Do You Believe There Is A God?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do You Believe There Is A God?

Yes
40%
No
60%
Uncertain
No votes
Other
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby misatok11 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:50 pm

I beleive that people have a God to give them hope and to look forward too.

I also beleive that people want to think that life goes on and again gives them hope.

Also use it to blame bad things on "saying it was an act of god!"
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:51 pm

It's a false belief
We all turn out the same in the end - dead
and thats that
Heaven is just bribery

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:47 am

Has anyone seen "A Walk to Remember"? In it, one of the main characters has a very strong faith in God. I don't know what religion it was they were portraying her to be, but she describes why she believes the best...she says that God is like the wind...you can't see it, but you can feel it. That thought is also in the Bible.
I believe in God, because I find it very hard not to. Yes, I know there are a ton of bad things in this world. But there is also a lot of good. God didn't make us to be robots. He made us with our own mind, to make our own descisions...even about Him. He wants us to love Him for what he's done for us, but He doesn't force it. You can never force ANYONE to love somebody. It just doesn't work that way. The people who make all the 'bad' in this world have chosen to be the way they are. It's a sad truth, but it IS truth.
You ask if there is a God, why would he let all the bad stuff happen then? What about divine intervention? Well...divine intervention is still in place...they are called coincidences. Why sometimes He interveens, and sometimes He doesn't...I don't know. As hard to believe as it is...I don't have all the answers. But you can't critisize me for not having all the answers about what I believe in, because there is NO one in this world that we live in who DOES have all the answers to whatever faith they happen to believe, or not believe in.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:17 am

Llisa i would never mean to criticise your beliefs and expect you to have any answers - who does?. I really do respect what you have said and what you believe in. You have said "I believe in God, because I find it very hard not to" - for me i find it impossible to get my mind around the whole idea of god. I dont know why this is but i just cant. In so many ways i wish i had your faith because i think it would have a hugely positive effect on me. I think at the moment i am a very cynical person, who perhaps looks for all the bad and never the good. But if i did believe in him, i think i would be likely to blame God for everything that goes wrong and never need to blame myself.

I do agree with you that if there is a God, then it is not him who is making a mess of this planet, it is down to humans.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:00 am

Just saying my thoughts and guesses on the matter. No offence, Growl!
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:18 am

A walk to Remember is rubbish by the way
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:35 pm

No no saz, I know you weren't critisizing me. I was just saying 'you' as a general term of everyone...because it's been brought up a lot.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:43 pm

Fidel, please shut up. You are always critisizing everything but without any sort of intelligence. How is heaven a bribery when you have to work for it? Are you stupid? Look at what you say and make sure you know what your'e talking about.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby saz » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:08 pm

Its alright Llisa i know what you mean dont worry mate!!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:29 pm

Mr L. (if in fact that is ur real name)
Maybe you would be better suited in a church, holy-joe web site or on cloud cuckoo land where your Religious mumbo-jumbo can live freely without realists like me spoiling your rose-tinted view.
I don't think it's a stupid person that thinks that heaven was only thought up to bribe people into heaven. No! quite the contrare! I think a stupid person is one who......No I won't say it - wouldn't want you to lose any sleep

Night Night Mr L.

Vlad
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:49 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure I'm not the only person on these forums Fidel that is tiring to your intentional attempts to instigate negative conflict here. We're having a discussion about religion and the existence or non-existence of a god or gods, and the positive and negative effects of those things on the people who do and do not believe certain things.

By the forewarning in this topic you should be aware that the Moderator Team is actively following the topic with peeled eyes. We know it's a sensitive topic that can and usually does get hot, so once again just respect other peoples opinions. If you don't agree with something or don't think something is particularly good, just say that as it is not necessary to use decorative negatives.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:38 am

What about Mr L. get him in to touch for calling me stupid for not sgreeing with him
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby MelodyLinn » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:49 am

Fidel, He did not call you stupid. He asked. I am with him and Enigma and feel also all you do is critisize and go against other people.

Also, in nearly every post you make you have a negative feeling in it. I don't want to get into this little argument or whatever, however I feel I should let you Know it isn't just Mr.L and Enigma who have noticed your negative attitude.

Melody
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:22 am

This is not a child's school playground. If we ask you, Fidel, to go easy on your replies wedo not want a reply 'Well if you told me off then you should tell him off too.' That is just immature. We are mostly adults on here and if you cannot have a mature outlook on life, and the boards then i suggest you try because at the moment your negative replies are definetly not mature.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:16 pm

I look around me and there are a million people on my back the second I open my mouth to say something>
I come on here where U can't see me opening my mouth and the same happens. I am sorry to Mr L. for biting his head off but there are a few people who are just against me from the moment I press any key (Which one's the any key?). I am sorry to having caused offence but there are some people who are anti-fidel. I am Vladimir I. Bestchastnikh and will not be silenced. I will tone it down but will nevee, EVER let people criticise me for disagreeing with them

Yours
Vlad
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat