Do you believe in lobsters?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do you believe in 'The One' - Your lobster

Yes - have found them
30%
No - don't be silly
25%
Yes- but have not found them
35%
Not Sure
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Llisa » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:14 pm

But...what about my dad? He married, had children, and then his wife died. few years later he married my mom and they had me...so, who was my dad's REAL lobster...his first wife, or my mom?
Try explaning that...
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:12 pm

Both, His first lobster died so the world found him another one, you can only have one at a time and now he has one
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Mr.L » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:16 pm

Thanks depman 8)

sorry about my posts perhaps being negative but i just want to a shed some positive light on it all and make people think that things should be different. When i said that is a shame that people are forgetting what true love is i wanted it to inspire people to feel strongly and disgaree, nto ina bad way but in a way that they find the true love and proove me wrong more. Sorry just Love is a precious and to be honest perfect thing.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby sovs » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:25 pm

Hear, hear :D
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:38 am

Sorry Mr. L, but I have to disagree with you.
So when my dad was married the first time...who during that period was my mom's Lobster? It couldn't have been some other guy...becaues then she would have married him.
And you've already said that it wasn't my dad...
BTW, my dad is no longer living, so is there now another 'so-called' lobster out there for my mom? She says she will never marry again, so if the world automatically gave her another lobster when my dad died, then he'll never marry...so is that fair?
You see, there are just too many variables I believe for there to be one TRUE person out there for each of us... [/i]
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Mr.L » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your dad.

i dont want to argue about this because i would not want to offend or hurt you. sorry.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Llisa » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:32 pm

Thank you.
It's something that everyone just has to agree to disagree on.
HE has all the answers

Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:57 pm

My dad left my mum this night 4 years ago. I just find it hard to believe in romance nowadays. I never saw my mum and dad be romantic together, never held hands, kissed or laughed together. Is v sad.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:56 pm

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying to thi post!
I believe there is a "lobster" - Theres someone for everyone, just finding them thats the problem!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:14 pm

"I never saw my mum and dad be romantic together, never held hands, kissed or laughed together"

Yeah, I never saw mine do that also.

Ashley
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:15 pm

My parents dont hold hands, kiss...nothing really. It upsets me to see them this way because they do love eachother, they just dont express it to eachother.
xxx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:18 pm

Maybe they express it when you're not around.

Captain Flynn
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Jupiter » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:26 pm

my parents have been married for 26 years and together for 30 years. they always argue, sometimes its awful but i still see them laugh together and tickle eachother sometimes. my father uses nicknes for her and they go out on dates. they row but have little bursts of romance at times, they row because they are stressed not because they dont love eachother although it sometimes feels like it. my mopther is mean to my dad and my dad knows just which buttons to press but theyre still together.

i dont think everyone necciserally marries their lobster, but it doesnt mean they arent happy. so everyone has a lobster but i dont think everyone finds them and holds on to them. nowadays people let go of relationships too easily, not enough people fight for it. and just because people fight it doesnt mean they arent lobsters.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:51 pm

Going back to this topic - i have been thinking about this. To me, my daughter is my soulmate. She cant talk properly yet but she knows me better than anyone else. She will always come before anyone else, know how i am feeling and thinking, be there for me when i need her and vice versa. She is definately my soulmate - in the sense that she is part of me, always will be no matter what and i know that we will always be close. It is my lifes ambition to make sure of that.

Perhaps i am being silly but this is the way i feel. I feel close to my boyfriend, mum and sister but the bond i have with her doesn't come close to anyone else.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby halfwaythere » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:29 am

Is it posible for your son or daughter to be your soulmate

I mean they will no you better than anybody else but that will be because they have 1/2 of you inside them and spend time with you 24/7.

The special thing with it being a boy/girlfriend is that you never knew them from birth (well you might have but not often) and they are not totally like you, they come from a diferent family, they have their differences but when you find them you know you match.

I hope that makes sense :-?

Steve -x-
To The World You Are One Person But To One Person You Are The World
halfwaythere
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat