Smoking in public places

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Smoking to be banned in public

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes : 24

Postby Jennie_2003 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:11 pm

When I go out somewhere with my mum, she always has a cigarette and when I go home all my clothes stink of smoke and i find it really disgusting. Also if Paul lets any of his mates smoke in the house when i am out I walk in and can instantly smell smoke. I hate it.
"To alcohol!! The cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!!!" - Homer Simpson
Jennie_2003
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby saraha » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:41 pm

i think it should be banned.
i am doing a documentary on smoking for my a level media course work.
most ppl agree that it should be banned.

such as a restrants and pubs.

but i think it is ok if ppl can smoke in the street providing it not at a bus stop or some where where ppl come in contact with alot ppl as the smoke gets in to thier lungs and can effect them with out choice.
saraha
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LoVe BuG » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:23 pm

I think it should be banned but it wont as if you can't smoke in a public place then whats the point in smoking. But the government won't do it as they earn a great deal of money out of it, and people will think that if its banned in a public place then it's a waste of time smokin them because you can only smoke in your home and whats the point.
if that makes any sence.
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:21 pm

Current results of this topics poll "Smoking to be banned in public:"

Yes, 79% (19)
No, 20%, (5)

Total Votes, 100%, 24

The Big Smoke Debate for the East Midlands Community ends on 30 April 2004, for the North West on 31 May 2004, in the East of England on 20 June 2004, and the debate for the West Midlands Region will close on 20 June. The London Health Commission debate ended on 31 December 2003 and the results are available.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Previous

Return to Chit Chat