Moving

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Moving

Postby highlandcow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:17 pm

I handed over all the forms for my new flat today.

Eeek! :o
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Moving

Postby snail » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Hurray! \:D/

Are we all invited to the flatwarming? I'll bring chocolate.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby highlandcow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Oh I think you know the answer to that Snail.... :D
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:13 am

woohoo! That's so exciting, what's your new place like?

One of my friends is going to be looking for a place in November so I only have to stick my current housemate out until then :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 pm

It's really nice. Hardwood floors and storage (my flat at the moment has no storage at all if you can believe it!) a nice kitchen and a balcony. Yay.
It's in a really nice area as well.

Exciting but really scary to do it alone. My Dad is hiring a removal company even though it's not too far, to do all the heavy stuff.

I really hope it'll help to move away from all those memories. I keep having a major wobble about the whole thing, but I guess it's too late to back out of it now.

:o :o :o

rufio89 wrote:One of my friends is going to be looking for a place in November so I only have to stick my current housemate out until then

That's good, November isn't that far away really, and at least with a proper friend, they're not going to wind you up so much!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:12 pm

I know it's scary, but this kind of change will help.

Congratulations HLC, I wish you all the happiness that is possible for your new home.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks Skarlet! :)

Hopefully it'll be liberating to do it all myself. Moving day (at the moment) is 20th August. Just all the tedium of form-filling-in and calling everyone to tell them changes of address to do now.

Luckily I'm one of those weird types who gets a buzz out of making lists and crossing things off....

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 am

Seeing as I work in Glasgow I'll throw it out there that an extra pair of manly hands are available should you require them for moving!
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 am

The summer is coming next week, at last, so you should be able to make good use of that balcony - yay :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:01 pm

oooh Im very jealous, that's the one thing I dont like about my flat - no balcony! You could have a housewarming bbq :)

What's the rest of the building like? Did you see any of your neighbours?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:02 pm

ILoveChristmas wrote:Seeing as I work in Glasgow I'll throw it out there that an extra pair of manly hands are available should you require them for moving!

Careful, ILC, that's the kind of talk that will end up with you heaving a washing machine up the stairs! :wink:

It's only a small balcony, but big enough to get a chair out there. Hopefully the summer might have put in an appearance by then as well.

I had a look at the estate agent website today and it said "under offer". Ooh! It's exciting and scary all at once!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:04 pm

rufio89 wrote:What's the rest of the building like? Did you see any of your neighbours?

Didn't see any neighbours...and I didn't hear any either which is always a plus. The rest of the building is nice. It has to be better than the building I'm living in at the moment, which is falling apart. :o

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ILoveChristmas » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:20 am

highlandcow wrote:Careful, ILC, that's the kind of talk that will end up with you heaving a washing machine up the stairs! :wink:

Well, don't be stuck. I'm no stranger to humphing heavy things up stairs. Last weekend it was a solid hardwood wardrobe! The offer is there is you need it.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snail » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:51 am

ILoveChristmas wrote:I'm no stranger to humping heavy things up stairs.

ILC, you said you wouldn't tell anyone about that! 8-[
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ILoveChristmas » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:56 am

I use Facebook too much. Why did I spend several seconds looking for the 'like' button? :roll:

P.S I do like your new signature. Everyone enjoys a blast of Flagpoll Sitta!

ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Chit Chat