Recommended Television Viewing

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby saz » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:45 pm

From experience i cannot imagine most 14 year olds going and buying or asking for condoms. Most people, even adults are way too embarrased and would rather go without. Stupid i know as a little condom could save your life, but unfortunately this is how immature some people can be (not me by the way i still buy them with no shame at all). Shop assistants can be a bit rude when you buy them i have found and make you feel awful which isn't good.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LoVe BuG » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:32 pm

theres atcually some more adult before 14 programes on there 2 on tuesday and 1 on wednesday i no im watching all of them
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:09 pm

That's right LoVe BuG, tonight starts off the season of programming about this topic.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Enigma » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:41 pm

Great programming from Channel 4!
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby kitten » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:51 am

Wow, I don't remember growing up that quickly!! There were some very good points made in the programmes.

I felt ready at 15 but waited until 17 and I knew I was with the right person.

We had very good sex education at my school and I never felt much pressure to have sex because everyone else was.

Not sure what they should do with the age of consent as no matter what people will always have underage sex.

Think its a bit extreme that all forms of sexual contact eg kissing, hugging etc will be made illegal!
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby halfwaythere » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:29 am

Still don't agree with the heading of the post however the programme was brilliant, I think it does show the extreme side of things but then again if it didn't the programme would be boring, however not all teens are like that, that's in pleasureland.

As for the programme before it I totally agree with the point she made saying everybody is different and should be able to make their own mind about when to move closer to a physical relationship.

Very good programmes looking forward to the rest of the seris
To The World You Are One Person But To One Person You Are The World
halfwaythere
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby LoVe BuG » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:49 pm

I dont think all forms of sexual contact eg kissing, hugging etc should be made illegal!

As then children are going to be scared to even touch someone of the opposite sex as if you just catch them they might be like bored as they cant play games like catch or kiss chase!

your male/ female friend could be very upset and need a hug someone to make them feel loved but they cant because its illega!!

THATS MY OPINION!!
Ï'll ß §mïlïñg wëñ ï © ü, thë të䮧 wïll ñëvä §höw, ï kñö ï'll älwäÿ§ lövë ü, & ÿët ü'll ñëvä kñö
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:47 pm

Abolish the age of consent
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LoVe BuG » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:55 pm

it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to abolish it as then people who have lost it under 16 won't sound as good as they wont have an age to beat as thats what most people see it as.
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:55 pm

Exactly.
Watched both programmes and both were very good
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LoVe BuG » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:02 pm

Yes i agree!

A 10-year-old girl is arrested at school for playing kiss-chase. At the same time, a 14-year-old boy and girl are picked up by the police moments after their first tentative kiss. It sounds ridiculous – but it could happen if a new Government bill is passed.

The new Sexual Offences Bill proposes to criminalise all forms of sexual contact, including snogging, for the under 16s. As part of this debate, Adult at 14 explores the political implications of the age of consent and the history of the issue, asking if criminalising teens really is the answer.

i got that off of the website
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:03 pm

I think that that new law is wrong. If the government bans it, it will just make the under 16's do it even more. I think it would be pointless.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LoVe BuG » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:20 pm

did you no that in spain the age of consent is 13

At 13, Spain's age of consent for any type of sex is the lowest in Europe (it was raised from 12 in 1999). However on average, teenagers in Spain wait till their late teens before they start having sex.

sorry just trying to put up some of the info i've found and people on here are saying that our law shouldn't be changed lower but what about countries that are lower.
LoVe BuG
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mr.L » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:33 pm

i woudl leave it, ok some cirucmstances are mature but as you saw form that programme the majority arent and are pushed nto and regret it. A lot of teenagers now regret it because of the circumstances so i would say leave it.
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jupiter » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:34 am

i think that 16 is about right. as a guide line. but no-matter what the age uare it has still got to be with the right person or u regret it
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat