Domestic Violence Towards Men

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:57 am

I have been in abusive relationships but have never hit a boyfriend, i have been hit by them and my father. It does destroy your self confidence as depman has said and takes time to recover from emotionally. I did hit back at my dad when i was about 15. I had had enough of being treated like that and just lashed out. I did really hurt him and he never touched me after that he would just threaten to.

I would be too scared to hit a man nowadays because i think they are physically stronger and i would get hit back by them. I have felt like hitting a boyfriend before but never had the courage to actually do it.

My dad always made me feel as though it was my fault and i deserved it, which still makes me feel like i antagonise men into these things. I have felt like my current boyfriend has been so close to it before because i do believe i drive men to do it by going on and on and on. I spose it is because you still think you deserve it. He has never hit me but i am always waiting for it to happen but part of me does know he wouldn't do that to me.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:08 am

What i meant to say was that ANY abuse is wrong and there should be support there for men not just women. People just assume that it doesn't happen to men or that it cant be that bad but i know how much you can fear and be worn down by someone, big, small, male, female - anyone. A lot of it is just about control over someone and i can see how it can be nyone of either sex
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Previous

Return to Chit Chat