Your views on the Spiderman (fathers rights) protester

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Your views on the Spiderman (fathers rights) protester

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:03 am

I would like to know what people think about the man who is dressed as spiderman at the top of the bridge in London, apparently on behalf of rights for fathers.

I dont know all the ins and outs of it, but have to agree with Ken Livingstone that he isn't exactly a good role model for his children.

I do think that fathers should have rights over their kids, and know that there are bad mothers out there, but that number is very small. The majority of mothers think they are acting in the best interest of their children by restricting access to their father, and some have good reason to do so.

It is totally wrong for a mother to restrict a father from seeing his children if he is a good, loving father just out of spite, say if he has remarried or over money.

What do you think?
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:12 am

Is he still up there? I read about him in the newspaper a few days ago. I thik it's silly. I see his point but the mother said that he is petrified of him. I don't blame her, knowing that he would climb up a crane say 100ft into the air is pretty irresponsible.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:17 am

Well i know a little bit about the group he is part of. They have staged loads of demonstrations so far because they want more laws for the rights of fathers but because no one has taken much notice so far, he has decided to do this stupid stunt.

How could anyone take him seriously after this?

There are serious situations in which the mother feels that the childrens welfare will be compromised if the father has unrestricted access, and if any new laws are passed then the mother will have less control over this. It is a shame that some parents abuse the system because it is in their favour but if your children are frightened of their father, is if fair to let them see him with no supervision?
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:31 pm

The days of collecting signatures on a petition are gone. In order to get your cause noticed people now need to take things further.

The guy who dressed up as Spiderman, David Chick, has appeared in court with a public nuisance charge and has been released on bail.

Chick did not appear in his Spiderman outfit in court.

The case has been adjourned until December 18 when Chick is expected to be committed to Southwark Crown Court.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:49 pm

LOL enigma

I dont want him to go to prison or anything, in fact i feel a bit sorry for him. I also feel sorry for his family. How would you feel if your dad did what he did? I would just freak out i think.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby depman » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:38 pm

Yes I agree enigma the days are gone of petitions and I think what he is doing is great
I also feel sorry for him Fathers do have a right to see their kids as much as they can
The fathers are always treated second class
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:06 pm

All the best to him, i say :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:07 pm

yeah - good 4 him!!!!!!!!!!!

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:04 pm

The father should not be arrested but instead praised for showing how much of a good father he is. he did it for lvoe of his kids and nowadays i dont think the father of the family get enough recognition. I mean becase of society women are seen as the child raisers but now they can work whereas the father is the woking one but not the mother.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Llisa » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:08 am

Being objective here, since I haven no idea what any of you are talking about :D , but do we know the whole story? Someone said that the mother was terrified of him...well maybe she isn't exaggerating. Maybe he was a terrible person and shouldn't be around children at all.
If however, he is a decent person and truly loves his child and the mother is just being...well...you know....then I clap my hands for him. Although I do find that extremely dangerous...
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:58 am

Well basically Llisa, a man protesting to see his daughter and for changes to the law regarding fathers rights, dressed up as spiderman and went up a crane, closing the roads off because police were worried crane might tip over. Apparently the police bill was £10,000 a day and has cost the economy millions.

Apparently the mother is scared of him and doesn't think he is a good father to her daughter (this was in a newspaper yesterday). He has convictions for drug possession and indecent exposure.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Chit Chat