Piercings

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Piercings

Postby highlandcow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Hello all,

Silly and kinda lame question.....does anyone on here have a nose piercing?
I've been thinking about having it done, but I used to have my belly button pierced and my body ended up rejecting it, I'm worried the same thing will happen and I'll be left with a scabby nose! #-o
Also, I know my Dad is going to think I'm an idiot...despite being well into my 20's now. :-? I only want a little teeny stud, not a great big ring.

I've got a few friends who have had it done, but so long ago that they just sort of say "oh yeah it was fine" and can't really answer my questions on what to expect.

Does it hurt much?
How much does it cost?
Is there a chance it will reject?
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Piercings

Postby Jayz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 am

Hi HC,

I can't offer you too much advice I'm afraid, as I haven't actually experienced a nose piercing myself. That said, a girl I work with had one done recently and she said that it hurt a lot more than she was expecting it to (sorry to say that, but you did ask - besides, maybe she has a very low pain threshold!). They use a different method than a normal ear piercing, a needle rather than a gun and from the sounds of it, it is a bit more drawn out and painful.

It seems like there is less chance of your nose rejecting than your belly button did (for more info: http://tattoo.about.com/cs/piercefaq/a/migration.htm), but I guess that there is always some chance of your body rejecting it because at the end of the day a piercing is a foreign body. It's quite a cool natural reaction I reckon!

Good luck with it anyhow!
Jayz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi,

I got mine done about 5 years ago and this was my experience:

It didn't hurt, and Ive had a few piercings and they ALL hurt, so I'm not one of those weirdos who says getting a needle shoved through your face doesn't hurt. They did it with a thing that I suppose is a mixture between a gun and a needle - sort of like a holepunch I guess. It made my eyes water, but not with pain, just a sort of reflex reaction I guess.

However, I did have a lot of trouble with it. It started healing fine but then it started getting little infections an bleeding. It healed eventually but it did take a while, Gbut I only had it for a couple of years then I took it out.

Id expect to pay £15 - £25 for it now.

Hope this was helpful
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses, they were very helpful. I think a little teeny stud would look good, I'm probably going to go for it in a couple of weeks (I've got a blood donation, which I have to do before a piercing otherwise I won't be able to donate for another 6 months or so :cry: )

Just need to brave my Dad now (he's a doctor and is a bit funny about piercings and tattoos). Honestly, I feel like a teenager again! lol ](*,)
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 pm

How will you feel if it does leave a scar on your nose
I think if your body rejected before it's quite possible it could do it again
I think you have to weigh up how much you want it vs how you would feel if it didn't work out
The stud can always be removed a scar will be for life
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Hmm...you make a good point Bel Bel, a scarred nose probably isn't a good look. :(

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:22 pm

I can't even see where mine was if that helps at all... want me to send a picture of my nose? haha
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

rufio89 wrote:want me to send a picture of my nose? haha

...a little bit, yeah. Not in a weird way! lol

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:34 am

rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Wow you can hardly see it at all! Thanks for that!
I'm going to do some thinking about it, and maybe pop into a tattoo place to see what they think, after my blood donation.

Watch this space...

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby highlandcow » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 pm

I did it! :)

I did a lot of research, and found a place near me which was well recommended and clean and nice. The man running it was really good and put me at ease.
But....wow, it hurt! My boyfriend was watching and said it looked like I'd been given an electric shock.

It's a tiny gold stud with a green/blue gem, which (apparently) matches my eyes. The piercer really wanted me to get a red one but I was worried that it would look like a giant spot! I want to swap it for a silver one as soon as I can though.

It's still a bit swollen so I'll put a picture up when it goes down a bit.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Congratulations on having it done. I agree that red doesn't sound anywhere near as nice.

I feel vaguely uneasy in a mod-ish way about allowing all the members on this site to post pictures of their noses. Just as long as you stick to noses guys... :o
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I thought you should all see my nose. :P

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__wwA_YzZoJM/S ... CN1135.JPG

*Bel Bel runs away very fast in case Snail catches her
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:58 pm

HAHAHA! :lol: :lol:
Just spluttered tea down myself.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:20 pm

:o
That's not a nose next to him!

Going by what I've been told about these things anyway ... :-"
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Chit Chat