Best horror movie??

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Best Horror?

The Shining
6%
The Jap version of the Ring
6%
Nightmare on Elm street
No votes
The Exorcist
24%
Friday the 13th
No votes
Jaws
No votes
Blair Witch
No votes
Hallowe'en
18%
Other movie
47%

Total votes : 17

Postby sovs » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:50 pm

Theres on i think called candyman, and you have to say his name 3 times in the mirror.
That scared me a lot.
I could never say it in the mirror even though it is pretend!
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Moonface » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:57 pm

My fave scary movie is:13th ghost.
It's not like it's scary scary.It's just that the make up and the special effects make the film kinda freaky.
It hard work, but someone's gotta do it!
Moonface
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:53 pm

I kinda like the NEW Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It is quite scary but for the best i think Rosemary's baby or the Omen.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:08 pm

Whats rosemary's baby about? I like the Jason films, i think his hokey mask is rele cool and his eerie the way eh walks and murder everything in his path. Wiked. When i was a kid though Childplay (chukie films) scared the hell outa me!
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Smiler_Princess » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:12 am

I HATE Horror films, they are too scary! lol.

Don't see the point in scraing myself and having nightmares for no reason. I also have a large imagination :P

Love

Tammy :D
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby KoRn_Freak » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:55 pm

Smiler_Princess wrote:[color=green]

Don't see the point in scraing myself and having nightmares for no reason. I also have a large imagination :P

That's half the fun!! :D

I remember going to Granada Studios when I was about 9 and went on Alien the Ride and that made me cry!! When I came home, I kept on freaking myself out thinking this HUGE alien thing would come out and jump at me!

Our imaginations love doing things like that to us, you just gotta remember that the majority of things we watch are so cheesy and fictional that it'd never happen!

It's hard to find a decent horror film nowadays though; most of them are just teeniebopper slasher films with half-naked cheerleaders being chased and murdered by a dude in a mask *sounds familiar...*

In my opinion, horror films are the height of entertainment, because a good one will mess with your mind and keep you thinking after it's ended. They bring out our worst fears and make us watch them on an oversized screen, and in a way, it's like facing a phobia. You'll only get rid of it if you confront it.

There I go again!!

Sixth Sense was good but not menacingly frightening. Made me jump a couple of times but that was all. Copy Cat was good, but that was more of an action thriller than a horror.
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby KoRn_Freak » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:56 pm

sovs wrote:Theres on i think called candyman, and you have to say his name 3 times in the mirror.
That scared me a lot.
I could never say it in the mirror even though it is pretend!

I used to love doing that! We used to run into the toilets and all say Candyman 3 times in the mirror... then we ran out screaming!! Lmao!

Ah... good times :)
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misatok11 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:01 pm

Rosemary's babay is about this woman who has a child but people look after her and they are weird. I cant say much as it gives it away but it is good.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:40 am

I hate horror movies more than anything! I watched one when i was really young at a friends house and my mum says i didn't sleep for a week i was so scared. Ever since then i switch over if one comes on and dont go to the pictures. My imagination goes into overdrive sometimes.

Is silly i probably wouldn't be that scared but it has been so long now i am not bothered
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Smiler_Princess » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:07 am

Yay. Someone like me! :D

Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:00 am

We can be scaredy cats together yea!!!!

Oooh that candyman one have never seen it but used to scream when my friends told me about it and said it in the mirror in front of me!

Have just remembered that film i watched as a little girl was Gremlins! Ha ha was so frightened! Have watched it since and it was so funny.

The other thing i am petrified of and cant even listen to is War of The Worlds (you know the original one). My dad used to play it and i thought it was real!
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:02 am

Agree cab in fever was rubbish. Am too scared to see the new texas chainsaw massacre film as i know its based on a true story.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Smiler_Princess » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:11 am

I watched the Gremlins when i was little too. At first I thought they were so cute and wanted one, then I started screaming and crying :cry: lol :-?

Tammy :D

Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:53 pm

I love horror films. The opening to Scream is phenomenal in terms of the structure of a successful horror film. Wes Craven says that in orer to get the audience involved in the fear of a horror you have to have some action in the opening 10 minutes of the film. That opening sequence is about fifteen minutes long, and is packed with a great script and great action. Wes Craven's come a long way since 'The Last House On The Left'.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:42 pm

Actually that's a true point about the opening sequence, you get involved quicker rather than wait for the storyline to develop. I love the scream films tho.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat