Share Your UNUSUAL Christmas Carols!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Theres the trouble!!!

Postby Irish Rose » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:48 pm

I know what's missing - children!!!

it's a shame that everyone in my house is grown up now - no little kids opening their presents and saying "aah... this is just what i always wanted! um... what is it?"

As for taking kids to see santa - they aren't even allowed to sit of santa's knee anymore! that sucks!

And i know what it's like to have the granny round - my gran is a very strict protestant. i can see why - she protests about everything! i love her to pieces though :) she hates drink, and if she sees anyone having more than one alcoholic drink in a night, she takes it off them and pours it away. As for underage drinkers...! i'm surprised she doesn't sniff all our drinks to make sure they are suitable! oh, and she ALWAYS has to watch the queen's speech (why?!)

When she is staying at our house (which isn't very often) i have to move my animals out of my room, and hoover up all stray budgie feathers that might be lying around... that sorta stuff.

Hmm... yet still it seems worth it just to see my gran a couple times a year...

My big brother always causes arguments, especially about his girlfriend. They both have mental problems. She tries to kill him every so often... but hey... that's life!

i'm ranting again, aren't i?

(sorry!)
"And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To Ireland where my heart lies."
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby saz » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:08 pm

I cant wait to take the baby to see father christmas. Obviously she has no idea who he is but she will love the lights, trees and decorations. I think she will either scream at santa or pull his beard of hehe
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Aaahh...

Postby Irish Rose » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:46 pm

Memories of being dared to pull off santa's beard... :)

I remember the first time i went to see santa - i've still got the tigger wallet he gave me about 13 years ago!
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

i luv xmas!

Postby cheese100 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:24 pm

i adore christmas! partly coz i am a christain so i enjoy the religeous part, and it is the most important day of the year for me because of that. but also, im 13 years old yet i appear to have the mental age of a five year old at christmas! we get the afternoon off school on the last day of term and even the teachers are in a good mood!
we have soooo man prezzies, stokings in the morning and santa sacks stuffed full of them! then we go to church, then come back to get lunch ready. while its cooking me and my 15 yrold bro and my lil sister sort out all the prezzies under the tree into piles of whose they are. then we open some while lunch is cooking, then we eat, then we open the rest. then we play with them and then go to the other parents house for tea and do it all over again on boxing day!

sorry to ramble on but i love it soooooo much!
luv cheesy claire
cheese100
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby smile » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:15 pm

Lets stick to topic please... Unusual Christmas Carols...
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Irish Rose » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:48 pm

Ok, sorry! :oops:

Has anyone heard the christmas carol "grandma got run over by a reindeer"?

I can't find the lyrics right now, but it's a really good one anyway.
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby JC_FREAK » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:43 am

I like the song called Mary's boy child. Not 100% of all the words but some of the chorus is:

"Marys boy child Jesus Christ
was born on christmas day"

I like the carol that was first post. Really sweet.
Did you guys know that Jesus wasn't actually born at Christmas but that the catholic church made it up to make the pagan holiday more christianized. Unfortunately it aint worked. I feel that it is just a very materialistic holiday full of "lets drink loads, eat loads, buy too much, hopefully get presents, suffer from a hangoverand indigestion the next day and watch rubbish television" I know that isn't everyone.
Does anyone really love going to church on christmas eve, my church has a great carol service and I love it.
[-o<
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3v16
[-o<

:grouphug:

*rudolph1*
JC_FREAK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fidel » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:26 pm

Yes - I did know that - Also he wasn't born in a manger but in a field. His father also had 14 other basket children and thers no logical explanation as to how Mary was a vrgin yet still had him.
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jupiter » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:01 am

lets not get into THAT discussion, could get complicated. i used to love little donkey when i was at school. i always used to sing the solo too :D i was the angel :lol:
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sovs » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:51 pm

Heres my unusual christmas poem i would sing when i was little.

Christmas is coming
The geese are getting fat
please put a penny in the old mans hat
If you have'nt got a penny
A ha'penny will do
If you have'nt got a ha'penny
Then god bless you.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:29 pm

I love that whole song in its entirety. I have a Christmas CD by Bing Crosby and he sings that, and I think it's just wonderful. Did you know it was part of a whole song?
HE has all the answers

The wait for that perfect someone may be long and painful, but the payoff lasts even longer, and is the most painless thing in the world.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

yay!

Postby Irish Rose » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:00 pm

Here's a good one! I remember my little brother singing this at one of his christmas plays at school, years ago!

Sang to the tune "Oh Christmas Tree!"

Oh Tom the toad
Oh tom the toad
Why are you lying in the road
Oh tom the toad oh tom the toad
Why are you lying in the road?

You were so green, but now you're red
Your face looks like a tire tread
Oh tom the toad oh tom the toad
Why are you lying in the road?

Substitute the "You were so green, but now you're red
Your face looks like a tire tread"

With "you were so horrible but now you're nice
You'd be tasty with a bowl of rice" and you get the second verse!

Most interesting "christmas" carol i've ever heard at a ten year olds school play!
Irish Rose
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to Chit Chat