Families

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Families

Postby snail » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:58 am

That sounds interesting, Dips - can you give us some examples of the problems? Maybe in a new thread if there's loads of them.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:01 am

I am an only child. My Mum had me and was happy with what she got so to speak. My Dad on the other hand wanted more untill untill he got a boy to carry on our family name.
But he soon cheered up when he realised I was good fun and a proper little Daddy's girl. Lol. And that i liked most the same things as him, Fishing, F1, Bikes, Computers and Rhodesian Ridgebacks (Which is going to be a new addtion to the LemonJuice family soon yay)
My Dad's Dad died when i was about 5-6 of a stroke. It was quite strange, he should of been teaching me things and it was me that was helping him to write again. It's sad, but it's one of my favourite memories of him.
My Nan, (Dad's Mum) died when i was 13 and it devestated me and still does. I miss her so much. I used to call her Nanny Pub lol. They used to run a pub and to tell my two Nan's apart, she just randomly became Nanny Pub.
I have just a Aunty on my Dad's side, and a step Uncle lol. My Aunties husband died a fair few years ago of cancer, which i don't really remember much of to be honest. They had two kids, a boy and a girl, who are quite abit older than me. I don't see them very often, my one cousin lives in Nottingham and has a very good job, not jealous at all. Lol. And my other cousin doesnt live that far away, but has a very busy job.

My Mum's parents are still alive and kicking, litterally lmao. I sometimes think they have more energy than i do.
I have a Step Brother and Step Sister, Step Bro is 6 months younger than me and my Step Sis is 27, i think lmao. She has a son and a daughter who i love trillions. And currently has another on the way which i cannot wait to meet. Only 9 weeks to go lol.
My Step Dad is great, he makes my Mum happy so i'm happy.
My Nan and Grandpops had two girls. My Mum and my Aunty. My aunty has one child, my cousin. We're more like sisters than cousins, we spent that much time together when we were kids. We have both gorwn up and apart over the last few years. Me going down the Mother route and her going down the Goth route lol.

I have a daughter, from a different relationship. She doesnt see her Dad at all and she's so much better off without him. I actually hate him for abandoning her. But Mr. LemonJuice makes up for it, as far as we're concerned, he is her Dad. Just not biologically.

I think thats it. Thats the LemonJuice family. Lol.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:02 am

Maybe snail, it's a THICK book. The only problems I remember are "What do I do the first time my daughter brings a boyfriend home?" - the answer I seem to remember was funny. It's all very 1930-40s lol
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:06 am

I like Nanny pub, she sounds like an alcoholic granny haha.

People always said to me being an only child must be lonely...Lemonjuice had her cousin. My mam was an only child and she had her cousin who is about 6 months younger than her...(we are the poor relatives...My mam's cousin is Michael Carricks Mother-in-Law [he plays for Manchester United)...Ironically my mam's cousin has 2 kids, one married Michael Carrick and the other plays in a band...The one who plays in a band is best friends of the other half of my works team...we only found out after he was here about a year and he was telling someone else he was playing football with Michael Carricks brother-in-law...we put 2 and 2 together then haha.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 pm

captainf wrote:My grandad passed away at 60 after suffing from Goodpasture's (A very nasty illness) :(

Goodpastures makes you think of such nice things - what an odd name for such a horrible illness :o
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Claim to fame

My hubby is related to Cliff Richard but he has never met him :-?

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 pm

We should start a claim to fame thread...

My claims to fame are...

I went to school with Cheryl Tweedy (she was in the year above) but she visited my house on the day we moved in...to see her uncle who was helping us move. Her cousin almost knocked me down on Wednesday in her open topped mini. My dad works with her uncle.

Michael Carrick is a family member (distant and only through marriage).

We are apparently related to Sir Rider Haggard on my dad's side. My dad's aunty who remembered everything said so and told us the relation but none of us remember it.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Bel Bel wrote:
captainf wrote:My grandad passed away at 60 after suffing from Goodpasture's (A very nasty illness) :(

Goodpastures makes you think of such nice things - what an odd name for such a horrible illness :o

Yeah, its named after the guy who did a study on it. Its a horrible and rare illness! It mainly attacked my grandads kidney's so he was having dialysis every day. At one point he made such good progress they was saying that when he comes home he'll have to only go back once a week for dialysis, then a month or so later he passed away. The medication he had to have while in hospital 2 weeks from him passing away made him hallucinate - like 2 cups on a table would look like a figure of Laurel and Hardy. I used to sit there explaining that to him and he'd say 'oh okay' I think he understood and believed me because we had always been really close. I used to take in some of my matchbox aeroplanes and see if he still knew what airline/type they were and he always got them right. He was in hammersmith hospital with a window view and always pointed out to me the planes starting their descent into heathrow. I always believed he'd come home - mum said after the nurses stopped kids visiting, meaning I couldnt see him, he sort of gave up. When he died I died inside because he was like my dad as I had spent all my life growing up with him and we were inseparable.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Ah thats so sad captianf. At least you'll be making him proud with your flying.

Dipsy good idea start that thread on claim to fame

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:19 am

Yeah I hope so. A shame he never got to come flying with me though.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Chit Chat