Where should i spend christmas day?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Where should i spend xmas day?

Mums house
67%
My house
33%

Total votes : 3

Where should i spend christmas day?

Postby saz » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:52 am

On the subject of xmas i would love anyones advice as to where i should spend xmas day.

We have always gone to my mums for xmas dinner. My bf's mum doesn't do christmas and both our fathers live miles away and we dont see them. To me it seems logical to see my mother, gran and sister and they want to see the baby. It can be a bit boring round there my gran is a bit moany at christmas sometimes but it is more for my daughter than for me really.

Problem is Darren doesn't want to go round my mums because he doesn't really like her that much and says it is boring. He wants us to stay at ours and have christmas alone. To me this would be a bit depressing i would just end up in the kitchen all day while he played with her and her toys. I cant cook so dinner would be horrible. My mum can't drive and lives 20 miles away so cant come over to my house for the day plus my gran is old and doesn't travel very well.

Now his father as announced he is coming down from scotland at christmas and wants us to put them (bf's father and girlfriend) up on Christmas eve and Christmas night. We have no room for them but darren has said yes! They dont want to spend christmas day with us because they are going to dinner with his gf's daughter and mother. I am annoyed about this and it will mean the house will be really messy and cramped so going round my mums seems even more appealing.

Does anyone have any advice on this one? I think that we should go to my mums for dinner but only stay until say 5pm then go home. I think this is a compromise but he doesn't want to go at all. I dont know what to do my mum has just assumed we are going there and i dont want to upset her by letting her down. They buy my daughter so many presents it would seem really rude not to go, plus i love seeing my family at christmas.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:37 am

Hi saz.

I think you should go to your mums. Christmas is about being with family and what would christmas be like without one or to moaning family members :D
As for your boyfriends dad, say you want to get up in the morning with her to open her presents for her first proper christmas morning and you feel uncomfortable with them being there.
Why cant the girlfriends mum put them up?
Or you can try one of my tactics. If i want something and stew wont agree i offer sexual favours to get my way.
Works every time :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:26 am

Cheers for the advice sovs. I dont know why no one else can put them up i think they have only asked us, well they didn't really ask they just invited themselves. I am really annoyed over it because we will have to sleep on the floor at christmas!! I can't expect them to sleep on the floor they are getting on a bit and his girlfriend has lots of back problems (i am too bleeding nice as well). They always moan about our house too which will make me angry they say it is a mess (it isn't) and complain about there being no handle on the bathroom door and cat fur everywhere.

My sister is begging me to go to theirs at christmas she doesn't want to be left with all the moaning on her own either. I can see from his point of view that it can be boring but i am really tearing my hair out over the inlaws staying because all they do is argue and drag us into it. They bought the baby a really horrible cheap present last year and didn't even buy her anything for her 1st birthday recently but cos they are staying i will feel like i HAVE to buy them something. I really dont want to though.

I hate christmas you know it is like this every year for me i dread it so much in the months leading up to it i dont enjoy it on the day.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:21 am

I would go to your mums to be honest. You need to tell your partner how you feel, and ask him to compromise. If he won't, perhaps he could look after and tidy up after his father and his gf? I bet he wouldn't like to do that. Put your foot down hun, it's your house. Why should you have to sleep on the floor over christmas?
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Chit Chat