Smoking in public places

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Smoking to be banned in public

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes : 24

Smoking in public places

Postby depman » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:37 am

Do you think it should be banned in public places
I am a smoker and I think it should be banned like pubs restaurants and other various places
If I didnt smoke I wouldnt like to breathe in all those chemicals that caould kill me
What do you all think?
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:43 am

I agree wholeheartedly
I don't go down to the driving range to be hit by people's golf ball so why should I go to a bar/restuarant to breathe in other folk's stinking smoke!
I hate cigarettes!!!
They are sooooooo disgusting
I like Cuban Cigars but I only smoke them indoors
Theyre not addictive though

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:55 am

Although i smoke i do not agree with smoking in eating places etc.
When i go for a meal i always go outside to smoke, because it not fair on others.
I dont want my child breathing smoke in so why should other children, or non smokers.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:00 pm

I believe it should be banned, but pubs should perhaps have a small smoking area as opposed to a small non smoking area!!
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:01 pm

Dont agree with it being banned in pubs. Restaraunts maybe but not pubs. Beer and fags go together like Sonny and Cher.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:07 pm

eugh
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby MelodyLinn » Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:50 pm

I totally agree with these replys - Smoking to be banned in public places!

Melody
You don't miss your water til the well runs dry
MelodyLinn
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:51 pm

I am a smoker but think that banning it in pubs would be totally stupid. I wouldn't take my child into a smoke filled pub or bar because i dont think it is appropriate for children to be in areas like that (where heavy drinking and other things goes on) anyway. From the other side of things, pubs are places you go to relax and personally it would put me off going if it was non-smoking. I can see things from non-smokers point of view that they wouldnt enjoy themselves in a smoky pub but they would probably be sitting there very lonely on their own if it was banned!!!!!

I do agree that restaurants etc should be smoke free but nearly everywhere is anyway nowadays. I only smoke outside never near my daughter and dont smoke that much anyway.

I was brought up in and out of pubs and working mans clubs. My parents also smoked heavily in the house and i truely believe that this has contributed to me smoking and drinking from an early age, because to me it was totally normal. I'd love to quit but dont seem to have the willpower but i dont think other people should suffer because of my nasty habit.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:08 pm

Oh yeah i totally agree with smoking in pubs.
I love going to lunch at my old local with friends for lunch and having a fag a drink and a good chat, but i just dont agree with somking in restaurants as children eat there to and dont think its fair on other people, where as smokings expected in pubs.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby halfwaythere » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:11 pm

I think the government is going to far when they bring up the thought of banning smoking in your own home. I totally agree banning it in pubs and resturants but your own home?!?!

I think to totally stop smoking thoughout the whole country/town whatever cigarrets should only be sold in chemists. That'll make them really hard to get hold off and hopefully peole will just give up.

Steve -x-
To The World You Are One Person But To One Person You Are The World
halfwaythere
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:25 pm

I think that If smokers want to suck on their cancer sticks they should do It away from other people!!!
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:01 pm

I agree, a ban on smoking is right.

What I don't understand is why people smoke, and also why smoking hasnt been banned. I mean, like drugs, smoking kills. The only reason why I believe smoking hasnt been banned is because it kills you slowly and not over night like serious drugs?

Ashley
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:06 pm

Exactly Cap'in
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:41 pm

There recently has been discussion of banning smoking in Manchester City Centre. Don't think that would be welcomed that warmly. I'm a non-smoker but have grown up around friends and families that do smoke, and therefore I'm used to it. I think it is very inconsiderate for people to smoke in areas where people are eating.

In Manchester City Centre we have the 'Food Court', which is like a huge canteen supplied by a varied mixture of fast food services. There is a smoking area there, and yesterday I noticed a girl walking from the smoking area through the rest of the Food Court with her lit cigarette. Very insensitive. Not to mention that the Food Court leads onto the shopping centre, which is strictly non-smoking.

I find that people usually ask me if it's okay to smoke, which although I usually say "yes" I do expect to be asked out of courtesy.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:43 pm

I think there should be some restrictions, not fully banned, but restrictions. I have no suitable poll option to select! I'm so indecisive!
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Next

Return to Chit Chat