Wont be around for a while

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Wont be around for a while

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 pm

That is completely understandable. Being stuck in hospital when its far from your home is always going to be nervewracking.
I know Captain, hopefully they will have internet you can use however briefly and you can keep us all in the loop. I will be thinking of you.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby xgemma86x » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Not been on here for ages :o So much has changed!!! Anyway I have a wee update from Ashley (captainf) via text which he asked me to post on here....

Hey been in hospital since tues and im in for ages. Infact I dont know when im going home as next week i will be monitored on steroids or cyclosporin. Im on a 4 hourly blood pressure, temp and pulse check as im arithmadermic (losing lots of heat + water via the skin) the staff are great tho, so is the food. My skins a bit better but a long way to go. Im also being monitored on how much I drink and pee haha. They let us use phones whenever we want which is great. I can see and hear planes at times going over too :P I keep feeling cold tho and been given my own room cos of that as losing protein + heat via dry skin can be fatal.
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby xgemma86x » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 am

Good news :D captainf says if all goes well then he'll be home late next week :D Really pleased that he's getting better!!!
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks for letting us know, Gemma.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Guess whose back :D
I am home, after 3 weeks to the day of going to hospital :)
It was a very very good experience and the staff were wonderful. After a few hours I felt so at ease and was treated incredibly well. I had my own room until last week when I got moved to a bit with other guys of which I made some good friends. 3 of us made a good team and had alot of fun! 2 of us was discharged the same day with the other leaving yesterday. We are all keeping in contact. Infact, overall, I made 4 friends. :)
I kept a diary of my time there and was thinking of typing it up and uploading it at some point. :)
How is everyone here? Well I hope.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:06 pm

3 weeks, that's a long time :o

I'm glad you managed to find it a positive experience though.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 am

Yes it was a long time. I thought i'd be in for a week but I was in alot longer.
When I went there they put me on 30mg of steroids to improve the skin quickly, which worked, but they then brought me off them slowly and put me on azathioprine. I had to have a blood test last monday to check to see if my body was accepting it. My haemaglobin was a little low so they repeated the blood test on thursday and then again on Monday, both came back fine and I was discharged on tuesday. I have to have weekly blood tests because of the azathioprine.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Welcome back Captainf.
Glad your recovery is going well.
Are you on these tablets for life now?
Do they know why it flared up so badly?
:D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Many thanks, Bel Bel.

They said the azathioprine can be used for many years, so im not sure how long but im guessing a long time. I will have the weekly blood tests for a while which then become every few months.

They concluded it was probably stress with regard to me and Emma breaking up, her cutting contact with me back in March and unemployment. It was also due to the infaction that I couldnt shake off. I took alot of time to think about things in hospital and try to come to terms with stuff. It was ironic that when I got home and checked emails on Tuesday evening Emma was online on msn for the first time since she cut contact with me. I said hi as I wanted to be civil but she never replied. She was on again this evening too and again didnt talk so im not sure what thats about but im trying not to think about it too much incase she blocks me again and I end up setting myself back.

The hospital was a good and positive experience for me really.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Chit Chat