Your favourite comedy moments

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby kitten » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:47 am

Llisa I have been listening to the Comedy Festival recordings on BBC Radio 2 over here and it's fantastic some comedians from all over the world. I believe their are some candidian's too.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:55 am

LOL Depman, I know what Friends is...the American's like to try and "Americanize" Canadians...
Speaking of which, another of my favourite 'comedy moments' is a little something called "Talking to American's" with Rick Mercer. He's a hilarious Canadian comedian, and loves to exploit the naivette of American knowledge of Canadians.
For example...he got a lot of people to sign a petition to stop the practise of Canadian's sending their elderly adrift on icefloats to keep the populatiopn down....seriously...the US people are VERY clueless when it comes to knowledge of their northern neighbours
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:35 am

Yeah I know
I pick canadians up in my taxi every now and again and they hate it when you say are you from the states so I tread carefully now
I didnt know it was that bad
We have something similar with England and Scotland (football mostly)
I dont know what the problem is and it would be great if the whole of Britain can be a big family
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:59 am

Goes way back, even before Braveheart...
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:07 am

Has anyone seen Bowling for Columbine - that film is one of my favourites because it talks straight to me. It's rip roaringly funny and tragic in places. I especially like the bit where he goes to Canada and finds everybody's door is left open

Michael Moore forever (Read Stupid White Men if u get the chance!)

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:14 am

No matter where u are - there will always be local rivalries.
Although I was born in Estonia I would never claim to be Estonian just like the people in Livi would say Scottish ahead of British. It shouldn't effect me but I hate it when Americans call Britiain "England" as if Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland didn't exist (Ruling out these countries means theres less to bomb u know!!)
However we do the same!! How many people refer to the Netherlands simply as Holland? Well Holland is just one part of the Netherlands (albeit a big part) but there is also Gelderland, Freisland and something else I can't remember but essentially thats just the same as calling Britain - England. The thing is they never complain but some1 did when I was in the Netherlands this year.
I am a Russian bred!! So a Russian I will stay

Vlad the Red
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Previous

Return to Chit Chat