Gadgets.

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Gadgets.

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Is there anyone who has a gadget or some electronics that they REALLY want?

I want this sooooooo much:

http://www.johnlewis.com/230575897/Product.aspx
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Gadgets.

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:03 pm

wow I love that
Wonder how much the paper is to replace?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm

A lot, I expect.
I had a polaroid when I was younger, but it was a bit rubbish because you ended up spending a fortune printing rubbish pictures. But this you can decide whether to print or not, which is amazing :)

ah I looked, it's 30 sheets for £6.75.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:15 pm

The camera's memory is 4mb? Isnt the average file under JPEG about 1mb, therefore allowing you to take 4 pics? I'd suggest getting an SD card with it.

Nice camera and idea but i'd still stick with my S8000fd. :D
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:23 pm

I have a normal camera too that's really good, but I like the thought of being able to print pics while I was out. I remember once my friend had a old-style polaroid camera with her on a night out, and we took loads of photos of us with strangers, and got them to write us a message on the back with a marker pen.

She's got the photos of that night somewhere and it's really nice to look back through them :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Aww nice one.
Yeah I used to have one of them camera's too. Very good and way ahead of its time. The digital camera's put an end to them though I think.

It would be nicer if that camera you linked to had more memory, 4mb isnt enough. Although really thats to force you into buying an SD card.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:33 pm

yes and nice to be able to gie a copy to another person who is out with you
always gets forgotten or not done inevitably
I like the idea and £6.75 fro 30 isn't as bad as I would have thought
I agree it's no substitute for a real camera but it's a great idea and i think i might invest if the price comes down in a few months, maybe january sales
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Yeah, but most cameras have a pretty rubbish internal memory dont they? Mine does. Not as bad as 4mb, I think it's 16, but I have several SD cards anyway so it's not mattered :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Indeed they do. 4mb is the worst i've seen though. Although I think thats new technology so that maybe why too.

I have a 1 gig SD card that I can take around 500 pics with. I've never managed to fill it.. haha. :) I only average about 100 - 200 pics per session.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:54 pm

captain_flynn wrote:Indeed they do. 4mb is the worst i've seen though. Although I think thats new technology so that maybe why too.

I have a 1 gig SD card that I can take around 500 pics with. I've never managed to fill it.. haha. :) I only average about 100 - 200 pics per session.

I tend to get snap happy when I am with my camera, I have a 4gig and a 1gig card but I've never managed to fill them both hehe.

I think the digital polaroid defies the object of digital cameras,, my bf does want one though.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:59 pm

Yeah you're right, it probably will pave the way for the future. Although I tend to wait on new technology so that the bugs can be sorted etc.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby spacegirl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:05 pm

I'm saving up to get a really good digital slr as i want to take up photography again, but i love gadgets so there's so much stuff i want lol. Can't beat disposable cameras for nights out and holidays snaps though, i love the good old fashioned surprises you get when u pick up your photos from the chemist :) digital cameras are awful in that embarrassing photos are deleted straight away. Embarrassing photos are the best!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Chit Chat