Flying and general travel!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Flying and general travel!

Postby peecee » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:46 pm

Peecee puts head round door.

Puts head back again...
8-[

PPers hear a muffled voice shout from the safety of the kitchen - "I'm just about to put the kettle on - anybody want a cuppa? How about choccy biccies?" :)
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:22 am

No worries peecee. It was just a difference of opinion on the subject. No real problem.
Some members like me, others dont, thats absolutely fine and theres no reason why we can't all post happily..

Anyway to go back to topic..

BA's not doing so well..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8177647.stm

I've never personally been a fan of BA, they've retired concorde, the B757's are going at the end of the summer season etc. It wouldnt bother me if they went bust. I would however feel pretty sorry for their employees though.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:34 am

I really like flying with BA, from a passenger point of view. Obviously.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby captainf » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:47 pm

I may of asked before but can't remember, what class did you travel in LME?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:34 am

Economy for BA. Quite comfortable as far as economy goes, too - I've got quite long legs and some economy class planes means that I end up with my knees touching my ears. That's an exaggeration obviously, but you catch my drift. When I go on honeymoon (when the time comes) I want to fly with Virgin. A few of my friends have flown long haul with Virgin, and one has worked for Virgin as cabin crew, and I've heard nothing but good things in terms of comfort and staff attitude. I mean comfort in the sense of leg room and seats, not films and tetris in the back of the chair in front.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby captainf » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Yeah Virgin are good. A friend of mine took his terminally ill son to America on Virgin and they were great.
Thats who I want to fly for.
Hopefully you wont have to wait too long for your Virgin Atlantic flight.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:05 am

snail wrote:
dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:Without stepping into an argument, Ragdoll didn't say flying and driving were the same. She just said she didn't know if they were as far apart as Flynn was saying.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

captain_flynn wrote:I have no problem with agreeing to disagree here,

Bah! You've already sorted it out. You lot are no fun [-(

Oi Ms new Mod lol, that is no way to behave with your new powers hehe. We'll start another fight for you :D
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:10 am

LME79 wrote:I've got quite long legs and some economy class planes means that I end up with my knees touching my ears. That's an exaggeration obviously, but you catch my drift.

Me too so I know where you are coming from. I wish they'd put an extra inch or so in. Extra leg room seats on Thomson were £50 PER PERSON. My new theory is I should check in last as surely they'll allocate those seats last as they won't give them for free when they are wanting people to pay loads for them.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
snail wrote:
dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:Without stepping into an argument, Ragdoll didn't say flying and driving were the same. She just said she didn't know if they were as far apart as Flynn was saying.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

captain_flynn wrote:I have no problem with agreeing to disagree here,

Bah! You've already sorted it out. You lot are no fun [-(

Oi Ms new Mod lol, that is no way to behave with your new powers hehe. We'll start another fight for you :D

:oops: I just thought it was funny, and might make the members stop and think a bit.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Snail. Don't panic. Dipsy is offering to start a brand new fight JUST for YOU!!! :P

How much of an honour is THAT, hun??? :rofl:
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:00 pm

peecee wrote:How much of an honour is THAT, hun???

See :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:30 am

Dipsy I think the seats with more leg room can be prebooked. Sometimes they are used for people with special needs too and are definitely prebooked for that kind of use.
Sadly economy is normally packed with little leg room - but thats where airlines make their money - less legroom = more seats = more passengers.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:18 am

captainf wrote:Dipsy I think the seats with more leg room can be prebooked. Sometimes they are used for people with special needs too and are definitely prebooked for that kind of use.
Sadly economy is normally packed with little leg room - but thats where airlines make their money - less legroom = more seats = more passengers.

I think you can request but it's not guaranteed, obviously depending on airline/travel agent.

That's another travel question actually - I rarely use travel agents now unless I see a REALLY good offer - when you go abroad, do you tend to use sites like lastminute/expedia or do you book everything separately? For our first holiday last year we booked flights with Ryanair and booked a self catering via another website. Worked out to just under £200pp for seven nights which was quite good, we thought. We did an all inc for our second holiday via expedia and that came to about £400pp but then we didn't have to pay for food or drink the whole time. Man, I miss being abroad.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 am

captainf wrote:Dipsy I think the seats with more leg room can be prebooked

They can, but it's still £50 per pre-booked seat with Thomsons.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:38 am

I generally book them through a travel agents because I hate waiting until the last minute to sort something out; plus my bf is useless with money so I try to get them booked early so he can pay a bit each month when he gets paid. I also like booking a 'package' because it saves me having to worry about getting from/to the airport; transfers were 15 euro each, this year...if we'd gotten a taxi it would have cost somewhat the same.

My mam and me went to Fuenguerola last year and we were thinking of perhaps going back there; but we'd book it all separately; since the train runs straight from the airport to about a 5min walk away from the hotel we stayed in.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat