Olympic Games

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Olympic Games

Postby mattmxl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 am

Well now that's all over I'll have to get back reading some of this stuff. After saying I wasn't going to bother with them, ended up watching everything all day. Still, back to normality and the misery lol.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby highlandcow » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 pm

So who actually won in the end?

(Not that I actually CARE of course!) :-"
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mattmxl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Haha, we know you watched it religiously really, drop the pretence! lol.

In the end, the United States Of America won pipping Peoples Republic of China to the win after they had led for much of the duration. Great Britain & Northern Ireland ended up in third place with their record medal win, followed by the Russian Federation in fourth and Republic of Korea in fifth (from memory).
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 am

I actually enjoyed the Olympics (unfortunately missed most of the second week due to our neighbours house being struck by lightning and it knocking out the tv's in neighbouring houses) I thought it was good, watching talented people competing.. as opposed to rubbish like The only way is essex, big brother etc.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby mattmxl » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Have found myself watching a fair amount of the Paralympic games lately too, but mostly because I've currently got a knee injury and can't go cycling. Also, there is very little else on the television. Still, its sport I suppose, better than Question Time!
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Chit Chat