Schoolyard Violence

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Schoolyard Violence

Postby Jupiter » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:40 pm

Listening to the news yesterday night i was shocked when i heard about Luke Warmley, a 15yr old boy stabbed in the schoolyard by a 16yr old boy at his school. He died from a stabwound to the heart.

I dont quite know what the hell is happening now with voilence and security within the school and general behaviour, when i was at school nothing like this happened. People have always been bullied, and voilence has always been used but this was something that shocked me. To know that someone was able to murder someone like this on school grounds shocked and scared me to death.

What are peoples opinions on security in schools and the general opinion on violent behaviour. Do you think we are being de-sensitised so much that some people are at the point where they are actually capible of killing? and what are your opinions on putting security measures into schools? do you think that children should be searched and have security measures in school or so you think that it's just an invasion of privacy?
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ms 6275 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:34 am

at my old school we have a fence around the grounds like most schools do but we also have a fence around the school its self and fences around the paths to and from the school.

but i think the main prob with schools is that teachers cant do any thing, they have no power and if they do try and make the kids behave there the kids fight back because they know nothing will happen to them or they perants come in and complane or attack the teachers. in school kids can and do get away with anything and everything these days

these days the kids run the schools
I am nobody and Nobody is perfect Therefore, I must be perfect - can't remember

Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering - yoda

If it can go wrong it will go wrong - sods law
ms 6275
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

link

Postby Enigma » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:14 am

Do you feel safe at school? (CBBC Newsround website)
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby halfwaythere » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:26 am

detentions really do nothing nowdays. people either go to them for an hour walk out and are no different, or not show up, let them build up, but never show up. teachers cant do anything. Bring back the cane, then people will learn
To The World You Are One Person But To One Person You Are The World
halfwaythere
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:50 am

A large proportion of blame has to lie with parents on this one. Schools can not be expected to do everything and a 16 year old boy should not have access to a weapon, let alone use it so it shows that something has gone wrong somewhere and i dont think it is the school. The schools cannot be expected to monitor, strip search pupils and take all the blame for things like this.

I mean, where did he get the knife and did they know he had one? Parents have to teach their children the differences between right and wrong and instill moral standards into them from a young age. This is not the responsibility of the teachers.

Personally i saw a lot of bullying at my school, some of which i was on the receiving end of and it isn't nice. I can see how things escalate into violence and there must be something done to stop this. I worry about my daughter going to school and being bullied or bullying so i am going to start talking to her about it from a young age and hopefully she will have learnt from me not to use violence.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:33 am

Some blame deffinately lays with the parents.
It disgusts me when i go out and see kids of 10 years old walking about swearing and littering etc and just think they can get away with it, then you see their parents and no wonder, their common, and think their all that and can do what they like, and all that comes from their mouths is filth.
My sister in law is a great mum, but she swears a lot in front of her kids. When davids there and she does this i have to stop myself from giving her a piece of my mind, but at the end of the day her parents are like it so its obvious she will do it to which is why we have to think before we speak infront of our little ones.

I think having your bags checked at secondary school would be a good idea and a metal detecter to walk through.
I think they do this in America :-?
It would make pupils feel safer and the parents have peace of mind.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:45 am

Sovs couldn't agree with you more hun!! :D
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby ms 6275 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:13 pm

dont bring back the cane what we should do is bring back the dunce cap then when someone is messing about or coursing trouble instead of people laughing with them people would laugh at them which should make them stop.

and as for detentions they should be all day saturday not just 10 mins after school that way people wont want detention were as now it dont matter if u get detention or not beause all it means is u miss scooby doo

also with people that keep missbehaving there perants should get lessons on how to be a good perant and actualy care about what there kids do and dont do
I am nobody and Nobody is perfect Therefore, I must be perfect - can't remember

Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering - yoda

If it can go wrong it will go wrong - sods law
ms 6275
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:52 pm

sovs wrote:I think having your bags checked at secondary school would be a good idea and a metal detecter to walk through.
I think they do this in America :-?
It would make pupils feel safer and the parents have peace of mind.

Do u really want a police state?

I think that there should be playground monitors (professionals of course) for monitoring and not surveillance

Vladimir
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:03 pm

Well Fidel the way this countrys going with all the murders etc we may need to be like a police state. Rather that than my child getting stabbed in school or by any other scum that walks this earth!
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:10 pm

Well maybe George Orwell's predicitions may have to come true (let's just say he's not accurate with dates). I agree that I wouldnt want my child stabbed but this is a one-off 1st time crime

Let's not forget that people - not every high building has anti-aircraft artillery

Vlad
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:12 pm

Terrible story - can't quite understand whats wrong with some people these days.
When I was at school, bullying was quite popular - I dont think there was a day that went past when I didn't see somebody being nasty to someone.
I really do think schools should wake up and smell the coffee, it's clear bullying is going on, but they just seem to look straight through it.
I think bags should be checked on a regular basis, to make sure knives and other dangerous intruments are not being carried around - maybe the result of stabbing will come to a minimum.

K xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:21 pm

Fidel, have you read Animal farm, its really educational.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:47 pm

Yes I have i did my exam in english on it
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:54 pm

America is that way because of gun and bullying policies. They are not tough enough on the teenager bullies and most school shootings happen because the people who are bullied can easily get guns and want to show the world a message of revenge and what pure hatred does to a bullied child,
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Chit Chat