Your opinion about sports in schools today

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Your opinion about sports in schools today

Postby depman » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:20 pm

I was wondering especially everyone on here who is in school
I was told today by a mum in the town here where I live called Crawley in sussex that all sports in schools like football netball Hockey Rugby is being taught with boys and girls playing together
I think this is a ludircus idea

Lets face it Footy for men goes well and footy for girls goes well boys and girls playing nah I dont think so

Rugby for instance apparantly the teachers are teaching the boys to go easy on the girls when making a tackle
Thats not teaching rugby

My opinion is there are sports for men ie Football/Boxing etc (Not being sexist)

Sports for girls ie Hockey/Netball etc

Sports for both ie Athletics etc

But dont mix stupid ideas like I have written #-o

What do you think and is it happening in your area?? 8)
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:33 pm

I don't think children should be forced to play sports if they'd rather do something else, like practising a music instrument for example.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:35 pm

I would not object if my daughter wanted to play sports such as football and rugby, but i would prefer she played in an all girls team. Boys of a certain age have raging hormones and tend to unleash their anger on pitch.. i dont want to be in A&E every weekend.

I hated all the stupid girly girly sports and seen as i went to an all girls school, there wasn't a lot of choice. Womens football in the USA is huge and one day it will take off over here. If my daugher was in the England Womens First Team i wouldn't be complaining.

Muhammed Ali's daughter is a wicked boxer and her father supports her, but only women on women fights. Men against women wouldnt be fair to me, no matter what people say maybe it is sexist but no, the two dont mix in a game.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby saz » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:41 pm

I do agree though that children shouldnt be forced to take part in physical activities that they dont want to do, but the way things are going, it looks as if they need it. With obesity in children rising rapidly, they are not getting enough exercise at home so they do need to do it. Children want to sit indoors on computers or games all the time. There used to be children playing games outside, football etc but people are always complaining about the balls and parents think it is dangerous so they are not getting exercise.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:49 am

I used to hate PE and me and my friends used to just mess about unless it was something we liked, such as tennis.

I dont think boys and girls should mix in PE, its a known fact men are stronger than women so its not right and they are more rough on the field.
After we got changed for PE, i hated walking out by the boys changing room, its embarresing, so what must it be like to do PE with them :o
When i was at school they had no uniform so i could wear what i was comfortable in and know i looked good, but when i had to change for PE, it was a yellow top and blue shorts, not pretty. So that makes you feel uncomfortable before you start, let alone if you had to go out there and play with the boys.

Sorry but theres a time and a place for girls and boys to play together...and its not on the field!
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Smiler_Princess » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:22 am

Hiya.

I disagree.

When we had to choose our options for our last two years, EVERYTHING I chose I was not allowed to do as girls weren't allowed.

I wasn't allowed to do:

football,
hockey or
basketball!

I had to choose netball which I despised but it has now grown on me. I wouldn't care if I was the only girl doing these lessons with the lads and I don't care about them being 'rough' as I believe we are of the same strength and skill if we try! (Also, I know some other girls chose football)

It is sexist. End of.

Smiler Princess xxx
"Because we can't call people without wings angels, we call them friends"

"I never wanted to be different...I just wanted to be me"
Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Fidel » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:25 am

Just to add there was once a girl in my fotball team and she was skillful but she got scared when the big Rangers' strikers came up for corners. She left when I requested her susbstitution. It's fine for women to play footie but its not to be mixed with real football.
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.
Fidel
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Smiler_Princess » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:55 am

What do you mean by 'real football'?

Just because one girl was scared of a striker doesn't mean we are all like that...

Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby depman » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:58 pm

Smiler_Princess wrote:Hiya.

I disagree.

When we had to choose our options for our last two years, EVERYTHING I chose I was not allowed to do as girls weren't allowed.

I wasn't allowed to do:

football,
hockey or
basketball!

I had to choose netball which I despised but it has now grown on me. I wouldn't care if I was the only girl doing these lessons with the lads and I don't care about them being 'rough' as I believe we are of the same strength and skill if we try! (Also, I know some other girls chose football)

It is sexist. End of.

Smiler Princess xxx

Hi smiler
If you read my first post I did state that they are making boys and girls play footy and rugby together
They dont mix well I feel
How can you be taught proper rugby like when you make a tackle for instance
It is a fact that men are physicly stronger than women
Some women cant except this but it is a fact

No one is being sexist
Please read my first post and see the point I was making to everyone
It was about my local schools and I wanted to see if it was happening all over
No offence I hope
depman :wink:
When the spurs go marching in

depman
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Smiler_Princess » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:05 pm

I know, I read your post. I was saying that at my school we aren't allowed to do these sports together which I feel is sexist as I and many other people have to do what they don't want.

I too was just making a point on your topic. I don't see why boys are stonger than girls (if that is the reason why we can't play)

Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sovs » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:09 pm

Love your avatar smiler_princess :D

I know everyone has differant views on this subject so lets not start an arguement. Remember everyone has their own opinions :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jupiter » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:33 pm

hey fidel, you come and play footie with me and you will experience real football. i greaw up playing footie with boys and im just as good as them and i can do some damage i can tell ya. womens football is real.
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby saz » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:40 pm

Sovs you think your pe kit was bad - i went to an old fashioned all girls school where the school colour was... DARK BROWN. Uniform was calf length thick brown kilt (with added large safety pin feature to stop flashing your pants), brown and white shirt, brown blazer, brown shoes and socks.

The PE kit was a white shirt with brown PE knickers. We were only allowed to wear a brown netball skirt to play netball and hockey in so you had to do all the other indoor sports in just the brown pants. I would never have played with boys in this get up. Also the teachers were so strict even if you had appendicitis you had to do games.

I hate old fashioned schools, my school didn't do any other sports apart from the usual, hockey, netball, swimming and dancing. I wont be sending my daughter to this school obviously.
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Smiler_Princess » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:43 pm

Woooo! Go Jupiter! :D

That's also a point I was trying to make and I've also grown up to play football with lads.

Saz that uniform is just so cruel. :P

Smiler_Princess
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:27 pm

I think they gave up on us at my school. There was a group of us that were so unenthusiastic. We realised that if we didn't take our PE kit in then all that would happen is we'd get to chill out and chat. So that's what I ended up doing.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Next

Return to Chit Chat