Moving

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Moving

Postby Skarlet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am

On another forum I use, they have a like button. I am always looking for it on here.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:05 am

Yeah, I've always loved that song. All the lyrics make perfect sense to me. And I can really relate to the idea of fingertips remembering the feel of someone's body.

The mods talked about a 'like' button on here at one point, but we were a bit worried that it might become a way to 'rate' posters, and it might not be appropriate for the types of difficult problems people often share on here.

I'm going to have to go play that song now 8) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skarlet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:29 pm

snail wrote:
The mods talked about a 'like' button on here at one point, but we were a bit worried that it might become a way to 'rate' posters, and it might not be appropriate for the types of difficult problems people often share on here.

Yeh I don't think it's appropriate here but doesn't stop me looking for it sometimes.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:33 pm

I just can't believe you're cheating on PP with another forum :wink:
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Yes, you traitor :p
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:19 pm

haha, well unfortunately PP doesn't give me the cute pretty animals kick I get from a pet forum.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:57 pm

rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Heehee...the posts on here have cheered me up no end!

ILoveChristmas wrote:Well, don't be stuck. I'm no stranger to humphing heavy things up stairs. Last weekend it was a solid hardwood wardrobe! The offer is there is you need it.

Thanks ILC, I'll let you know (but you might regret that!) :D

snail wrote:The mods talked about a 'like' button on here at one point, but we were a bit worried that it might become a way to 'rate' posters, and it might not be appropriate for the types of difficult problems people often share on here.

I think that's for the best really. It would turn PP into a popularity contest. Also imagine "30 people like your post 'Devestation' " You like my paaaaaain! :o

Also, this is for Skarlet (you big traitor, you 8) )

http://reallycuteanimals.co.uk/
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mattmxl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Which direction is your balcony facing HLC? Have one myself at my place, westerly facing. Meaning when I get home from work on a decent weather day, the sun it drenching it and stays there until it sets. Perfect for unwinding. Although, unlike mine, I hope the buildings gardens aren't directly beneath it. I'm never a fan of wasps, yet they seem to thing they have an open invitation to visit my place whenever they like. Sounds a cool place to move to though, nothing like a clean slate.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Ooh..I never thought about wasps and things getting in. I think it's south facing, which isn't too bad. It's only small though, but I'm looking to get a chair out there so I can make use of it. :)
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mattmxl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Yea totally. Mine is only about the width of a garden chair lol, but it gets the job done. You'll wonder what ya ever did without one (besides sit on the garden of course).
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:08 pm

All my references have checked out.

I'm scared.

Honestly, I'm being such a baby...you'd think I'd never moved before.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mattmxl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:41 pm

You'll be fine once you've settled in. It's the change and the unknown that's always the scary part. Give it a couple of weeks it'll probably feel like you've always lived there!
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:07 pm

I really hope so.

I know the reason I'm doing it is to remove myself from all the memories of my ex...but knowing that I'm not going to be here in a months time is suddenly so upsetting. We had such good times here...

God...I think I'm making a huge mistake! :o :cry:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mattmxl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:02 pm

You're definitely not! Those good times you had won't suddenly leave you because you live somewhere new. Plus, as you say yourself, living there was causing you pain with other reminders. It's just a wobble, you'll be fine!
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat