Santa Claus

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Santa Claus

Postby Weasley » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm totally embarrassed to say I believed in Santa until I was about 12 and I got over here. Christmas back home was such a big event and it was a big thing to believe in Santa. I found out when I was in assembly at high school and the teacher said something like "...and when Father Christmas comes and put the presents under the tree...but we all know he's not real!"
I was devastated! So I went home and told my mom. She was soooo angry she actually made a complaint to the school. Their response was children of the age of 12 really shouldn't still believe in Santa. Christmas has never had the same magic for me since! It has been ruined!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:07 pm

OMG how mean of the school.

I don't see the problem in believing; when people are old enough then people will start to question and think about it themselves.

A very belated :grouphug: to a 12 year old Weasley.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby liberalleague » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:49 pm

I had a friend at school that believed in Santa until she was about twelve too. Me on the hand, I never believed in Santa, not that my parents didn't try! But I think it's nice for a kid to believe in - like the Toothfairy too!
liberalleague
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby peecee » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:16 am

Nooooooo - not the tooth fairy too...? :cry: Next, you'll be telling me that there's no such thing as fairies at the bottom of my garden... :o

Snail, my ex's parents sound the same as yours - they always told him that Santa Claus wasn't real, because they thought it was wrong to "lie" to children. He was the most dysfunctional bloke I've ever been out with, though!

Kids need magic; they're going to find out eventually, but how many of us have been damaged by our parents (like billions of parents) telling us about Santa Claus? Ever stopped to think that our parents still believe in him...? :P

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snail » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:10 am

No, Pee, my parents told me he did exist - it was my little analytical mind that thought about it and rejected it as patently untrue.

I suppose my parents might still believe in him - that's a scary thought :-k
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:53 am

peecee wrote:Nooooooo - not the tooth fairy too...? Next, you'll be telling me that there's no such thing as fairies at the bottom of my garden...

Nooooo peecee, the toothfairy and faries at the bottom of the garden definately do exist. I had a friends son searching with me for ages for faries at the bottom of my garden last year - he was being a destructive terror in the house, so I told him the fairies only came out if people were good and only good boys could see them hehehe.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:01 am

snail wrote:No, Pee, my parents told me he did exist - it was my little analytical mind that thought about it and rejected it as patently untrue.

I suppose my parents might still believe in him - that's a scary thought :-k

My daughter did that about god but she insisted santa was real. I think I made the mistake of buying presents from me and presents from santa, she did hang it out for two years after she knew he wasn't real anymore :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby babydee86 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:13 pm

the magic of christmas was NEVER the same once a boy at school told me (and so mum had to explain....in case i got bullied.... i nearly punched him when he told me and so he picked on me!! LOL) but as soon as we told my younger brother....it really was all over :(
i still LOVE chritmas but defo not the same special feeling is it?!
i want my kids to believe for as long as possible, without getting picked on or anything
its not where i've been.....its where i'm about to go
babydee86
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby pinkroses » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47 pm

I have a 4 year old son and he believes in Santa, even though I think he caught a glimpse of one of his presents about a week before Santa was supposed to have arrived. I like the idea that he still believes in Santa and the tooth fairy, and I hope that he does for a while.
pinkroses
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:34 am

pinkroses wrote:even though I think he caught a glimpse of one of his presents about a week before Santa was supposed to have arrived

My mam used to say that sometimes when Santa was busy she'd buy some presents as well and send them off to Santa.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 am

Kids are getting far too young now when they been told Santa doesn't exist! It's totally crazy! Christmas isn't Christmas without him - it spoils the magic when you find out he's not real. Okay, you can't expect your kid to believe in him forever but come on! There are parents out there telling there kids when they are like 3 he's not real! Let your kids be kids! They are in no rush to grow up! It's magical. Even though I know he's not real I like to pretend he is...I think it's cute when kids still believe! It brings some of that magic back for me too.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby all_apologies » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 am

I remember at 7 pretending I still believed in Santa for my parents' sake... that's a little bit twisted really! I remember feeling bad for them when they'd talk about Santa coming that I'd just go along with it even though I'd known for however long that it wasn't real.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brfc » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:49 pm

christmas???? christmas???? im thinking beaches sea sand ummm yellow thing in sky (now whats the name of it hmmmm) anyway and were talking the big red fella???? too early!!! tooooo earrrrlllyyy!!! :P
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:38 pm

He does exist, hes brfc. If I remember correctly I had to do his job for him in my plane last year ;)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby brfc » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:49 pm

captain_flynn wrote:He does exist, hes brfc. If I remember correctly I had to do his job for him in my plane last year ;)

yes i remember that captain! my sleigh was so full of toys the reindeers wouldnt take off. so i loaded the leftover presents on to the captains plane and he helped me deliver them. very kind chap he is! :D :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat