Do You Believe There Is A God?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do You Believe There Is A God?

Yes
40%
No
60%
Uncertain
No votes
Other
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby Fidel » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:43 pm

Lorelei wrote:And I have to agree with Fidel about calling the police

depman wrote:I totally agree Fidel 100%

Fidel wrote:I used to have difficulty in crowds but I cured it by going to Rock concerts and Football games. Don't get apprehensive and scared just go 4 it. Once u've done that u'll be able to hang about with as many people as u like

Seriously

Vlad

Lorelei wrote:And, as Fidel says, why not ask the doctor too? It can't hurt!xxx

Fidel wrote:Sweating's not very nice but I always find that stick aerosols are good for combatting BO and sweating
I sweat extensively and have to change my t-shirt all the time when im playin in gigs as they get all wet and uncomfortable but it's natural for some folk to sweat more than others but get it checked over i saw a girl get an operation on tv for it once

Hertestsk gobrot

Vlad

Also - a lot of advice I give is relevant in the other forums but hey some people are selective over their choice of facts. Don't say Im negative - I resent that. I believe on the "Problems" (because after all this is what this site's about I give sound advice to those in need. Don't judge me on a few posts I sent in the heated God topic
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:37 pm

This isn't a court case Fidel. If it was then your supporting evidence would stand no chance against the opposition. We're not anti-Fidel, we're anti-idiot. I posted my comments in order to get this topic back on-topic, but yet again you've made it all about you. If you cannot behave maturely then go somewhere else. If you have a problem with the forums then contact a moderator, stop mixing your issues in with genuine discussion.

Now, back to the main feature...
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:18 pm

Whats BO got to do with God
Strange #-o
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:55 pm

LOL

Well if you believe in god, he gave humans armpits, from which we sweat, and this can occasionally results in BO if the sweat dries.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Mr.Fidel

Postby Mr.L » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:17 pm

I ahve been away for a while else i would have replied to your comments. First of all your point to me is wrong because i have stated that i do not belive in God. But in a reply to one of your previous points about heaven being a bribe i was stating an arguement back from a point of view that knows what it is talking about. So no to the christian websites and sugar coated world because personally the world is well "schisser" :D
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:26 pm

I'm a Pagan Witch and believe that there is a Sun God and Moon Goddess. I don't believe that one single male god could exist without its direct opposite- a female goddess.

I don't believe in the teachings of the Bible or Christianity but this has been the case every since primary school. I believe in faiths such as Buddhism and Animism which focus on what I feel are more enlightening and intriguing issues such as the self, peace, care for the Earth and love for all its creatures. I'm not saying that Christians have no respect for our Mother Earth, but I oppose to a certain piece of writing which says something about man reigning over the birds in the sky and the fish in the sea, for I believe we shouldn't rule over any creature- we should care for them, respect them, and leave their habitats undisturbed.

Besides, Witchcraft places great emphasis on 'green magick' which is very feminine and earthly, and I love it to bits. It's all good fun with leaves and trees, water, earth, fire and wind. A lot of people think that Witchcraft is Satanism, but those who are sensible enough to go into depth of its origin (Wicca) will realise that its a Celtic religion, native to our English (well strictly speaking Anglo-Saxon) heritage, and is all about the earth and the patterns of life.

OK I went a little too deep with that but heck, I wanted to say it
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:35 pm

No! That's really cool by the sounds of it! Good that shard because that's what its about! What special occasions do witches have?
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:20 pm

Many Wiccans and Witches follow the Wiccan calendar, which was primarily the calendar followed before Christianity was introduced to the British Isles yonks ago:

Imbolg 2nd February: The celebration of seasonal rejuvination from Winter
Spring Equinox 21st March: The year is in perfect equilibrium of day and night
Beltaine 30th April: The celebration of fertility and healing
Midsummer 22nd June: The Sun-God is at his peak of the year
Lughnasadh 31st July: The celebration of creation and transformation
Autumn Equinox 21st September: The year is once again in perfect equilibrium
Samhain (All Hallows Eve) 31st October: The celebration of communion and reincarnation with our dearly departed
Yule 22nd December: The celebration of the birth of the Sun God (the Moon Goddess gave birth to him)

So that's it!

There are also 3 other rituals:

Wiccaning (which is like a Christening, except for Wiccans)
Handfasting (a Wiccan marriage)
Requiem (a Wiccan funeral)

I'm not strictly Wiccan but I follow the calendar. I study loads of different types of Witchcraft, ranging from Chaos Magick (which has a lot to do with the universe and how its patterns affect spells and rituals), to Stregheria (Italian Witchcraft) and Nocturnal Witchcraft (which isn't black magick or Satanic- it focuses on the transition between good and evil- our mischevious selves and has great emphasis on darkness and magical workings at night)

It's good fun and amazing how much there is to learn. There's even such thing as sex magic!
Last edited by KoRn_Freak on Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:06 pm

Lol canya teach me some sex magick;) jks sorry, lol had to say it! that's a cool religion! has anyone else got religions that aren't very common?!
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:12 pm

Have you ever heard of Tantra?

Through the concepts of what sex magick is, Tantra is basically a form of sex magick.

The 'magick' part to sex magick doesn't have much to do with gather around a cauldron and cackle as you bring a couple of newts to the boil under a full moon! Though it would be hillarious...

The idea of sex magick is that both people evoke their inner energies (karma or chakra points) and focus their inner energies so that they can achieve such things as multiple orgasms, and the ability to carry on making love for hours and hours. It's not just about pleasure: Tantra is a practice that focuses the body's energies to such a level that with a lot of patience and practise can be like physical meditation: it can take you to the heights of Niravana.

If you want to look up anything about Tantric Sex or Sex Magic(k) just go to Google and type 'em in
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:19 pm

Tetra sounds gd. I belive myself that people should belive in theirselves more. Work together more and the world to be, as happy as it can. Not sugar coated stuff but for everyone to stop putting thier head up their bum and see how the world is.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:27 pm

Lmao! Stick their heads up their bums!

Believe it or not, black magick is exactly that: it's all about the self. I don't see why they actually render it to be evil because quite a lot of black magick practicioners don't even use curses or hexes. Black magick is when someone says 'i don't need a god to be powerful; i have all the power i need inside me'. A lot of Christians see this as blasphemy; I personally don't have a problem with it, and wouldn't have a problem with cursing or hexing a person if they seriously did harm to me.

Here's the catch: THREEFOLD!

Everything you do; good or evil, comes back three times stronger to you, so you've always got to be careful no matter what.

Green Magic is a lovely path to follow: it's just a beautiful, earthly practice that devotes the Earth to the Self, and the Self to the Earth.
In a lot of practices I've studied, they talk about a Witch's familiar. Mine's my dog. They say that the more you talk to an animal, it'll talk back (not in English of course) and I read in my book about Stregheria about plant familiars! And it's literally planting your own little seedling, and learning to talk to it, and calling upon its spirit in your spells and things! I thought that was just the sweetest thing!

Just my luck that I'm a terrible gardener!
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby sovs » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:04 am

I do believe the topic is, Do you believe in god.
Please could you continue your talk via private messaging.

Many thanks.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:13 am

They're talking about a god or gods not necessarily a Christian God.
The Topic is - Do u believe there is "a" God?
:D
Vlad
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:14 am

PS
Witchcraft is coooooolll!!!!!
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat