Your rights to children

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Your rights to children

Postby kerrie24 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:29 pm

I understand where youre coming from.My cousin,i always thought she would come out later in life,i was sure she was gay,just had a feeling.Four years ago she got with a man,had her son and broke up shortly after.Since then,to my knowledge, she has been on her own.But just the other day she finally told everyone she was gay,and always knew she was.I was saying to my partner that i think she knew the only (or easiest) way to have a child was like that so thats why she waited.A womans physical and emotional need to bear children is not affected by which sex they are attracted to,and being gay doesnt make them any worse as mothers.Although I do see snails point of not knowing where you came from aswel.Its a hard one to judge I suppose.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:32 pm

bellajennie wrote:I think that perhaps Spacegirl said everything I wanted to say but much better!
I get so heated about all of this since I had a conversation with a Christian friend who told me I would go to hell for the way I was. I constantly assess my choices and my life, and the question of children is a big one. Perhaps as has been said I should just accept the fact that I'm not meant to have children? But anyone will appreciate that that is not an easy thing to do!

Perhaps this all comes down to the way I personally feel at the moment regarding certain circumstances. In my previous relationship I was with a woman for two and a half years who claimed to be very very gay. We broke up because of a large age gap. She wanted to have a child, and I was still in uni and our lives were too far apart. She is now days away from giving birth to a baby she conceived with a man whom she appears to be in a relationship with, despite the fact she told everyone she was gay.
[Hopefully tried to keep to the point even with that personal digression].

I don't think anything you've said has been off-topic, Bella.

Sorry you've had such an awful time. It must be dreadful seeing your ex having a child with someone else :(

It's funny, posting on PP teaches me a lot about my personal feelings too - I've noticed that some topics provoke a passionate response from me and others don't really bother me.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:55 pm

According to the bible you get to the pearly gates and are asked if you repent your sins

If you get there and there is a god I think you are very likely to repent as will all the rapist, murders etc

So do not let the ramblings of your "friend" be the reason for not doing it

I think the only way to go to hell is if you sell your soul to the devil :evil:. Thats of course if you even believe in heaven and hell
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby peecee » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:28 pm

I don't know if I should PM bellajennie this bit; if anybody wants to fight me over it, I'll reconsider it. :D

I just wanted to add my bit about Christianity (if the new modZ want to tell me for going off-topic, I'll promise to leave ice cream alone for a week as a penance... :^o ). PP doesn't really allow threads about religion or politics, because it always ends in fireworks. :P

But, bella, me darling, your post hit me where it hurts the most. I'm a Catholic - a very bad one!!! - but I believe wholeheartedly in a loving God, and it's helped me through some really major stuff over the last few years, including the death of both my parents, my aunt, my last two uncles and two good friends. Not lightweight stuff. And I can tell you, categorically, that no REAL Christian would dare to tell you you'll go to Hell for anything - a real Christian would tell you that God loves us all, wants the best for us all, wants us to do our best, and doesn't want to throw us away.

So, non-believers, is there anything in that which upsets you? I'm sure there isn't - we're all on here because we want to help each other. And anybody who says anything different can *go to another website* :o

peecee gets off soapbox, and back on topic... O:)
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bellajennie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:23 pm

I think I agree - her actions seemed decidedly unchristian to me. But no doubt there are many denominations of many religions, who indeed have very differing opinions on this matter. For me, I stand by the fact that I aim to live a good life in that I care for my friends and family, I never try to hurt people intentionally and I allow people to be whoever they want to be. I'm not that motivated by religion in that I don't feel I need it at the moment, but that doesn't mean I'm a heathen or anything!!
**Get's back on topic**
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Chit Chat