Do You Believe There Is A God?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Yes
40%
No
60%
Uncertain
No votes
Other
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby Mr.L » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:38 pm

Personally i do not belive in god. I have my own opinions and i know why i feel thisd. I have read the bible and i knwo what im talking about. Just this is a good topic and cna be very intelligent. Ifya do belive in god why? and if you dont why not? Please though christians and atheists or any other religion, dont get stressed out if someone doesn't agree, its their opinion. Also it would be good to see what cultures people are from.

Poll options updated by Enigma on19 October 2003.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby sovs » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:15 pm

I believe in god.
Im not the sort of person to go to church on sundays etc but i had my son christened as i felt it was important.
I dont know if god exsits but he is someone we all turn to for help in times of need. I know he doesnt help but it gives us hope.
My view is too much dependance is put on god when really we need to be searching ourselves.

sovs xxx
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:10 pm

I went to sunday school as a child but only cos my parents wanted to get rid of me for a couple of hours so i went with a neighbour. I was never christened and have never been to church with my family. I think this made it all very confusing and i have now come to the conclusion that i am more scientifically minded than religious. I did RE at school but never had any feelings towards religion.

Nowadays i think dont think there is a god, but i would never ever disrespect or contradict anyone who did. I recently went to a funeral of a good friends husband and during the ceremony i did hope that he was looking down on her cos i know she believes in God.

It is all very confusing i know but personally i just believe that if there was a god, he wouldnt let really bad n horrible things happen in the world.

Everyone is different though and i have respect for peoples beliefs.
Last edited by saz on Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:26 am

I think it's fairly well known that I'm a born again Christian.
This means that I definitly do believe that there is a God, and that he sent his Son, Jesus Christ, down to earth to die on the cross for the sins of the world.
I was born into a Christian family, but that's not why I'm a Christian. It was my own personal choice to become one, and I've never once regreted it.
My beliefs shape my world, my thoughts, my actions, and my words. Not a day passes by when I don't take heh time to commune with the Almighty. He's my Rock, my Saviour, and my Friend.

On a moderator note...please do not let this turn into a huge theological debate on which religions or beliefs are wrong. There is to be no persecution of any belief...Mr. L has asked if people believe in God, and what different backgrounds people have come from, nothing else. This could easily turn into a huge deal, but lets keep it clean and friendly.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:57 am

Yes I believe there is a God
the way the world is though it is pretty bad makes you wonder sometimes
But I believe there is something
whether it is whay the bible says or it is something more spiritual I dont know
I got married in a church because that is what I believe as I take the vowels seriously
At christmas I do often think about the possibility of jesus and if it is true then that should be thought of instead of the commercial side
depman!! :) *bigxmastree*
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bubble » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:38 pm

I believe in god also. Through my own choice. Have always felt like there is something there when we die.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Fidel » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:37 pm

Time to whip out the Karl Marx quote........................(read below)
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

hmm karl marx ey, you know otehr philosophers? like Aquinas?

Postby Mr.L » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:52 pm

Even though i don't believe in God and Depman said he does, btu wonders why there is so much bad, a point can be reversed depman and you could ask someone why is there so much good in the world if there is no God? Just wanted to point that out. Are there any buddhists or hindu's about? And yer please keep it friendly it would be good if this turned into a big post with peoples opinions and we could learn new beliefs and otehr views. But hopefully not in a rubbish R.E lesson way. So Fidel religion is the opium of masses? dja want to explain it to people here who do not know?
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misatok11 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:55 pm

I don't believe in a God.
I believe in nature and the effects it has on our enviroment.
I think that there is a force that binds all (Not the force or the one Ring!) but it has no face it just is.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:22 pm

Sometimes i think people use religon for an excuse to cause war.
I wonder what the world would be like without it.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:38 pm

There would be a lot less war, theres holy wars going on right now but the people who sya they belive in the words of their God must be stupid. All main religions are pacifist and therefore no murder. yet they kill for their "all loving" Gods or Allah. (i think its Allah or Alla). The only religion which doe snot cause wars is Buddhism. The only thing they do is demonstrate violence upon themselves to show the horrors of war. Quang dunq (i think agen) set himself on fire whilst peacfully sat in the lotus position he killed himself to show what war does cause. death. his picture is seen on on of the (if ur familiar to this wiekd band) Rage against the machine album covers.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misatok11 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:43 pm

I was going to quote that. On their self titled Album. It is quite a shocking Black and White Picture. I think Bin Ladens followers all Plaguirised writings in their religious Tomes in their Jihads as well. Twisting things to their own ideals.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:46 pm

Only a bit of advice this topic might turn a bit nasty
maybe we should just keep to Do you believe in god
It just looks like the topic might take a different direction 8)
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:49 pm

But which God? in the Hindu religon they have quite a few.
It would be a bit racist to say God because other religions have other Gods or deitys, Not even gonna go in to the Jedi Religion.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:39 pm

lol yer true but to sumarise ok well say Gods now then:p and may the force be with you (sorry man but i had to do it!) Are there any hindus?
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Chit Chat