Pre-Menstrual Tension (PMT) - Does It Affect Men?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Pre-Menstrual Tension (PMT) - Does It Affect Men?

Postby cherry6omb » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:30 pm

Hi everybody,

It might seem like a strange topic to cover but I need your input!

I'm writing an article focusing on how men are effected by pre-menstrual tension. What I need is to hear about your experiences/nightmares/traumas/breakthoughs/cures in fact just about anything you can think of that relates to how blokes are effected. That means I want to hear from the ladies AND the gents.

Share your story be it happy, sad, heartwrenching or just plain funny.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Cherry
cherry6omb
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby depman » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:09 pm

It depends on the woman
Some women get very ratty when they are about to start their cycle and I guess it affects some men badly
Some will dissapear down the pub and a few will be supportive
My wife Isnt that bad really but I can tell when she is about to,as her mood does change a little and she can be a little bit moody
But I guess I tend to be a little bit more tender towards her when this happens and try and tempt her with choc Malteezers always works or something or try and cheer her up with something
Hope this helps
From a bloke 8)
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:22 pm

Stay away from women and don't talk about it during "that" time
It helps for me
plus a wee bonus for a few days a month
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby cherry6omb » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:39 pm

The choc will do it every time! :D
cherry6omb
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:08 am

I think it does affect men.

When i get PMT i can be a bit of a grouch.
But im lucky to have an understanding husband.
As he said above (depman) he gets me chocolate which is good and flowers to if i feel really down.
And if i feel really bad he watches the baby so i can relax in the bath for a while.
I think the added pressure is on men when women get PMT as they feel they have to watch what they say or do incase we bite their heads off.
So i guess i should say

THANKS stew for putting up with me :D
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:55 am

It's pre-menstrual syndrome...PMS over here...but no doubt the effects are the same.
I tend to get very emotional, which is something totally out of character for me. I feel awful, because I get angry and upset with just about anyone...the girls understand it, but guys sometimes don't know how to act.
An old boyfriend of mine knew exactly what to do though...we lived a distance apart, and whenever he knew 'that time' was coming up, he'd send a little care package in the mail. Some herbal tea, chocolates, maybe a new book for me to read, a waterbottle, something neat and different every time. It made me feel not only very special, but helped stabalize my emotions, which I thought was great.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:35 pm

I think it does it tends to affect people in a relationship.
The woman gets grumpy and this has a knock on affect on the partner and causes them to get grumpy because they've been grumped at.

Make sense? :-?
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby cherry6omb » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:48 pm

misatok11 wrote:I think it does it tends to affect people in a relationship.
The woman gets grumpy and this has a knock on affect on the partner and causes them to get grumpy because they've been grumped at.

Make sense? :-?

Makes perfect sense!
cherry6omb
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby cherry6omb » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:50 pm

I wonder what it is about the chocolate? Anyone got a clue?
cherry6omb
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:38 am

About the chocolate...it's a treat, as well as a so-called 'comfort food'. It somehow always has a way of making a girl feel better.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby depman » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:23 am

The chocolate has an effect on the brain and makes you feel a bit better when you are in a mood
there is a word for it but cant think what it is at the moment
This is why I buy chocolate for my wife
It is known that chocolate helps and calms you down when in a mood :)
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:29 am

Well for me i get spots, grumpy and really tired. I just seem to go into myself and am not very chatty which is unusual for me. When i have PMT everything he does really annoys me and i usually end up biting his head off.

He is not sympathetic at all which really doesn't help. He then goes into a big grumpy strop and then i find myself having to whine 'i have pmt!!!' at him.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jo » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:08 am

Same here, I get snappy and don't feel very lovey dovey. I can get quite 'cold', but, at the same time, I would cry easily if someone was kind about it, which he usually is because he's very understanding, bless!

What about people with kids? Do you find you get more short tempered with him than with the kids? I do. I do get less patient with the kids, but not as cold hearted. I can be quite cold hearted with him and I feel very guilty about it afterwards.

Generally when I've got PMT the same stuff bugs me as usual, but I just can not be nice about it. I don't want to be nice about it. You switch from being quite reasonable to quite stubbourn with a 'why should I put up with this?' attitude.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby saz » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:32 pm

I have developed an astonishing amount of patience with my daughter since i had her, which i certainly never had before but it seems that i have none with my boyfriend whatsoever anymore. Having PMT just seems to make it worse and everything he does really annoys me.

With my daughter if i have PMT and then dont get much sleep i do get ratty with her but she is quite a trying child at the best of times and she is only 1! I find i get quite broody and emotional about and towards her when i have PMT and have found myself sitting looking through photos the day before my period comes, or going in her room at night to watch her sleep.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby KoRn_Freak » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:42 pm

The severity of my period depends on the severity of my PMT

If I'm doubled over in pain and not far off from feeling that I'm going to faint, then my PMT will be the cause of a couple dozen homicides and maybe a few nukes dropped on a few people's heads.

I definitely think men are affected by PMT, but they don't seem to express it directly or verbally. When I'm consumed by PMT, my boyfriend's sensitivity levels skyrocket, and he's very cautious and soft-toned in voice when he speaks to me. He offers to cuddle a lot more and insists that he serves as my butler if the cramps get too bad.

Then again, when it's all put in perspective, PMT does have its upside if it turns men into putty in your hands! :wink:
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Chit Chat