Ipod

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ipod

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:28 am

I have an Ipod nano (3rd Generation - if it makes any difference)

I am jsut wondering, does anyone know how I can put videos on? If possible could I get a step by step idiots guide as to how to do it (I can't just add them the same way as I can music :().

A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Ipod

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:38 am

I dont know I'm afraid dips, I tried to look it up for you but couldnt find anything useful. Can you definitely put videos on?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:48 am

Yes, it's a video playing one. My dad's friend's daughter put 3 music videos on for me...she said she'd write it down for me how you do it....This was about a year ago, she was reminded, my mam works with miss "I think I'm perfect" who said she'd write it down for her...my mam keeps reminding her but she hasn't done it. I asked the lad I sit with at work as he has the same one as me and he said he has no idea. Everyone else at work doesn't have 'video' ones.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:06 am

I've got an Ipod touch, and what I was told is you have to actually buy the videos from ITunes and then drag them onto your Ipod as you would normally with music. You can't just get any video and pop it on there (which is a pain grr).

I hope I'm wrong but as far as I'm aware, that's how it works.

If you have an Apple shop near you, go onto the Apple website and book an appointment with a 'genius'. If you ever have any problems with your Ipod, or you aren't sure how to do something, they'll sit down with you and sort it out, regardless of when you bought it. They were great with me when I had a problem with my macbook.
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 am

I don't think we have an apple shop but I'll look into it.

I did read online you can convert videos to MP4 and put them on but I wanted to ask a "real" person and not a random site online which said what to do.

Do you pay for the meeting with the apple shop?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LemonJuice87 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 am

I had the same problem, and i managed to get them onto my iPod eventually. But i can't remember for the life of me how i did it.

I do remember you have to convert the video's so they are compatible with your iPod. There's a certain 'folder' as such on iTunes that you drag all the video's into and then sync your iPod. Like you would when you add songs.

I really wish i could remember. =[

I'll have a play around with iTunes this afternoon and see if i get any wiser about it.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:55 am

I sync-ed my I-pod yesterday and LOST all my music; I don't store it on the computer so I lost it. I did change it to manual and it just means if you put new stuff on you simply drag it to the "library".
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat