Michael Jackson has died?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Michael Jackson has died?

Postby captainf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Just seen a report on the news that Michael Jackson has apparently died? Pretty sad. :(
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Michael Jackson has died?

Postby peecee » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Just watching the news - they still haven't confirmed it, but they're talking about him in the past tense... :(
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Yeah :( Its conflicting info.. one source says hes died and the other says hes in a coma.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Now the news says he has died. How very sad. :(
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:00 am

Yes, it is. He had such a troubled life, it's astonishing how much he achieved in spite of it.
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:22 am

Yeah, I agree peecee. Its really sad that the press just hounded him constantly.

I always liked some of his older songs - Bad, Billie Jean etc

Will seem weird not hearing about any new albums or concerts coming from him anymore.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby whoopsie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 am

I'm in complete shock. Part of me wishes it's a sick publicity stunt.

I went onto his website earlier before it was confirmed and it had his tour dates etc. Just went on it again, and it's been completely stripped of info, just a pic of him. Stuff like that, from an official source, makes it all the more real.

RIP Michael.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby pinkroses » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:35 am

Micahel Jackson and Farah Fawcett on the same day. Just found out about all this early this morning. I think its very sad and i'm still in shock. Part of my feels that the world has had such a loss as he was such a brilliant musician, dancer, and all the work that he tried to do to help others etc. However, part of my feels that at least he will finally get some peace now, because the press really were so harsh about him and what is so sad is that a lot of people stopped remembering that he was this really talented man because of all the other allegations. so RIP Michael.
pinkroses
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby pinkroses » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:37 am

...and Farah
pinkroses
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:05 am

He was such a tragic weird bloke. But i feel a strange sence of relief now he's died. He's at peace, no one can accuse him of anything anymore, the press can't hound him anymore and he doesnt have to be carefull what he does anymore.
I feel for his kids. It's not easy loseing a family member, but loseing your Dad at that age is devestating.

It's weird, me and my Nan were talking about the film Love Story and what Ryan O'neal's character was like in it. Thats when she told me that Farrah Fawcett was his other half. Ryan O'neal has said "I won't know this world without her. It's a love story"
I feel for him. Because my Nan told me that he wanted to marry her when she got well enough. :(
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:29 pm

LemonJuice87 wrote:it's weird, me and my Nan were talking about the film Love Story and what Ryan O'neal's character was like in it. Thats when she told me that Farrah Fawcett was his other half. Ryan O'neal has said "I won't know this world without her. It's a love story"
I feel for him. Because my Nan told me that he wanted to marry her when she got well enough. :(

Yea she FINALLY after 27(?) years agreed to marry him.

I feel sorry for Michael Jacksons kids, they aren't very old and ages ago I remember seeing a documentary on him and his kids and the oldest lad said "we don't have a mammy, only a daddy"...that makes it even more sad. However Michael hasn't been very well for a while now.

RIP everyone

As a bit of a selfish side note, I got birthday presents yesterday (night); first thing on the news was Farrah Fawcett had died and then just when I was finishing opening my presents, Michael Jackson has died, oh no he's been revived, no he's died...It was a joyous occasion.

RIP to both of them.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:42 pm

:cry:
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 pm

I take it you was a big fan snail? :( I hope you're okay.

I've got my local radio station on at the mo, they keep playing Michael Jackson songs today. Good to hear some good classics!

The media had a field day with jackson, just like they did with Princess Diana and many other people. Another reason why I hate the media - cant report on aviation properly, constantly hounding celebrities and twisting words.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Oh, that's so sweet of you, Captain, but not a special fan, really. I just think his life was so much sadder and hard for him than it could have been, and ought to have been, and now it's too late for him to turn it around and be happy :(
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Yeah I agree with you. The media ruined him, twisted his words and made him unhappy. He was an excellent performer and thats what i'll remember him for.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Chit Chat