How does wintertime affect you?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

How does wintertime affect you?

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:59 pm

This may sound boring to some but i was just wondering. Since the clocks changed i am so tired all the time. I am bad tempered and grumpy, have got spots for some bizarre reason and my hair doesn't seem to be in very good condition.

I know there is a condition called Seasonal Affective Disorder but i dont think i would go that far. My boyfriend, mum and sister all feel the same too. I think they ought to ban the clock changes like they are saying they might. See if we all feel better.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:16 pm

I'm not sure if it has affected me or whether it is just a coincidence but I also feel very tired. It could be knowing that I have to get up when it is still dark in the morning. Miserable mornings. I don't know but it does seem to have an effect on me.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:19 pm

Also my baby has been really really difficult lately, over tired but wont sleep properly and grumpier than usual.

Just wondering whether it is our family in general but if you feel the same smile then maybe it is winter
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:21 pm

I must admit I've been grumpy too. Be good if I can blame it on the weather! :D
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:33 pm

I've been moody recently, but I just think that's stress and hormones lol.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby ms 6275 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:22 pm

i start to become happy in winter coz i like the cold and lack of sun (im a night person and i hate it when its hot and sunny)

But if u do get S.A.D in winter u can get a special light that helps now days but i dont know where from tho
I am nobody and Nobody is perfect Therefore, I must be perfect - can't remember

Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering - yoda

If it can go wrong it will go wrong - sods law
ms 6275
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby depman » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:31 pm

Yes Im the same I love the winter and dark nights
I hate summer Because I cant stand the heat
This year I really suffered It just dragged on and on every day
Most people love it
While I was working in my taxi people couldnt understand why my car was like a fridge with the Air con on they used to say turn it off and I used to say no And keep the windows closed as well
I had to keep telling SOVS to close the window to keep it cool because she kept opening it up
I have always been a winter person and im the opposite to s.a.d
I become happy when its -2 outside but miserable when its 25
8)
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Stef » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:40 pm

Hi. Hmm... I think I suffer mildy from SAD.

Heard a statistic which I now cannot remember :( but lots more people suffer from it than I imagined.

Personally I hate cold weather because I have Raynaud's Disease which leaves my hands and feet numb and any drop in temperature makes me moody!

Last October-February I was placed on anti-depressants which may (or may not ) have been due to lack of sunlight. Am hoping to stay off them this winter but, what with recently being dumped, I'm not sure it's possible.
You only get one chance at it - so let's all give it our best shot.
Stef
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jupiter » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:41 pm

i love those nighjts in winter when you crawl into a cold bed and a cold pillow, instead of it being all hot and sweaty. and i love when you look outside and its all cold and you're inside in your bed all warm. Plus it's christmas time! and i get to wear my x-mas socks with little bells on them hehe and x-mas trees and snow and bright x-mas lights and snow :D

i dont get depressed in winter or in summer. i like both summer cos its warm but id much rather ber too cold than too hot.

The only thing bad about winter is that my toes get very cold and i get lonely when im not with the one i love. it gets all sad when you're lonely and have no-one to hold.

i dont think they should stop changing the clocks cos i like the dark nights of winter and it really doesnt have alot to do with the clocks, after all they went back and not forward. i dont like looking outside at 9pm and it being light outside it just feels wrong, it should be dark.

winter has all the best romantic things too.

Bonfire Night
Christmas
New Year
Valentines Day

plus i always seem to have much better winters than summers, in the summer i always either lose my job or get dumped lol but in winter i always find jobs and love - strange.

however when its cold outside it does make you want to stay in bed longer and staying in bed too long makes you tired. it's cold outside too which makes going to work and freezing because they dont turn on the heat enough annoying.

i dont like summer alot because i have exma and it tends to flare in summer with the warmth, giving me heat rash.

but winter is exellent because yuou get to buy a whole new wardrobe lol -Boots, hats, gloves, scarves, coats, warm socks. yumm.

i love winter. i like summer but i love winter
Last edited by Jupiter on Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Stef » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:45 pm

P.S. Saz,

I'd blame the central heating for your spots and lack of hair condition. Also, if you have it up to high and not getting much ventilation, this could be contributing to your tiredness. Try to ensure your bedroom is airy to ensure you awaken refreshed and ready to face the day. Difficult I know, I love heat too, but maybe worth giving a bash?

Summer's great because most of us don't need additional heating in our homes and I always find natural sunlight improves skin condition.
Stef
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jupiter » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:01 pm

actually as health goes im worse in summer. my lips get dried out and sore from the heat, my skin itches and i get hayfever as well as summer colds. i can never sleep and tend to get my body clock in a wierd way because i just cant sleep. winter just seems a little more layed back than summer, summer temds to stress me. i get spots and rashes and feel so tired from the heat as well as lack of sleep. too much heat is bad for you.

but - i lvoe steamy hot showers and baths in the winter. just staying in the bath forever i love. but in summer i feel way too hot to have a long bath.
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Stef » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:10 pm

Good job everyone's different Jupiter! :lol:
Stef
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:48 pm

Im used to it being a russian native
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:55 pm

I love winter, although i dont like the cold i got with it :P

Me and stew started dating on 10 dec, so winters special to me :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:16 pm

I have to say, I feel quite tired myself - since the clocks have one back I feel tired all the time - maybe because the nights are getting darker earlier.

I wouldn't say I change though - still the same old Kerry!!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Chit Chat