Remembrance

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Remembrance

Postby captainf » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:19 am

What happened?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:13 am

I feel sick just thinking about it, my brother was in Halo that night.
A bit selfish to think that maybe, but its made it REALLY hit home like a sledge hammer.

Not at all. I was at Rescue Rooms that night, and I kept thinking that if some of my friends had left at the wrong time, they might have got caught up in it.

It's awful though isnt it? It really hit home with me too.

What happened?

He got beaten up outside a nightclub in Nottingham, and died of head injuries. He was only 19.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:50 am

Wow thats hard going. Really sad. :(
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Sleep well Lucky. Our cat who became very rapidly ill this afternoon and had to be put to sleep. :cry:
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Ah, Captain_flynn - I'm SO sorry. Lots of hugs to you, me darling.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pee
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby morris mouse » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:31 pm

peecee wrote:Ah, Captain_flynn - I'm SO sorry. Lots of hugs to you.

I agree. You're in my thoughts,"captain_flynn" :grouphug:
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:09 am

Thanks guys. She was fine and came into my room to remind me to do her dinner at 4pm, but I was on the computer doing something so she wandered out and into the livingroom and curled up. At 4:15pm I went to do her dinner and normally she appears in the kitchen without me calling her but she didnt. So I went into the livingroom and found her curled up, she didnt seem interested and then she tried to walk, but ended up dragging herself as her back legs wouldnt work. I called mum + nan and they immediately took her to the vet. The vet said that she had a blood clot that had run down to the bottom of the spinal cord and the clot broke into two and travelled into her two back legs which caused them to become paralysed. Its really heartbreaking because all this happened so rapidly that it wasnt possible to prevent it. Nan said that she passed away quite quickly - Just as they took out the needle from her leg her head laid down on the table and she seemed to go at that moment.

I think the speed of it is what has hit me because she was fine and then 20mins later she was critically ill and by 5:25pm or so she was being put to sleep. I keep expecting her to walk into my room and start miowing, reminding me to do her nightly cat biscuit. She always did that daily, meet me in the morning when I got up because she wanted cat biscuit, then comes to find me at 4pm to get me to do her dinner and then finds me at 10pm for some more cat biscuit. I'm gonna miss all that. Waking up tomorrow wont be the same. At the moment I just have spells of feeling not to bad and then wanting to cry. Normal I guess. :cry: Our dog seems to really miss her too. When mum and nan brought her home we had her wrapped in a nice, warm and thick towl and Peppy (our dog) went over and kissed her. Hes been wandering in and out of all the rooms this evening so he obviously is having a hard time dealing with it just like we are.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:24 am

Im really sorry Flynn, that's really sad, I hope you're ok.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 am

:cry:
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks very much for the sympathy guys. Its 4pm and now shes normally in here miowing reminding me its dinner time. Seems so out of place not hearing her reminding me what time it is. So now i've only got to do my dogs dinner. Even he seems quite down today.

It just doesnt seem real. I keep expecting her to walk in.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:00 am

Sorry to hear of your bad news Captain-Flynn.

When my dog got put to sleep I think my dad cried for almost a week. My dad NEVER cries.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Sat May 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Thankyou, dipsydoodlenoodle. I can understand why your dad was so upset.
And today we took our dog to the vet as he was unwell this morning and hes been diagnosed with prostrate cancer. He was given two injections and we have to monitor him over the next 2 days and see how he goes. :(
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Sat May 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh dear, Captain :( What bad timing :(

What is his prognosis? I know that sort of cancer is not usually too serious in male humans.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Sat May 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Its somewhat confusing. He gave Peppy (our dog) two injections and we have to monitor him over the next two days.. If he still isnt right we have to take him back to the vet.

he asked if peppy had lost any weight and we said he hadnt. He examined Peppy and said that there was a lump down there but stated that it could of been there for a while already and therefore we may have him for a few more years, but alternatively we may not. Its just a 'dont know' situation regarding as to whether we will have Peppy for much longer. As our dog is going on 14 the vet said they wont castrate him which would of been normal precedure if he had been younger. He also said our cat passing away may also of kick started Peppy in to being ill too, which seems plausible as he has been pretty sad since.

So we're not too sure really, he could swing either way, but overall he has a 'cancer' and thats always dangerous and worrying.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 05, 2009 9:03 am

Make sure you let us know when you find out Captain_flynn
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat