Influence of 'famous people' - good or bad?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Enigma » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:32 pm

Yes, I did. The question still applies. Why does that make her a 'freak'? She's just a person with her individual lifestyle, preferences, characteristics, and quirks.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:53 pm

Yes Enigma I agree. And to top it off, the reports of her not making eye contact with staff etc. They are rumours. There was probably some luggage handler at the hotel who thought to himself... 'I can make a good bit of cash here if I sell a story'. So he goes up to a reporter and tells them this so called story. And there you have it... he is £200 richer.

Don't believe anything you read in the papers. Always my motto. :P
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:55 pm

I read that in good Scottish newspapers.
thank u

Post edited by smile on 08/11/03.
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:08 pm

J-Lo isn't a good role model I dont think - she's all over the place. One minute she's with Ben Affleck (Lucky cow lol) the next she's not.

Victoria Beckham probably is a good role model as said before - personally, I dont like the girl, but she's never done anything wrong i.e - drugs.
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:21 pm

She hasn't done anything wrong according to the media.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby X_Smiler_X » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:31 pm

Who? Victoria or J-Lo?
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:36 pm

Victoria. Since the media make so much profit through the positive aspects of Victoria and David then that is what they focus on. If the media were able to make a larger profit through the negative aspects of their relationship then they would turn around just like that.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:48 pm

What happened to britneys virginity?
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Mr.L » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:49 pm

i think some celebritys should be more responsible but remember they are jsut humans. They want to go out and get drunk, they want sex, they want to do stupid but fun things, there just like us.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby saz » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:18 pm

Yes that is all well and good Mr L but who pays these people??? We do. We buy music, we go and see films, buy books, magazines and countless other mechandise. If we dont like them then their record company/management aren't going to bother with them for long and carry on forking out millions for no reason (look at the forgotten celebs, Mark Owen, Jason Donovan and countless more.....).

People who are such huge celebs such as J-Lo are in the business for the money. They may 'love' singing and acting but they make a hell of a lot more money from sponsorship deals, merchanise and silly documentaries. You will find they dont actually do a lot of signing and acting, they spend more time thinking about their next tactical move for max press coverage. You can tell who really enjoys acting/singing, because they just concerntrate on that. You dont see U2 all over HEAT magazine, in the newspapers, on bus shelters, Celebrity Millionare and plastic dolls in Toys R Us very often do you?

So, seen as we pay their wages really, and keep them in their luxury lifestyle (they wouldn't be where they were if it wasn't for the fans) then i think that they DO have an obligation to behave in a healthy way and also entertain us. If they appeal to children (and rely on that part of the market - eg Britney) then they know they have to behave like role models to those children. If parents like me dont like her behaviour then we will stop buying these things for our kids! Take note that Britneys behaviour has got more outragous as her record sales have fallen, she is trying to attract a new market cos they know parents refuse to buy her anymore.

I just feel sucked into all of this, throwing my money at people who have no regard for the people who have helped them get where they are. Sex, drugs and rock and roll might sell magazines and newspapers, but i dont think it sells music anymore and all of these so called celebs ruin things for geniune honest people who really do love their job and dont just want money but also recognition for their talents and want to entertain their fans.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Stef » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:56 pm

It's a good argument Saz.

Entirely agree with you that it only takes a few of these small minded, undesirable attituded "stars" to spoil the reputation of the many true stars who do live a clean, admirable, responsible and often generous in many respects life.
You only get one chance at it - so let's all give it our best shot.
Stef
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mr.L » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:41 pm

I wasnt arguing agaisnt the point you were making :S
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby saz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:26 am

If i saved all the money i give to pop and film stars (by buying their music or film) i might one day be as rich as they are.......
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:54 pm

Hehe, If blockbuster gave me all my money back i would be loaded :P
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jupiter » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:12 pm

Mark Owen isnt forgotten he's relaunching his musical career by the way :P

i think celebs should be able to go out and have a good time like everypne else but be careful what they do. drinking is fine as long as they dont go over the top and make a fool of themselves. drugs is not okay, violence is not okay and they should be more aware of what impression that gives.

theres a post on this forum (i cant remember which section) which askes Britney Spears' measurements cos they wanted to be like her and the same dress size as her. i think this is a good reflection of our obsession with the celebs. Of course its not britneys fault but i think that celebrities should put a more positive message out that neing yourself is more important than trying to look popular etc.

Atomic Kitten is a good example Tash (i think) had breast implants that she really didnt need. i think this sends the wrong message to the fans. they have a young fan base and it gives the impression of if u dont like something change iT.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat