Missing someone

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Missing someone

Postby highlandcow » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Hello all

Does anyone have any tips on what to do when you're really missing someone? What do you do when you just feel so empty inside and time just drags without them? :( :( :(

Does anyone have anything special they do when they experience this?

Cheers.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Missing someone

Postby rufio89 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:00 pm

In my experience the best thing to do is to keep busy - make sure theres something you can look forward to every day, even if it's just a nice bath or a nice dinner - watch lots of films I can lose myself in, read books, see my friends, see my Mum... basically just try to keep my mind off them as much as possible, and if i do think about them, think about nice things we can do next time I see them, make plans for things the two of you can do together when you see him.

How long till you see him?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:02 pm

I agree with Rufio's suggestions, best thing to do is to keep busy. Is there anything you could do to use this time apart productively? Is there anything you've always wanted to do, but just haven't had the time? Perhaps this is your chance? Having something to focus on will help
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Hiya!

Thanks for responding, I swear I'm going mad at the moment. ](*,)

I'm trying really hard to kep busy, it's just so hard. I just don't have the will to do anything, which is not like me.
I had all these plans to get things done while he was gone (trying to finally pass the driving test at last for one) but now that he has been gone a month, I haven't got anything done, as I just can't find the energy.

rufio89 wrote:How long till you see him?

He says he'll be back in March. Hopefully sooner. The thought of going through over another month of this is really getting me down..... :cry:
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 pm

ill post a proper reply in the morning, but in the meanwhile, that cow has awesome hair xxx
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:35 pm

rufio89 wrote:that cow has awesome hair

I know! Cracks me up everytime I log on. :lol: :P :D xx

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:52 pm

I dont know. I try my best not to get too close to people so I dont feel this way but when I do fail and someone manages to find their way into my heart in such a way I normally do things i've been meaning to do. So like if I havent played my DS for ages then I do that. Go for walks and things like that. A short walk each day helps pass the time. Just things like that really.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Aurelie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 am

Hi Highlandcow,

I can imagine how you feel :(

Easier said than done, but definitely keep busy as everyone is suggesting. I think I would get a calender and try to organise at least one activity for everyday, so you can look at it and know there will be a point to everyday until he returns! You've already done a month - over half way now!

Good luck with the driving!
Aurelie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby highlandcow » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for these, this is all good. At LAST I have a date to work towards. He is back on 14th March, a few days before my birthday! :D So that helps, I can tick off the days and can organsise things for while he has gone.

So just over a month to go now......

:D

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Thats great to have a date to work to. Not long now :)
2 days before your partner comes home, the girl I like goes to visit her friends in Switzerland for 2 weeks.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:35 pm

captainf wrote:Thats great to have a date to work to. Not long now

Yeah, tell me about it! :D It does feel lot better to have a date to look forward to.
Things are getting a bit easier now. He's been out there for nearly 2 months, and to be honest, we've agreed that we've actually got closer during that time.
We've ben talking on the phone every day for the last week rather than a few times a week, sometimes more than once. :P

I'm still really missing him though, and can't wait for him to come home.

captainf wrote:2 days before your partner comes home, the girl I like goes to visit her friends in Switzerland for 2 weeks.

Are you going to do something special for when she's back?

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:17 am

highlandcow wrote:Things are getting a bit easier now. He's been out there for nearly 2 months, and to be honest, we've agreed that we've actually got closer during that time.

Im not surprised by that actually.

My ex and I were together for a couple of months then we split up for about a month but stayed friends through that time, and we got so much closer while we were split up, because it was all about conversation and getting to know each other, and nothing to do with sex, so it made it all the better when we got back togehter, we were a lot closer. I know you guys havent split up, but I suppose it's the same sort of thing? You're JUST talking, and the distance is making you appreciate how much you care about each other.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:35 pm

rufio89 wrote:You're JUST talking, and the distance is making you appreciate how much you care about each other.

Yeah that's exactley it Ruth! :D

Everytime I come off the phone to him I think, wow! This is amazing! It's so good that it's worked out like that, as we were both woried that we were going to drift apart, but it does make me miss him more as well.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

highlandcow wrote:
rufio89 wrote:You're JUST talking, and the distance is making you appreciate how much you care about each other.

Yeah that's exactley it Ruth! :D

Everytime I come off the phone to him I think, wow! This is amazing! It's so good that it's worked out like that, as we were both woried that we were going to drift apart, but it does make me miss him more as well.

Talking and communication is the key to any relationship! Not long now eh? :D
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:Talking and communication is the key to any relationship!

Too right Dipsy, in fact if this trip of his has taught me anything it's how very important this kind of communication is to a relationship, and I think it has made us a lot stronger.

5 weeks to go! :D

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Chit Chat