grow cooler towards the end of the week

It's already started to cloud in this afternoon :(
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby mattmxl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:15 pm

True it has, just looked out the window now and there are distinctly more clouds about than there were this morning. I wouldn't mind it going a little bit cooler myself, just not dull at the same time, although I'm probably asking for too much there, lol.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:53 am

mattmxl wrote:True it has, just looked out the window now and there are distinctly more clouds about than there were this morning. I wouldn't mind it going a little bit cooler myself, just not dull at the same time, although I'm probably asking for too much there, lol.

According to yesterdays weather it said we here had an 8 degree drop in the afternoon which was a shock (apparently). My car thermometer was 10degrees coolder than it has been for a long time, we have a small thermometer which we take on holidays and it's been in the kitchen and it still said the same temperature as it has for about a week.

It was a bit colder this morning here, but it's still blue sky (with clouds).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 am

cloudy but the sky is bright here
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 am

I'm really cold today, I am considering putting my coat on...we have arctic air con blowing.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby mattmxl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:we have arctic air con blowing.

Has nobody told them the heatwave for this summer is over yet? lol
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:10 pm

yes it's all snow and ice for the next year now :lol: :lol:
actually aircon costs a lot to run so perhaps you could put forward an enviromental and money saving suggestion so that you can trick them into getting you warm
Warning: may back fire if we really do get a long hot summer :P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:20 am

Bel Bel wrote:actually aircon costs a lot to run so perhaps you could put forward an enviromental and money saving suggestion so that you can trick them into getting you warm

They don't put the air con on ALL the time thanlfully - only when it gets stuffy; our office seems to have stagnant air.

I doubt they'd be concerned with the environmental impact since we work in one of the most polluting industries going.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby mattmxl » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 am

The office I have has the air con control unit on the wall, so any tom dick and harry can change it to their preferences. Fortunately I only share the office with one other fella, so it isn't something we fall out about. I seem to like the cold better than warm thgouh cause I just have it set to 17ºC the entire time and people complain its like a fridge!
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:03 am

We are an open plan office...the problem is one man used to come in and turn it on to FREEZING, and if someone turned it up or we put coats and scarfs on he'd winge. He had the cheek to say to me if you are cold wear a jumper...I ALWAYS have a jumper on or one with me. I ONCE forgot a cardi for work in the summer so I froze all day - I sit next to a window but because the majority of the office want it open, I opened it and I suffered the cold. However HE thought he ruled the world - no matter what you have done he's done it better; or he has an opinion on your stuff. Thankfully he's moved downstairs now; the new upstairs team like it to be warmer...the problem is being next to the window it's a bit colder even when the window is closed (I've tried other peoples seats when my computer was broken and theres were so much more warmer) and the air con blows on the back of my head all day...Now the upstairs office had come to a rule on a temperature that everyone is happy with, some are too cold, some are too warm but generally it's a lovely temperature.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 am

It is FREEZING in our office today.

We work in a building with no opening windows (ridiculous design) so the air con is on all the time. I sit next to the window where the air con vents are and there's a torrent of cold air coming out of them at the moment. I know it's summer, but it's not even hot today! Besides, they still pump cold air out of those vents in winter-time.

It's like they're trying to make us ill! It's almost like being on an aeroplane all the time with the constantly recycled air (and indeed bugs/germs) and the temperature is never right :(
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Ours is quite warm today, we have no air con on. Plus we've just had a 2.5 hour meeting next door (we don't have a room big enough) and it was boiling in there; I even took my coat off lol.

On our air con there is an option to only blow cold air out, or only hot air...you should see if you can accidentally change those setting to hot air only.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Good idea, but unfortunately our heating/air con is centrally controlled - I work for a pretty big company (with 1000s of employees)
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat