Nudism

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Nudism

Postby Psi » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Hey all

5 years ago on our honeymoon, my wife and I inadvertantly found ourselves on a nuist beach - we turned up early although the beach was huge and there were only about 10 or so people on it - as people arrived we realised they were all going naked and it slowly dawned on us. Well, we thought hey ho and it was such a gorgeous beach that we stayed there and in the end I decided to try it myself! After an hr or so my wife thought what the hell too and gave it a go too. We both felt a bit silly at first but eventually enjoyed it - swimming naked is something else! Also, not sitting in soggy old shorts and cossies was a real bonus!

Has anyone else ever tried it too? We have only been back to a nude beach once since - in France - and again it was no big deal and quite natural. Would love to hear other people's thoughts.

Psi x
Psi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Nudism

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Hey good for you I say,I personally wouldnt have the guts,I have too many body hang-ups and wouldnt be able to sit there with a straight face(call me immature if you want lol).
I have seen shows about it and it doesnt seem to bother the nudists,fat or thin whatever but I dont think I could sit and have a conversation with somebody i didnt know when we were both sitting in our birthday suits.And I imagine the sand would get everywhere! :lol:
But if you have the confidence I think thats great.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:45 pm

At least nudist beaches don't say must wear birthday suit. I've never tried it.

I suppose the nudist's way is good because they say "appreciate" your body no matter what the shape or size in it's true beauty - which is what it should be.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:02 pm

I've never tried it and wouldn't really want to. I'm not a prude, but I wouldn't want my whole body on show. I have sun-bathed topless abroad (where I'm not going to know anyone and loads of people do it), but that's as far as I will go.

Why do all your posts seem to be about body parts Psi? lol :P
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Personally I don't like my body so I wouldn't want to put it on show for others either.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:20 pm

I think it's a great idea for those who have the self confidence to do it. I'd like to be able to do it but unfortunately I just wouldn't like other people looking at my 'bits' lol.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:38 pm

For me it's not just about feeling uncomfortable (which I would) because of body hang-ups, but also that I really don't want to see other people's intimate body parts, just as I don't want mine to be on show. This is probably going to make me sound like a victorian lol, but I think it's kinda nice that only my boyfriend gets to see me in that way and vice versa.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:41 pm

yeah i dont think I'd like being on a nudist beach... it's strange because I’d generally consider myself to be quite liberal, but I still find it really embarrassing when you see naked men and women on the beach, or even topless women. When me and my (ex) boyfriend were on holiday we got fairly friendly with this older couple and one day she was sunbathing topless by the pool and came over to talk to me... I didn’t know where to look I was mortified, haha.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

haha thats funny Serendipity.

I dont particularly like being naked! I like my boobs being firmly strapped down, and I dont like not wearing knickers either!!

I'd quite happily walk around in my underwear all day, but naked? ahhghhghghh noooo haha.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:31 am

I wouldn't sunbathe topless because I think by boobs are too small and people would laugh (I know they wouldn't, it's just I think they would) and I've never ever ever liked my other "bits" so I definately wouldn't like them on show.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Psi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi all. Interesting.

To be hionest, no-one really gawps on a nude beach - being on a beautiful beach, hardly anyone on it, just doing your own thing and relaxing, it just isnt sexual at all somehow. I'm not sure why people always link nudity and sex!?! I can quite easily be naked and not be having sex!

Also, its funny we all have such hang ups isnt it? No-one has the perfect body and never will have. For me, the couple of times I have tried it I just thought 'what the hell' and found it felt great - like I say, better than that soggy cossy! The times I have been there was also a whole range of people there- ages, sizes, shapes etc and it brought home to me that the idea of having the perfect body is unattainable - we're gonna have these bodies when we are 40, 60, 80 and what the hell is perfect then!?!? Also, I am not sure why women worry so much about boob size - some guys prefer big, some small and most simply like the girl rather than the tits! Much the same as guys - willy size is pretty much irrelevant isnt it? I say if you fancy it, then try - like most things in life - music, food etc - you never know until you've tried something and going naked on a beach is just the same.

Interesting to hear everyone's opinion though! Oh, and RagDoll - this post isnt about body parts - we all have them and I can't get rid of them....this post was about chilling out, trying new stuff and seeing who else has tried it!

thanks and lots of love,

Psi
x
Psi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby RagDoll » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:08 pm

I think nudity is intrinsically related to sex really. Obviously you're not having sex every time you're naked, but most of the time you're clothed (unless you're Serendipity hehe :D ), so the times you're not are usually related to getting in the shower/bath or having sex! I can see what you're saying though e.g. that nudist beaches don't have a sexual overtone, but I still think being nude is linked to sex.

I was only messing when I said why are all your posts related to body parts - just a light-hearted comment because I've only seen you post about circumcision, pubic hair and now nudist beaches.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:00 pm

I agree with Ragdoll and Rufio - I don't find it comfortable to be naked, for practical reasons (e.g. boob support, not making the furniture wet when Hugh Jackman appears on TV, etc). Plus I like to keep my naked body for my sexual partners, it adds to the specialness.

Not bothered if anyone else wants to do it though, so long as children aren't exposed to it (some psychologists seem to think it could cause anxiety in children to see adults naked).
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:19 pm

not making the furniture wet when Hugh Jackman appears on TV, etc

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaa
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:02 pm

After spending time living in Cornwall and seeing all sorts on the beach I couldnt care less what people do.

I personally wouldnt do it. I'll only get naked when I have to eg bath, sex etc.

Although its an interesting thought though that some people happily subject their kids to it and then have an objection to nudity on the tv during daylight hours.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Chit Chat