Which music are you into? (and general music discussion)

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What genre of music do you listen to the most?

Heavy Metal/Grunge
32%
Rock'n'Roll
11%
Pop
26%
Drum and bass/Garage
5%
Classical
No votes
Rap
5%
Soul
No votes
Jazz
No votes
Techno/Dance
No votes
Other
21%

Total votes : 19

Postby Mr.L » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:53 am

Steps/Rammstein!? Good clash:P Llisa i dont like r'n'b not just because its not my thing but the lyrics and the way they represent themselves. Not all of them but most of them have the same old video with naked girls etc etc drinking etc etc oh look 'dawg' etc etc. But also the lyrics most of the lyrics mean absolutely nothign but scoring with girls and having the bigger penis or more money and a bigger 'crib'. WHereas my music which i love :p has meaningful deep lyrics which you can perhaps relate to and appreciate.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby saz » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:39 am

No dont like all bling bling rap stuff but some of it has good meanings and. Love hearing people talk that fast too!

Also love Beyonce she rocks. My boyfriend says she is his top celebrity babe.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:19 pm

Cheesy pop for me everytime
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jupiter » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:20 pm

anything really. well actually no not everything i HATE that cheesy dance pop stuff like y'know those pple who dress up as fast food pple and... dont get me started i ahte europop stuff ick!

i idolise Brian May, just for his skill - he is just so talented.

but i lvoe Aerosmith - i dont wanna miss a thing. and one of my fave songs is Leavin' on a jet plane.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mr.L » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:26 pm

Brian may is class! when he did god save the queen live! i got it and his so good at guitar! Aerosmith are okay but i cant listen to Janies got agun cos it gets in my head (it sin there:()! What about guns n roses n iron maiden you like them!? there wiked at guitars too!
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jupiter » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:46 pm

OMG! when Brian May played God Save The Queen! Classic! I mean the wind was blowing is his insane mad curly hair lol He was a God, its just the way he comands those strings, the way they sing to you, so smoothe and ultimate perfection. I'm sorry but he is a GOD! My dad brought me up on Queen and i love the music. I bow down to Brian May - i dont think pple apreciate the talent that man has... i dunno what it is... maybe his hair holds that power lol

BOW DOWN TO THE HAIR FOR IT HAS POWER!
[/b]
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:23 pm

NIRVANA
METALLICA
RAGE
DISTURBED
THEYRE THE BEST
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:58 pm

Got to clarify this...I don't listen to traditional r&B nad hip hop...any genre of music I liste to is all Christian. What I was saying is that it's hard to find a Christian artist who does the whole r&b and hip hop scene.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:30 pm

I like a bit of everything - RnB, Hip Hop, Dance, Garage, Pop....list goes on. The only style of music I dont like is Heavy Metal.
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jupiter » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:44 pm

Llisa - so when u say christian music do you mean mainstream like when Mary Mary where around? i had their album it was great but you dont hear of them anymore. i dont think we have that much christian music in mainstream in UK
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby misatok11 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Well i like Metal/Dance weird combo!

Like the foo fighters, Metallica, Slipknot, Rammstein, Deftones, QOTSA, Limp Bizkit and loads of trance, Hard house music.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:22 pm

My name gives it away very easily :)

I'm into KoRn (obviously), Linkin Park although I think their new album is absolute garbage, I love Incubus, Lostprophets, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Taproot, Stone Sour, Killswitch Engage, Type-O-Negative, 36 Crazyfists, Soundgarden, Audioslave, RATM, System of a Down, Mudvayne and, I'm not ashamed or afraid to say it, Avril Lavigne.

I like loads of different types of music though. I like some of the stuff by Ashanti (especially Rain on Me), Nivea, Aaliyah (RIP), TLC. I like old stuff as well but I'm far too tired to remember any of them.

I like a bit of classical music by Rachmaninov, Beethoven, Motzart and Berlioz.

I utterly detest manufactured pop music because I think it's an insult to the music industry, I hate bubblegum pop because it's just an insult in general, I hate trancey pop music that they call 'dance'- I personally think it's not even fit to be played in clubs since it's all the same. I like real dance music by the likes of Oakenfold, Fluke, Rob Dougan and Faithless.

Bah... I talk too much
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Mr.L » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:28 pm

Poor cheeky girls! But i have to agree with you. All their songs are about love and how great it is or how much i miss you etc etc wth dumbass lyrics a monkey on a type writer could make up!
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Enigma » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:33 pm

I love Paul Oakenfold. Well, his music.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby KoRn_Freak » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:44 pm

I know who I forgot!! Rob Zombie! How on earth could I forget him!?!

[-o<

*Prays to the Zombies for forgiveness!*
We've got a long way to go; when snow hits the asphalt, cold looks and bad talk come...
We've got a long way to go; it's beyond Martin Luther: upgrade computer.
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat