What do you think about Prince Charles?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby saz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:49 am

Thanks Smile i found that site too (in the end). Hmm apparently

E-mail correspondence is not yet available from the Royal Households

so back to handwriting it but least i have the address.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jupiter » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:00 pm

a letter of support is a wonderful idea. i reckon everyone should write one in support to him, could be nice. i think the media can be very wreckless, their daily task is to ruin peoples lives. i feel so sorry for harry and william because not only to they have these alligations about their father roaming about but the press wont let their mother rest in he peace she deserves either. It's almost like the royals arent allowed to do anything wrong. i mean for gods sake harry was getting a bashing in the paper for wearing an england rugby shirt and cheering at the game against wales. He's english so why not? its good to see the royal family as human beings. i understand that as 'Harry of Wa;es' she should have been wearing a welsh shirt but if he wore a welsh shirt he would have got slammed for not wearing an england shirt, as he is english. the media should leave Prince Charl;es alone and not ruin any more of his life by sending these alligations around. And so what if he is gay, what the big deal about it, he should be able to live his life like the human being that he is.
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:34 pm

Haven't read through this whole topic yet.

The full details about the apparent incident were online, but were then removed due to the injuction. It actually makes it illegal for us to talk about the incident specifically, but we can discuss the general situation.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:06 pm

Well Engima i am on the side of the royals we are going to write letters of support but Palace dont have email yet... so posting them instead.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Fidel » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:09 pm

Since im in scotland is it alrite for me to talk about it?
I need to know the truth about the royals. I believ the monarchy should be abolished and that these "figureheads" should be exposed for what they really are. They suck off society and for what?????
They do nothing
get rid of them now

Vlad
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jupiter » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:28 pm

personally i support the monarchy its part of our heritage.

i dont think that there is proof that any of the alligations were vorrect anyway.
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sovs » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:57 pm

Your right jupiter.

I couldnt imagine london with out buckingham palace and the royals, they are our heritage and there not going nowhere.
The only thing that i am suspious about is Dianas death, but other than that the royals get my full backing.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Fidel » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:33 pm

I am also suspicious about the death of Diana
I smell foul play afoot
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby smile » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:42 pm

The press really destroy the reputations of people and we have seen it happen. All they have to do is start a little rumour and soon everyon knows about it and thinks 'There is no smoke without fire' but in some cases it has to be made up. We can't believe that everything in the papers is true.

I don't think we should abolish the monarchy. If you support the country, you also support the monarcy. The monarchy has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years, they can't just get rid of it because of a little foul play. The press hounded Charles when he divorced Diana. What would they of though of Henry VIII with his 6 wives? And the foul play that went on behind the scenes.

I think we need to remember that they are still people.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:22 pm

The injunction applies to activity on any website, since the Internet has a global audience.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:44 pm

Actually the monarchy dont suck off society instead them being there attracts many tourists and boosts profits of course. Plus they are part of our traditional england. Of whats left of it the royal family are the most important and shoudl always remain.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby smile » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:57 pm

Here here Mr. L. =D>
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:50 pm

Erm Fidel have you forgotten all of the charity work the Royal family contribute to? The Princes Trust in itself is a very good thing and there are a lot of other things they do that most people dont know about.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Llisa » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:17 am

The Royals are the centre of the UK, as well as other countries...it's a group of people that everyone (exceptions of course) looks up to.
A lot of countries don't have that, and really, it's a shame.
Canada is no longer under British influence...even though the Queen is still very much aware of our doings...and in a way I wish it was. The whole government scheme over here is very up in the air. It does have to do with how big we are, but have so many seperate gov'ts is really confusing. If we could have just one central figure that would be great.
The Royals have, and no doubt always been in a limelight and in place, and unless there is an enormous revolution which as we know some people want...they will always be there.[/i]
Last edited by Llisa on Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby mariamaria » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:39 am

Yeah, anyways...

SOOOO....Prince Charles may or may not be gay. So what? No biggie. Our society is modern enough to deal with it if he is. We have plenty of homosexual people in the country so why just pick on the famous ones? Aren't famous people such as the royal family allowed to express emotion and have feelings?? I think that they are supposed to be able to express emotions it's just that we're not used to seeing them have emotions thats why we assume that they DON'T have emotions.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing but I put my point forward the best way I knew how.

love

mariamaria

P.S. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN. (And her husband who's a Prince :-?)
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat