Stuffing my face with xmas food already!!!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Stuffing my face with xmas food already!!!

Postby saz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:20 pm

The other day we bought a huge tin of Quality Streets and put it in the cupboard for christmas. When we bought it i was under strict instructions NOT to eat them all before christmas, just like i did last year!!! But i have opened them already and now dont know how to tell him that i have eaten most of them.... he is bound to check and get annoyed with me.

I always do this and am worse on christmas day. I eat so much junk that i can never eat my dinner but dont know why this is???? What can i do to stop myself? Obvious one is dont buy stuff but then this deprives everyone else of chocs and biccys. I am also struggling to stop myself giving people the presents i have bought them for xmas, especially my daughter!!!! Why cant i just wait i am sooo impatient.

Ohhhh what can i dooooo about the chocs??????

Is a stupid topic i know but wondered if anyone else has been at the xmas food already in November....
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Stef » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:33 pm

Can you polish off what remains of the tin and replace it with another before the other half finds out?!!

Is having an early Christmas dinner a possibility? I get up around 9 a.m., have my breckie & eat no more until we sit down to our meal at 2.30 p.m.

Try not to buy Christmas food until the last minute, after all if it's really for Christmas you don't need to ladden your cupboard's with it now!! It's only temptation, so leave it in the shops!!

If you really are tempted to divy out Xmas gifts now, store them at a friends house and collect them Christmas Eve.

Hope these suggestions are of some help.
You only get one chance at it - so let's all give it our best shot.
Stef
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jupiter » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:52 pm

you could buy a smaller box of chocs and tip it into the tin, its better than eating them all. have you tried buying the gifts and wrapping them streight away then putting them in a box and sealing it and giving it to someone to hide. just tell yourself self control, self control. set yourself a target to be good and stay away.

as for the x-mas food, i knwo sometimes u need to buy it in buits to spread the cost or whatever but try putting them somewhere else, hide them away in a far cupboard or whatever.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:20 pm

Me and my sister are writing this actually still eating the bleeding things we cant seem to stop ourselves. We both feel sick!!!!

It looks like i have no self control when it comes to chocolates. I think i am going to confess to eating them and tell him not to buy any more stuff until nearer christmas. Thanks girls!!!!
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Stef » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:32 pm

Brave move Saz - we all know honesty's the best policy :D
You only get one chance at it - so let's all give it our best shot.
Stef
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:08 pm

Well just for now i have sellotaped lid down to bide some time before i have to confess... also have had to put wrappers in a carrier bag, inside another bag... what am i doing? Am like SAS over quality streets
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:25 pm

lol

Sweets Addicts Service
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Mr.L » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:38 pm

I always pull the crackers, cant stop! I only eat the toffee and chocolate xmas sweets though!
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Deadman001 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:46 pm

i can't remember who said it but i'd agree with the idea of wrapping the presents as soon as you can and then hiding them, maybe in the loft or something

As for the chocies instead of getting them in before christmas, if u have people coming round for christmas dinner ask them to bring something like that as a contribution, if thats not an option go down to the nearest 24 hour garage on christmas eve and get a box of orange matchmakers they always go down a treat and aint that expensive (As a certain scottish DJ always says)...lol

i hate this time of year, don't get me wrong i like christmas but it's the build up to it i can't stand, i mean it's not even december yet for crying out loud. I swear the shops start advertising earlier and earlier each year, and putting the selection boxes out this early is just cruel as well!
"I laugh in the face of danger, then i hide until it goes away" -> Xander

"Lay it down, I've always been with you
Hear me now, With all that's within you
Be my savior, And I'll be your downfall"
Deadman001
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby sovs » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:36 pm

Hehe, Saz i think we were split at birth.
I bought a huge tin of celebrations for christmas and me and david have ate half the tin...well david ate 4 of the milky ways hehe.
And my nan gave me some all butter biscuits and now there gone!!!!!!

Good job i have a baby so i can work the calories off running around after him :D
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:46 pm

:( *sobbing heart out*

there are only coconut ones left in quality street tin now and he wont let me buy any more.

Lol sovs, i think you are onto something there about being split at birth i am going to talk to my mum.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Chit Chat