Whats your opinion?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Whats your opinion?

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 pm

i love a healthy debate lol. there have been quite a few on pp recently!

Haha agreed. And perhaps some overstepping healthy a bit!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:43 pm

rufio89 wrote:
I suppose those who dont smoke and die of lung cancer got it via passive smoking possibly.

There's plenty of other things that can increase your chances of lung cancer...

Quite correct and it was nice that bel bel managed to list a few, however you might also have noticed the word possibly at the end of my post which of course states that there may of been other causes.

however i was just wondering, you said you don't care when you hear on tv that people have died due to smoking or drug abuse, surely you wouldn't be in the same position if it's someone you knew?

Yeah i'd feel sad that it was someone I knew but I would also know they caused it and there would be no denying that fact. However, for the people I do not know, I do not care what happens to them. As for as im concerned they made their choices and they come worst off and its their fault, like you said yourself, they have a 'right' to do things like smoke (though not sure they have the right to do illegal stuff afterall its illegal) so I dont believe I need to care when worst comes to worst for them, its not like they didnt know the risks.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:29 pm

captain_flynn wrote:I seem to recall hearing on tv that they dont want smokers smoking outside now aswell.

I don't mind smokers smoking outside, so long as it doesn't affect me. My dad has taken up smoking for the 3rd time; the only way we said we wouldn't hastle him about it was if he went outside; he can't smoke in public places so he isn't smoking in the house!

Me and my bf were talking about this the other day and he said he thinks they should have smoking and none smoking pubs - my issue was the bar staff will still be breathing it in.

I do object to people who smoke and they block the entrance to a building so you can't get in.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:30 pm

well i kinda like your b/f idea
they can always employ smokers to be bar staff in the smoking pub
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:32 pm

I like the idea in principle, but a lot of my friends smoke so I'd probably have to hang out at the nasty smoker pubs :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:35 pm

rufio89 wrote:I like the idea in principle, but a lot of my friends smoke so I'd probably have to hang out at the nasty smoker pubs :(

Mine too.

I also sit with the smokers at work (not by choice) and I have to smell stale smoke on them all day and then go home and smell my dad's cigars...lovely. Thank god for hayfever blocking my nose!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 pm

rufio89 wrote:I like the idea in principle, but a lot of my friends smoke so I'd probably have to hang out at the nasty smoker pubs :(

Yes thats true for me too. It would be just like the old days before the ban. I think the smoking pubs would get more business because of it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Previous

Return to Chit Chat