Fussy with food - yes or no

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Fussy with food - yes or no

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 am

Following on from another thread where dipsy talked about her bread likes and dislikes and then ragdoll joked she was fussy i thought i'd ask if people were fussy with food or not and why?

I am major fussy, examples:

Fish
I only eat fish that doens't taste fishy :lol:

Dairy
Only eat eggs scrambled with ketchup
Hate custard, fresh cream and milk but i LOVE real butter

Meat
Hate pork and lamb.
Will only eat great cuts of steak, chicken breast, wafer thin finest ham that is wilthsire cured and really lean mince beef

Veg
Can't eat any dry beans i.e kidney, butter, broad. Have to pick out the kidney beans from chilli

Takeaways
Hate donor kebabs
Chinese is greasy
Only eat fish and chips from a proper fish and chip shop (i.e not one that doubles up as a chinese or a cafe)
Indian only from two differnet restaurants tried and tested

I am a nightmare or what :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Fussy with food - yes or no

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 am

I don't think I'm too bad, but I know my parents would disagree (because they're not in the slightest bit fussy!).

Things that I don't like are:

- Spicy/hot food
- Goats cheese (YUK YUK YUK!! The thought of it makes me want to be sick lol)
- I'm not a big fan of Sunday dinners, though not to the point where I won't eat it
- The only fish I really eat is trout (and occasionally cod/haddock with batter around it :) ) but I probably like other fish, just haven't been very adventurous!

... if I could get away with it (e.g. if it wasn't so unhealthy) I probably wouldn't eat proper meals, I much prefer 'picky' foods e.g. sandwiches, paninis, bagels.. those kinds of things.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:21 am

Agree goats cheese is like puke and feta isn't much better :sick:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:26 am

I'm not fussy because I like bog standard cut bread.

I do like most foods. I don't particularly like cooked onions or mushrooms but I will eat them. I do NOT like cooked peppers and even then I only like raw green pepper. I'm not a fan of the dark green cabbage. I like garlic but it makes me feel ill so I rarely eat it.

I had goats cheese on holiday and it was LOVELY although it wasn't like the goats cheeses we get here.

I don't like monkfish, or red snapper but all other fishes I have tried I like, I like all meats except ham or gammon etc but I do like wafer thin ham. I like most fruits and vegetables though and I LOVE sprouts when they are in season :oops: .

I don't really like salami BUT I used to love it and ate too much and got ill from it.

I don't like any runny white on eggs (it looks like sperm lol - if you haven't noticed you will now).
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:27 am

Yeh, I remember my ex's mother made us all peppers stuffed with goats cheese one night, which I felt obliged to eat. It was HORRIBLE!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:29 am

Oh I also don't like squid, but I don't mind octopus.

If there is a new food I'm always the first to try it; my bf would never touch anything but now he has to have a little taste and if he doesn't like it fair enough but he CANNOT say he doesn't like it because it looks/smells funny.

My bf said the moment his mam knew she REALLY liked me was when I ate/tried her relatives squid cooked in ink; I said I'll try a little bit, so my bf's dad being shown up by me said he'd have some as well - he'd been saying no for about 25 years. Squid cooked in it's ink is DISGUSTING; it tasted like biro (you know the smell biro gives off, it tasted like that and it was rank).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:34 am

RagDoll wrote:Yeh, I remember my ex's mother made us all peppers stuffed with goats cheese one night, which I felt obliged to eat. It was HORRIBLE!

The thing with goats cheese is it's strong and its an aquired taste. My bf doesn't like cheese unless it's melted. He refused to try the goats cheese on holiday saying "it's disgusting" - he hadn't tried it. He did try it for a wine and cheese session we did and he loved it (stupid boy wouldn't listen to me for the first week saying it was nice).

My dad doesn't like garlic so we never eat it at home and we had chilli with kidney beans in it and he sat and sulked because he had to take them out of his chilli to eat - his motto with me is "just eat it you'll never taste it" or "starving kids, be lucky, eat it" and he SULKED; I mean proper 5 year old sulk. We once were getting a pizza to half between me and my dad, I said how about peperoni and he said no because he didn't like it, I said could he not just pick them off, but apprently he couldn't. So he decided we'd have a mushroom pizza, I said but I don't like mushrooms and he said "pick them off then" - they were UNDER the cheese. It's my dad's rules or he sulks!

I also detest coffee.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:38 am

I was only joking Dips re: you being fussy :-S

I actually love most cheese, I just cannot stand goats cheese. It's awful!

My boyfriend is really fussy with his food. The oddest thing is he won't eat anything he says has a 'weird' texture e.g. moose, porridge, rice pudding, angel delight, brie.. there are others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. There are other things he won't eat either though e.g. he doesn't really eat fruit/veg.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:44 am

Do we share bf's ragdoll. My bf also wont eat things with a wierd texture...like potato, mashed potato etc...yet he'll eat potato croquets...I also accidentally (on purpose) let it slip to his mam that he'd been eating roasties at mine hehehehe. My bf however will eat moose, porridge, etc..he doesn't like brie though.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:50 am

Haha maybe we do!!

He's weird with other things too, e.g. he likes chocolate fudge-cake, but only if it's cold, apparently if it's heated up it has a different texture!! WHAT?! Lol
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 am

RagDoll wrote:He's weird with other things too, e.g. he likes chocolate fudge-cake, but only if it's cold, apparently if it's heated up it has a different texture!! WHAT?! Lol

That is weird. My bf says if the texture is different to what he 'thinks' it should be then he doesn't like it. He tastes with his eyes GRRRRRRRRRRRR.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:56 am

Haha I like the phrase "he tastes with his eyes". I can imagine my boyfriend would be much the same, he won't try things if he thinks they're going to have an odd texture.

My Mum bought 4 little strawberry tarts to have after dinner last night and my boyfriend wouldn't have one "just incase he didn't like it". There was nothing to dislike though - he likes strawberries, pastry and whipped cream and that was all there was to it. Silly boy!!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:06 pm

OOOH I love sproats too
Garlic is one of my favorite foods as is mushromms
I actually get your dad with the peperoni on the pizza as it leaves that taste behind although I don't think mushrooms do, but I might just think that becasue the taste doesn't offend me
Chocolate fudge cake hot with ice cream is great but cold will do
Texture is why i don't like any dry beans i find the texture really furry on my teeth, if that makes sense.
And agree most cheeses are fab except goats and feta

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Bel Bel wrote:actually get your dad with the peperoni on the pizza as it leaves that taste behind although I don't think mushrooms do, but I might just think that becasue the taste doesn't offend me

It does, BUT the base of the pizza was covered in mushrooms, it wasn't one or two which could be peeled off.

Bel Bel wrote:Texture is why i don't like any dry beans i find the texture really furry on my teeth, if that makes sense

I LOVE kidney beans, they are quite tasteless but I really like them.

I don't like marrowfat or mushy peas, although I love garden ones.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kerrie24 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:16 pm

I didnt think I was fussy until I read some of these!
Erm I DONT LIKE:
tomatoes (and ketchup)
pasta (except spag bol)lol
Raw onions
Cauliflower
Anything too spicy
Any meat apart from chicken breast and fillet steak and lean mince
Always order the same meal when we eat out or get a take-away
French fries.I only like nice chunky chips.
Processed rubbish like sausages and burgers!
DO LIKE:everything else
Any other veg,all fruit,chocolate :D I like oranges but cant eat orange flavour things.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Next

Return to Chit Chat