I think I'm going to explode!!!!!!!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: I think I'm going to explode!!!!!!!

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 am

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was being all nice, saying that woman could have Wednesday off instead of me, as I thought it would be for hospital appointments etc, but she's just said it's so she can take her daughter to her prom!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:58 am

Ruth says:
I cant have my holiday so [Colleague] can take [Daughter] to the prom?
Are you kidding me?

Boss says:
If I'd have known thats what she wanted the day off for, there would never have been an issue!

If you are sick, by the way, who would you call/text/inform at work?

Ruth says:
That is completely unfair Rich, I'm really not happy about the way I'm being treated, I'm having to jump through hoops to keep my job, and Julie can basically do whatever she wants. Why should I cancel my holiday so she can take Amy to prom? I need some time off, I've been incredibly stressed out, and now my 3 relaxing days of have turned into 1 day off, and a funeral.

If I was sick, I'd call you.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 am

Your office sounds utterly ridiculous.

Why didn't your boss ask her why she so desperately wanted the day off before he/whoever else insisted you drop your holiday to accomodate her?

Your boss sounds as ineffective and useless as mine! I didn't think it was possible!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:13 am

It does also sound like your boss is maybe saying one thing to you and one to her, if he was THAT interested in why she urgently needed the day off he'd have asked; especially since it was brought to his attention only yesterday why she kept having 'sick' days, or said "can you have a word with Ruth because she had the day booked in first".
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:18 am

Im so angry, I'm actually shaking.

I just want to cry.

I think I'm gonna quit.

I'd rather be beeping unemployed.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:20 am

Don't quit - I can understand why you feel like doing so, but you'll only regret it once you've calmed down. The best advice I can offer is to keep looking for other jobs and get out of there asap!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:27 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
captain_flynn wrote:explains why she works in morrison at 55yrs old.

I know you aren't dissing all supermarket employees but a lot of people I worked with were intelligent, it just so happened they were mothers...when you have a young kid to look afer supermarkets are pretty flexible for getting short shifts. I also worked with older women who simply liked it because it wasn't much stress, easy job and had short or long shifts to choose from.

I knew someone would post that. I say this with all due respect, I do not need a lecture about this and I understand what you're trying to say. However with the trash I put up with you have to understand that I had many reasons for my lack of respect for them and my departure. I posted maybe 2 or 3 reasons in my last post however there were many more reasons.

Rufio, the people you work with are a joke. I can understand your frustration. I also have to wonder whether your boss is a yes man and agrees with everyone. However it could be that the girls there have you all figured out and rather than booking days off with your boss they go straight to the director without your bosses knowledge of any circumstances. I suppose theres nothing stopping you calling in sick on the days you want off, but I understand you shouldnt have to do that.

Just stick it out, weather the storm. Try not to let the children get on your nerves. By the way things are being run your company will probably go bust anyway but by then you'll probably have a better job elsewhere.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:29 pm

captain_flynn wrote:knew someone would post that. I say this with all due respect, I do not need a lecture about this and I understand what you're trying to say. However with the trash I put up with you have to understand that I had many reasons for my lack of respect for them and my departure. I posted maybe 2 or 3 reasons in my last post however there were many more reasons.

But the point is you said it like it was a fact rather than "I know it's not true for all people but in my circumstances with the people I worked with...they were all idiots".
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:09 pm

I've said it in other topics on here recently, if you have a problem with something i've said rather than diverting the topic of conversation in the thread feel free to PM me and talk to me directly.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 am

I wasn't saying I had a problem with you, I initially stated that what you said wasn't true for everyone; it was just a simple pointing out.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:54 am

The woman I've been complaining about here got her redundancy notice today.

I guess they're keeping me.

I have mixed feelings about it.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 am

Well, at least the person who deserved it most got made redundant, but I still think I'd feel a bit sorry for her really.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:23 pm

It's a shame for the other woman, but then she shouldn't keep taking the micky with work. There are certain boundaries between personal life and job.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:30 pm

I do feel bad for her, but then I also think, "Well screw her, she stabbed me in the back".
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:32 pm

rufio89 wrote:I do feel bad for her, but then I also think, "Well screw her, she stabbed me in the back".

True. Unfortunately life is all about "looking out for number one" and you kept your job and she didn't; at least your "number 1" is safe.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat